• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

But what happened? They could've done great. The pre release movies had me salivating at the thought of the story mode.

Especially the one with Chun Li and Captain America goddamn.

Capcom loves rushing games. I love them, but everybody knows that. I can't remember what the last fully polished game they released was. DMC4?

Setre

I have no idea where that thread is now, and it was a bit offtopic anyhow. >_>;

Alright, thanks anyway.

Back on topic, I haven’t really been paying attention to Arena but I plan to play it mostly for the story. If I decided to go deeper which of the characters are the fastest? I tend to gravitate towards them more than others.

Infinite

Alright, thanks anyway.

Back on topic, I haven’t really been paying attention to Arena but I plan to play it mostly for the story. If I decided to go deeper which of the characters are the fastest? I tend to gravitate towards them more than others.

Youske.

Alright, thanks anyway.

Yosuke is the fastest character in the game and he has a Super that temporarily makes him even faster.

Edit: Beaten

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I wish I could stop watching these videos. I've already spoiled the game's story enough for me...but ugh, I want the game so much >_< Not out soon enough.

Hah, I watched the first like, 20 seconds of Chie's story and then stopped, I don't want anything spoiled!

vocab

In terms of pure execution though, if you can play sf3 you should be able to play anything. SF4 combos are easy as hell compared to SF3.

I actually think sfiv combos (mainly the 1 frame/non practical combos) are way harder than third strike. Urien's combos are fucking rough though. I can't charge that precise, and I learned fighting games on charge characters.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
In terms of pure execution though, if you can play sf3 you should be able to play anything. SF4 combos are easy as hell compared to SF3.

SF3 doesn't rely on short cuts or anything of that nature but the combos are for the most part straightforward. SF4 is easy to pick up and play with shortcuts and easy reversals but the high level combos are above anything in SF3.

BadWolf

Capcom loves rushing games. I love them, but everybody knows that. I can't remember what the last fully polished game they released was. DMC4?

Sorry but how is DMC4 well polished when the second half of the game is literally the first half completely recycled?

I need to spoil myself on Akihiko, Mitsuru and Aigis storylines. I just can't wait. Hope this somehow branches into a 3-years later P3 sequel.

I've been spoiling myself a little on the story tonight, and oh man, it's not necessarily P3 related, but the things it could lead to/imply...

Yuripaw

Banned
I've been spoiling myself a little on the story tonight, and oh man, it's not necessarily P3 related, but the things it could lead to/imply...

Have you just been reading stuff or have you seen videos? Cuz I actually wanted to spoil myself on some of theirs too, but I couldn't find anything on youtube.

4Csq1.jpg

I was almost fooled. Almost.

P2 Cast is too OP for Arena.

Stark

Banned
Have you just been reading stuff or have you seen videos? Cuz I actually wanted to spoil myself on some of theirs too, but I couldn't find anything on youtube.

Personally, I read the stuff on gamefaqs boards in the spoiler thread. Has some insightful posts there. Haven't seen anything on youtube though.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
From what I've seen, I like Labrys' style way more than Shabrys'.

But Shabrys's voice is oh so sexy. D:

Her persona is such a huge target though, even more so considering a lot of the moves have massive windup.

Btw I need to add you to PSN! Doing that now to all the names I see out there since got my account open.

Tizoc

SF3's damage scaling is weird; super canceling a special into a super will scale more than Normalxxsuper.

...but back to this, I really like the damage combos do in P4A~

RS4-

SF3's damage scaling is weird; super canceling a special into a super will scale more than Normalxxsuper.

...but back to this, I really like the damage combos do in P4A~

I never had a problem with this.

Did put in 4-5 hours of this offline with a few people, pretty good. Still takes some getting used to.

From everything I've seen, the P3 characters steal the show for me. They just look badass. But I need to know, do they use Evokers in the game?!

B00TE

From everything I've seen, the P3 characters steal the show for me. They just look badass. But I need to know, do they use Evokers in the game?!

I can say with certainty Akihiko does. But I haven't seen any of the others played as often in the matches I've watched so far, but I imagine they do.

Top Bottom