• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Hunt these fuckers. Be ruthless in their long, slow, merciless deaths.

I'm almost cutting myself on all that edge.
Can we skip this knee-jerky melodramatic bloodlust? It's helping no-one. Ofcourse we want justice, but you sound like a complete psychopath yourself.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Löfven posted this:
Med chock och sorg mottar vi rapporterna från Paris och följer utvecklingen minut för minut. Jag tänker på och känner starkt med offren, deras anhöriga och det franska folket. Vi står enade med Frankrike i denna mörka stund.
I love you Löfven... thank you for this

Zabant

So when tea party say they want unethical changes to the us laws based on what they believe in according to the constitution, do you agree with them that they are doing it with sound judgement ? Ha

Of course not why on earth would you think I would?

My point was that those people all describe themselves as moderate muslims and many folks have shown in this thread that they don't understand what moderate muslims actually believe.

graffix13

How do you "finish the job" exactly? Eradicate the entire region?

It's an ideology that can spread as easily as posting on social media. I know you're scared and you want to feel safe knowing there's a solution but it's very likely you will have to live with this for your entire lifetime. Would finishing the job stopped people like the Boston bombers who never went to Syria or Iraq? How about that guy in Tennessee who went on a shooting spree after being recruited online?

Ironically, stuff like the NSA spying is probably the most viable way to stop stuff like this. But is that something you're ready to accept?

Exactly.

MIMIC

Banned
Well now MSNBC is also reporting that the assailants may still be at large

Both CNN and MSNBC citing French sources

EDIT: "Some" assailants, not all.

depths20XX

This news is making me feel terrible. This thread feels like a whirlpool right now though. Too much to download at once. Need a break.

Hope things don't get worse.

orochi91

How do you "finish the job" exactly? Eradicate the entire region?

It's an ideology that can spread as easily as posting on social media. I know you're scared and you want to feel safe knowing there's a solution but it's very likely you will have to live with this for your entire lifetime. Would finishing the job stopped people like the Boston bombers who never went to Syria or Iraq? How about that guy in Tennessee who went on a shooting spree after being recruited online?

Ironically, stuff like the NSA spying is probably the most viable way to stop stuff like this. But is that something you're ready to accept?

+1

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Omg fucking fox news saying the Eiffel tower went dark and they have video. They showed a vine as proof and the date, which was clearly visible, was January 8.

Of course not why on earth would you think I would?

My point was that those people all describe themselves as moderate muslims and many folks have shown in this thread that they don't understand what moderate muslims actually believe.

You are projecting their image as moderate Muslims because they said so, it doesn't make them moderates if they say so unless you want people to think such idiots are moderates

There is no hope for diplomatic solutions with this enemy. The only possible victory comes with conditions that are unpalatable to most of the world.

This is beyond fucked.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Omg fucking fox news saying the Eiffel tower went dark and they have video. They showed a vine as proof and the date, which was clearly visible, was January 8.

to be fair, gaffers are doing the same thing with posts here. Can't expect much better from FOX News.

segasonic

Hunt these fuckers. Be ruthless in their long, slow, merciless deaths.
Nice edit.

i2yUrdV.jpg

Isis is a blip in history and this will only hasten their demise. There will be a war coming to Isis on a bigger scale soon

Isis may be a blip, but extremism and terrorism aren't going anywhere. It's like squeezing a balloon-just bulges out somewhere else. Each new attempt to root out extremism in the ME just further destabilizes the region, and leads to a new crop of disenfranchised people ripe for radicalization. The terrorists aren't state actors, and they don't rely on a territory for strength but an ideology. You can't effectively make war against ideology, only hope to supplant it.

It's depressing and scary, but this is the world we live in for the foreseeable future.

Heart goes out to those in Paris, and everyone else on this tilting war-torn planet.

caleb1915

Yes they believe it themselves, my question is simple, when these idiots call themselves moderates do you believe they are in fact moderates or do you only believe that it is their view that they are moderates. There is a major difference

Ok that is much clearer thank you, and I agree with that. The people claiming to be moderate muslims while still wanting the rule of the land to be Sharia Law are merely saving face.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Found this while looking around for statements from Swedish politicians.

Well one more stupid statement by our vice-primeminister here in Sweden.

"The very serious events in Paris can now be difficult for the climate summit in December, when over 100 heads of government are planning to participate"

That's not the thing you're supposed to say after a thing like this.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
153 dead now.

Well, the death toll varies between the multiple news sources.

The most important part is not the number, even one death from this heinous act is one too many. The most important part is that for many people, they just expected to have a normal night, and many of those who died didn't expect that they would not be coming home tonight.

Each death is another person who just wanted to "enjoy their Friday night," they are not warriors, just ordinary people, doing ordinary life.

Stike

Terrorism -> war -> more terrorism -> more war -> ...

I can't see the vicious cycle ending unless someone is ballsy enough to stop the madness.

Culex

Banned
There is no hope for diplomatic solutions with this enemy. The only possible victory comes with conditions that are unpalatable to most of the world.

This is beyond fucked.

This is basically Boko Haram, only worse. You cannot deal with it, as there are multiple parties/sects/warlords, etc all under the guise of an ideal.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Well one more stupid statement by our vice-primeminister here in Sweden.

"The very serious events in Paris can now be difficult for the climate summit in December, when over 100 heads of government are planning to participate"

That's not the thing you're supposed to say after a thing like this.
Her Twitter avatar is just perfect.

What an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom