• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Fork

Yup. There will be words. And memorials. And "extra effort" to keep people safe. And things will roll on as usual. And that's kind of sad.

The alternatives are basically A. start bombing random muslim countries, B. deport all muslims/don't allow muslims in european countries, or C. 1984 surveillance.

Are those the things you want? not sure what you're expecting. You guys act like there's some obvious easy solution.

Oersted

Very curious to see what roles the US and Russia play in whatever follows this.

Edit: Just had a disturbing thought...I wonder what the US Republican presidential candidates, particularly Carson and Trump, are tweeting right now...

Trump only tweeted:

My prayers are with the victims and hostages in the horrible Paris attacks. May god be with you all.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Unfortunately, the refugee situation is going to get much more complicated due to these attacks, nationalist parties across Europe are probably going to gain a lot of ground...

Same with the GOP here in the US. They'll milk the shit out of this in the next few debates since immigration is such a huge issue this election cycle.

choodi

Banned
Radical islam is the problem. And that's the belief system a significant number of muslim asylum seekers adhere to. If just a tiny minority of all muslims are radicals, if just a minority of that minority will turn to violence, it means that Europe will face more terrorist attacks if the total number of muslims in our community goes up. I simply don't believe that the muslim community is large is capable of reducing extremism. All reports say they're completely blind to it.

You are a complete fuckwit.

Surely if they were all extremists, they'd be involved in ISIS, not fleeing it?

Some English language media have reporters at the scene, though.

If someone has a reporter on the scene and live coverage that's fine to post, but just repeating what someone heard on CNN without context isn't helpful. Nobody should be posting anything without a link or other clear source, really.

Exact same thing was said after Charlie Hebdo and here we are
This is a series of attacks on an entirely different scale and focus. Expect significant actions in response, and over the long term.

This is insanity, and I hope the US (and other allies) can help every bit as much as if it happened on our doorstep.

Merino

CTus4rrW4AADonA.jpg:large

Fire at refugee camp in Calais.

Hope it's not some kind of sick revenge thing

Finally managed to contact familly ( an aunt ) and 2 friends that were in the area . They're safe.

Damn night ..it's something we won't forget anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom