• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny-Arcade: "Marketers of the Avenger Controller are thieves and liars".

Awesome. But what made me say holy shit was clicking the "Underrated games with Ryan O'Donnell" link at the end of the video and seeing how much weight hes lost since the Co-op days.

WTF I clicked on the link as well because I thought "cool, the area 5 guy" and closed it after a few seconds because I thought "nope, not him..." :eek:

Zertez

It is entertaining and fascinating watching someone throw their career away in a matter of hours, but I feel sorry for his wife and newborn. This guy deserves the backlash because of his own actions, it is just surprising how far he took things without realizing a sincere apology would help put an end to things quicker than his other responses.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.

Can't believe how long that took. Thank you!

As a sidenote, there is a cute tweet-bot out there if you use the word "Disassemble"...

johnny5_tweet.png

shawnlreed

Any sympathy I had for Paul vanished once I read his "apology" email to Dave.

I’m not asking for any sympathy just for some understanding and forgiveness , I’m human just like everyone else and made a mistake. I underestimated you and its cost me a lot of trouble thousands of spam emails , a lot of personal bashing , and internet spam and trouble and just overall stress with my wife and newborn.

Who apologizes like this? I treated you like shit, but since all this is blowing up in my face, I regret underestimating you....

Fuck Paul.

Who apologizes like this? I treated you like shit, but since all this is blowing up in my face, I regret underestimating you....

Fuck Paul.

Yeah pretty much this. After reading his "apology" it basically read had I known you would have taken it this far I would have rolled over only to take my aggression's out on another customer....

I mean his entire apology was pointing blame on someone else. My friend died and I got this new kid and it's all stressing me out. Customer service 101: leave your personal life and work separate.

Back in the beginning when his entire life was flapping in the wind waiting to be preyed upon, pretty sure I read that it's his fiancee's kid.

So at least there's that.

Volimar

A movie villain. That's who apologizes like that.

"Alright gang, let's see who's behind this Mayor of Boston mask."

"Why, it's old man Christoforo from the haunted marketing firm!"

"I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling redditers!"

Haha I have no pity for him. None at all. He fucked up in the worst way possible for a man in his position. Also his apology is extremely eeak; like Gabe says he's only sorry he got caught.

I'm losing a bit of respect for the Penny Arcade guys here, and I really love them. Paul may be a piece of shit but being the bigger man seems like a better thing to do rather than dragging someone through the mud over the internet.

I dunno. It just seems cruel, and a bit of a power trip.

Penny Arcade said:
When these assholes threaten me or Penny Arcade I just laugh. I will personally burn everything I’ve made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames.

Childish.

Salaadin

Yeah pretty much this. After reading his "apology" it basically read had I known you would have taken it this far I would have rolled over only to take my aggression's out on another customer....

I mean his entire apology was pointing blame on someone else. My friend died and I got this new kid and it's all stressing me out. Customer service 101: leave your personal life and work separate.

Another problem with his apology is that hes blaming things that happened recently even though we have at least one instance where he treated a customer like shit back in June.

I'm losing a bit of respect for the Penny Arcade guys here. Paul may be a piece of shit but being the bigger man seems like a better thing to do rather than dragging someone through the mud over the internet.

How is reproducing someone's assholishness so others don't get scammed a bad thing? You reap what you sow.

I'm losing a bit of respect for the Penny Arcade guys here, and I really love them. Paul may be a piece of shit but being the bigger man seems like a better thing to do rather than dragging someone through the mud over the internet.

Childish.

Without them this douchebag would still be ripping people off and openly mocking them while doing it.

How is reproducing someone's assholishness so others don't get scammed a bad thing? You reap what you sow.

There's a difference between broadcasting someone's poor business sense and un-trustworthiness to the internet and reveling in the fact that the "bully" has now become the "bullied". The latest Penny Arcade post makes it seem like Gabe is taking revenge for a childhood's worth of bad experience on one stupid dude.

Jintor

Childish.

I don't think exposing somebody's assholishness and guiding the public towards a means of response is all that cruel.

There's a difference between broadcasting someone's poor business sense and un-trustworthiness to the internet and reveling in the fact that the "bully" has now become the "bullied". The latest Penny Arcade post makes it seem like Gabe is taking revenge for a childhood's worth of bad experience on one stupid dude.

I don't think he's revelling in it (though Gabe is pretty much doing that, those dudes can be pretty childish in that sense). But the dude's not backing down or apologising or any shit. He's sorry he got caught, he's not sorry he's an asshole.

I'm losing a bit of respect for the Penny Arcade guys here. Paul may be a piece of shit but being the bigger man seems like a better thing to do rather than dragging someone through the mud over the internet.

Nah, Paul had the power trip bullying the customers who had already paid for the products. He talked down to people, named dropped big names in an attempt to intimidate people. He threatened both customers and Penny Arcade. And it wasn't just something that happened in just the past few days, this is how he usually treats people. Penny Arcade exposed this internet thug so people wouldn't be treated poorly and be taken advantage of. I'm glad that Penny Arcade put this guy on blast. Crooks and bullies don't belong in customer service and this incident made sure this one wouldn't be working a job like that again.

cj_iwakura

I think there is a big difference between being sorry and being sorry you got caught. I have a real problem with bullies. I spent my childhood moving from school to school and I got made fun of everyplace I landed. I feel like Paul is a bully and maybe that.s why I have no sympathy here. Someday every bully meets and even bigger bully and maybe that.s me in this case. It.s the same thing that happened with Jack Thompson. It might not always make the most business sense and it is a policy that has caused us some legal problems, but I really don.t give a shit about that. When these assholes threaten me or Penny Arcade I just laugh. I will personally burn everything I.ve made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames.

Could not have said it better.

He's satisfied yes, but what did he actually "do" beyond simply reproduce the douchey things that the guy did? Outrage fail, sorry.

Bizazedo

Your mistake is you consider life sacred.

If Ender's Game taught me anything, it was that when you have your boot on your enemies neck, there's only one thing left to do.

Press down. Hard.

.............movie coming 2012! Get tickets now!

(Am I advertising right?)

Gomu Gomu

I read the PA entry before I went to bed. I thought that was it. Now I wake up, and all I have to say is: Holy shit
KuGsj.gif
. A+ to you, Internet.

You must have been popular in high school.

I wasn't popular in high school. What with my accent, my weight, and my obsession with animation, high school fucking sucked for me.

I don't think exposing somebody's assholishness and guiding the public towards a means of response is all that cruel.

I don't think he's revelling in it (though Gabe is pretty much doing that, those dudes can be pretty childish in that sense). But the dude's not backing down or apologising or any shit. He's sorry he got caught, he's not sorry he's an asshole.

If what he's saying about his wife and kids being harassed and his identity being fraudulently used is true, this has all gone too far. It's not his family's fault he's bad at his job, and he certainly doesn't deserve to have his name dragged through the mud any further than it has already.

Cruzader

Banned

Fuck Paul.
You know what's sadder? His "apology" letter sorta reads like the one he wrote to the guy he started shit with back in June or so. It reads very similar and I get the feeling he says the same shit to anyone he has to "apologize" to...so in reality it's not genuine at all. Not one bit.

Hope he burns all the way.

I wasn't popular in high school. What with my accent, my weight, and my obsession with animation, high school fucking sucked for me.

If what he's saying about his wife and kids being harassed and his identity being fraudulently used is true, this has all gone too far. It's not his family's fault he's bad at his job, and he certainly doesn't deserve to have his name dragged through the mud any further than it has already.

His own actions made him a public figure (in fact, he had already posted things like youtube videos linked in this thread where he threatens people, drops names, and threatens to take all of his grievances public). He doesn't get to then hide from the consequences of the behaviors that he himself initiated on multiple occasions.

If I go make a public spectacle of myself and my wife and kids are affected and embarrassed, guess who has the blame? Me, not the paper for reporting what I did, or a blogger for posting pics of my behavior or accounts of it.

Save your moral outrage for something deserving.

He's satisfied yes, but what did he actually "do" beyond simply reproduce the douchey things that the guy did? Outrage fail, sorry.

His own actions made him a public figure (in fact, he had already posted things like youtube videos linked in this thread where he threatens people, drops names, and threatens to take all of his grievances public). He doesn't get to then hide from the consequences of the behaviors that he himself initiated on multiple occasions.

If I go make a public spectacle of myself and my wife and kids are affected and embarrassed, guess who has the blame? Me, not the paper for reporting what I did, or a blogger for posting pics of my behavior or accounts of it.

Save your moral outrage for something deserving.

I think you're way more pumped about this than I am. I'm just a bit upset and surprised at Gabe's handling of this.

EDIT - shwoops, double post I had two tabs open. Those should be consolidated.

Top Bottom