• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy fuck, what the hell happened.

When I clicked this thread an hour or so ago it had zero replies, skimmed a bit and it sounded like it was just a random shooting and then I'm seeing that more than 100 people were killed.

there is no such things as "random shootings" in France, or they are really rare.

Mr_Moogle

I'm not French but I'm absolutely seething. How does the government respond to something like this? Extreme measures need to be taken.

Numbers seem to keep rising...

Euronews reports that the police claim that 150 people have been killed, and that the death toll could rise. /u/SlyRatchet

Via Reddit LiveStream

Holy fuck, what the hell happened.

When I clicked this thread an hour or so ago it had zero replies, skimmed a bit and it sounded like it was just a random shooting and then I'm seeing that more than 100 people were killed.
That's how I felt 30 minutes ago.

well,teorrist groups,fueled by many different ideologies have always existed throughout the last 100 years..these are just better financied and organized..and have discovered how powerful a medium can internet be to spread certain ideas

Unfortunetely there's nothing to prevent what you describe (new threats and starting all over again) unless you end the human race. This is the way of our species: As soon as someone feels they're more right than you and have power, it's all abusing it.

Thanks for your reply guys. Guess your right...the world is a mess
Gawddamn...still cannot believe this is happening :/

I feel sad and my eyes are not dry but I can't honestly say that I'm surprised. Why does barbarism like this happen. It's just because people are dumb animals who believe in bullshit.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Ive been playing Dark Souls and minding my own business this evening, and just saw this on facebook. What a terrible world this is becoming :( All I have to say is that the people who did these things are (in all likelihood) the people that the refugees that come to Europe are running away from. My thoughts are with the victims, their friends and family.

entremet

Numbers seem to keep rising...

Euronews reports that the police claim that 150 people have been killed, and that the death toll could rise. /u/SlyRatchet

Via Reddit LiveStream
That always happens. The attacks are still very recent. Plus those with critical injuries who won't make it.

Sad stuff.

Syder

This is crazy.

Apparently, there has already been retaliation at the Calais refugee camp. People have set the thing ablaze according to reports.

Unreal. I'm at work and I'm stunned in my chair (I'm in Canada as well). Man, I have no words. What a terrible day. I really want to do something but I'm powerless to do so. All I can do is offer my prayers and thoughts, but I know that's no where near enough. I can't imagine what the people there must be going through. Thoughts and prayers to you all.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Andrea Mitchell just said on MSNBC that she's 'never seen the CIA so flummoxed' and said her sources there knew within 20 minutes of the 9/11 attacks that it was Bin Ladin.

Now? In her words: ____________________

Unsettling as fuck.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Most of the people killed in the concert were killed by grenades according to some French woman on MSNBC with police sources. Fucking terrible.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Well, I think like with most people, using multiple sources is a good thing.

I have streams from France 24, Sky News, Fox News, and BBC running, and of them France 24 is probably the best one if you want local French news.

Most of the people killed in the concert were killed by grenades. Fucking terrible.

Ugh, all the survivors and the police witnessed a sight no one should ever see.

This will haunt them forever :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom