• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
if it is isis

CTutd54WsAAhl3u.png

My thoughts go out to the good people of France.

I was afraid something like this would happen when I heard the news Jihad John was killed.

Linius

I doubt they planned this in one day.

Yeah, highly unlikely.

The only scenario I can think of is that this was a plan in the works that went into action sooner because of jihadi john. That's the only way I can imagine these two events are in any way connected.

Zabant

Sky saying concert situation is now resolved with the 2 terrorist shot dead.

Good job considering the reports they had suicide vests on.

Couleurs

if it is isis

CTutd54WsAAhl3u.png

Unfortunately people aren't going to be reasonable and think about that. It'll be like it always is after a terrorist attack where idiots blame all Muslims and want to take it out on innocent people (see the guy earlier in the thread who wanted the terrorists families rounded up).

CTus4rrW4AADonA.jpg:large

Fire at refugee camp in Calais.

Hope it's not some kind of sick revenge thing

And the violence begins. Watch this spiral out of control within the next week. I sadly expect to see various news articles documenting violence towards the refugees as well as any Muslim Parisians, along with harsher refugee polices proposed by all of the European countries. All those poor people from Syria, barely escaping with their lives and now forced to wear the brand of potential terrorist all because of the actions of a handful of people.

Bossun

A journalist of iTélé said the assault was over but there was dozens of dead people. From I quote " an unofficial but reliable source" (the journalist's source)

Bowler

Very curious to see what roles the US and Russia play in whatever follows this.

Edit: Just had a disturbing thought...I wonder what the US Republican presidential candidates, particularly Carson and Trump, are tweeting right now...

Wtf? They are not monsters get out of here with that shit

Sky News via Reuters are claiming the assault on the concert venue is over, both kidnappers are dead.

This is the kind of coordinated attack on a Western major city that I'm surprised there haven't been more of over the years since the Mumbai attack in 2008. A diversified incident, spread across a city, not elaborate in the sense of repeating 9/11, but instead relying on bombs, assault weapons, and so on.
Presumably intelligence services around the world manage to catch most of these plots before they surmount to anything significant.

Obama looked world weary in his address.

I can only hope that further casualties are minimal. A cliche, but my thoughts are with the families of those involved.

King_Moc

Banned
If someone's set fire to that refugee camp, then they are EXACTLY as bad as ISIS. Like, literally 100% as bad. If only they had the intelligence to understand that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom