• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paul W.S Anderson & Uwe Boll bring you..SILENT HILL THE MOVIE!

Lakitu

st5fu
:lol Thank f*ck for that. Can't wait!!! Hopefully this'll be the start of great game-to-film adaptations.

Wasn't there some really shitty-ass teaser for this a while back? Hopefully that had nothing to do with the movie.

From Roger Avery's site:
And please, stop asking me if I'm as obsessed with this game as you are. The answer is, NO, I'm not. But Christophe Gans IS. I'm just writing down his interpretations and visions. I appreciate the concerns, and I'm happy to know what your favorite moments of the game are -- but please, relax a little. It's going to be a fantastic filmic experience -- Christophe is too obsessed with it for it not to be. Have faith.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I'm glad to hear he enjoys Silent Hill 2 most. That way the movie is less likely to end up as a Children of the Corn sequel than if Silent Hill 3 was his favourite.

I'm now about three hours into Silent Hill 4, and the story seems very cool compared to the third installment.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Banjo Tango said:
Wasn't there some really shitty-ass teaser for this a while back? Hopefully that had nothing to do with the movie.

They haven't released any media for the movie. Whatever you saw was probably a fan-made movie

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
AN ALAN B. SMITHEE PRODUCTION

Serially though, it'll rock. Although Chittagong is SICK and WRONG about SH3.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Actually Christophe Gans is a bad director. I mean, Crying Freeman and the Brotherhood of the Wolf. Nothing good can come from this.

At least with Uwe we were going to laugh our arses :D

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
Christophe Gans is a BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG horror/gore movie buff ( He founded at 20 the mag Starfix devoted to Action/Horror/gore cinema )

Trevelyon

Why would they collaborate on a project, when they're clearly waging bloody directorial warfare against each other?!
DSC_0133.jpg

Dead

well not really...yet
oh man directed by Cristophe Gans? This will fucking own

Trevelyon said:
Why would they collaborate on a project, when they're clearly waging bloody directorial warfare against each other?!
DSC_0133.jpg
god this pic is utterly hilarious

Makura

Isn't it kind of redundant since the enitre Silent Hill premise was based on a handful of movies to begin with?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Makura said:
Isn't it kind of redundant since the enitre Silent Hill premise was based on a handful of movies to begin with?

They drew inspiration from various films but were not exactly based off of them.

I mean, take Jacob's Ladder...

There were scenes in that movie that were clearly the basis for certain scenes/areas present in Silent Hill...but the actual storyline and characters were really nothing like Silent Hill.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Christopher Gans did an amazing job with Brotherhood of the Wolf, so this might turn out alright.

Chittagong

Gold Member
dark10x said:
They drew inspiration from various films but were not exactly based off of them.

There were scenes in that movie that were clearly the basis for certain scenes/areas present in Silent Hill...but the actual storyline and characters were really nothing like Silent Hill.

Silent Hill 2 was very closely based in concept, style and environments to Los Sin Nombre.

aku:jiki

dark10x said:

You're kind of right but I still don't really agree..

The whole jerking back and forth between, well, "what's real and what's not?" kind of stuff is the whole premise behind all of Silent Hill, and Jacob's Ladder as well. The ending with the whole "it was all a dream" kind of thing is the same as Silent Hill too. I think it's very similar when you think about it, but not so similar if you're just looking at the surface...

Also, Tim Robbin's character wears an old military jacket a lot, like James in SH2. ;)

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Oh FUCK, don't you EVER scare me like that again, COCKLES. My heart might not be able to handle it. :(

And great news...finally a Silent Hill movie is being made. Been waiting for this day to come...it's probably the game series with best game-to-movie potential IMO.

They really need Yamaoka to do the music to this, its a must if they want it to have the feel of SH. Good to know that the guy writing the script sees SH2 as the best in the series.

Gattsu25

Banned
hopefully the music from SH2 is an inspiration, as well

The cult aspect they could do without, though...I actually find that stuff laughable, not scary :\

Top Bottom