• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny-Arcade: "Marketers of the Avenger Controller are thieves and liars".

mik83kuu

Banned
FYI: Paul giving a proper apology was not the highlight of today. All the Paul apologists getting proved wrong is the best thing that came out of this podcast.

ElRenoRaven

Aw. He's offered to help out the Child's Play charity. So sweet. Even though Gabe is a big bully, he's willing to help out with anything to help his charity. Sniff Sniff

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
"I won't sue because I don't need the money, I have plenty of money, I could drop $20k on a lawyer tomorrow"

"I can't donate to charity because I don't have much money, I mean, I just have enough money to live and get by"

ElRenoRaven

"I won't sue because I don't need the money, I have plenty of money, I could drop $20k on a lawyer tomorrow"

"I can't donate to charity because I don't have much money, I mean, I just have enough money to live and get by"

Wait wait. Both can't be right? Which is is Paul? One's a lie. Which is it?

Incoming meme?

I'm suing for 5 million dollars

It's a metaphor

Sully-150x150.jpg

Metaphors ain't gonna pay yer bills kid.

ElRenoRaven

Neither. He time-shares between two dimensions.

He's a wizard. O_O

ROFLMAO. He actually is showing decency here by speaking up for the guys that make the attachment and asking people not to blame them for his actions. I'll give him that much. This is the first real time he's shown a thought for someone else.

He lost a friend in Kotkin. Kotkin won't even talk to him anymore and they were friends.

ROFLMAO. He actually is showing decency here by speaking up for the guys that make the attachment and asking people not to blame them for his actions. I'll give him that much. This is the first real time he's shown a thought for someone else.
s'called guilt. he has to live with it, just as we have to live with the fact WE MADE HIM A BIT DEPRESSED.

He lost a friend in Kotkin. Kotkin won't even talk to him anymore and they were friends.
He's dumb, but he's not pure evil. At least he does a few things right.

To be honest I appreciate and respect the apology...he really got preeeeetty damn close to a real apology enough times that I think we can give the point...and I respect the way he's closing out his relationship with the Avenger guys...but at this point I'm just not that invested in the outrage anymore. I'm in it for the circus.

Fortunately, he delivered on that front, too.

Phreaker

Well if he responded to my customers that way I'd fire him and not be friendly with him right now too. It was admirable of him to speak up for the company and say they don't deserve crap because of what he did.

ElRenoRaven

To be honest I appreciate and respect the apology...he really got preeeeetty damn close to a real apology enough times that I think we can give the point...and I respect the way he's closing out his relationship with the Avenger guys...but at this point I'm just not that invested in the outrage anymore. I'm in it for the circus.

Fortunately, he delivered on that front, too.

Yup same here. I can say if he had showed the humility he showed right there he wouldn't have been in near the shithole he's in now.

that controller add on is totally pimp. it makes him awesome at madden.

although he has no achievements in 2012... but i'm sure that's just because he's a bit depressed.

hey, this horse is dead? fucking horse. dying.

*kicks the shit out of the horse*

ElRenoRaven

Ok their chat is going over a line there. Oh it's been one big circle jerk the whole hour. That's just being rude. I think they did hit him with some tough questions. Granted those questions came from their chat but they did hit him with some tough ones.

Zomba13

Well he might have been a douche and a twat etc but it seems like he is learning why what he did was wrong and does seem sorry for what he did. He goes back sometimes to blaming Mike for all this (which really he should blame Dave if any for emailing the chain to everyone) but yeah. He seems sorry and he's actually promoting the controller addon and company even though he doesn't need to so that's nice.

ElRenoRaven

Well he might have been a douche and a twat etc but it seems like he is learning why what he did was wrong and does seem sorry for what he did. He goes back sometimes to blaming Mike for all this (which really he should blame Dave if any for emailing the chain to everyone) but yeah. He seems sorry and he's actually promoting the controller addon and company even though he doesn't need to so that's nice.

Yup. I think he has finally earned a break. I really do think attacks should stop now. He's a douchebag still but he did finally show a very very slim shred of humanity and sorrow finally.

I think he's actually trying to sincerely apologize at this point. He's just never had to do it before and he isn't very bright, so it's easy for him to get sidetracked and start pointing fingers again.

Live interview?

Is there a link, and can I get a recap?

he's very sorry, but only because the internet fucked him. he hasn't called the police about any threats. he hasn't sued penny arcade but if he knew he'd get 5 million dollars he would. he knows html AND html 5. his gamertag is theangrydude and he wants you to send him a message. he wishes he hadn't fucked up the rep of a great product. he won't do it again.

but only because Mike schooled him.

I think he's actually trying to sincerely apologize at this point. He's just never had to do it before and he isn't very bright, so it's easy for him to get sidetracked and start pointing fingers again.
i think he's genuinely sorry, but i think it's only because the internet MADE him genuinely sorry.

ElRenoRaven

Oh now show host is getting on all of us for not jumping all over Bobby Kotick for destroying infinity ward while we jumped all over Paul. And they're now defending Paul. smh

ElRenoRaven

Oh so now they've read 500 lines about how this guy should be brought out and killed. Yea. Won't be listening to these goofs again.

Top Bottom