• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Shito

Btw, how do you unlock more title options?
By playing online and ranking up, I suppose? (haven't played much online yet, I need to spend a lot of time in training first... ^^)

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Thats probably a good thing considering how much ass she can kick seeing what the AI does on hard. D:

So one thing I love about blazblue and guilty gear was the music. How's the music in this game? Everything I heard from videos sounds pretty lame.....Can we still select tracks to play during versus matches?

So one thing I love about blazblue and guilty gear was the music. How's the music in this game? Everything I heard from videos sounds pretty lame.....Can we still select tracks to play during versus matches?

Yeah you can select various tracks per play - aside from Meguro's new P4A music there are several P3 and P4 tracks that can be used for fights. In our local scene, I imagine the damn P3 Babybabybaby fight theme being used full on.

Yeah you can select various tracks per play - aside from Meguro's new P4A music there are several P3 and P4 tracks that can be used for fights. In our local scene, I imagine the damn P3 Babybabybaby fight theme being used full on.

I'm going to try and set that song to play during all my tournament matches at Summer Jam.

MIND GAMES

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I heard it gets played with P3 Mirror matches.

Oh yeah, dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun BABY BABY.

(I used to have that as my ring tone. :3 )

cj_iwakura

Which ones!? Your Affection? Heartbeat, Heartbreak!? HEAVEN?! HYPE!
(More like anti, but who cares.)

I added every single PS3 user on the first page, damn, lot of Chies!

I heard it gets played with P3 Mirror matches.

Oh yeah, dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun BABY BABY.

(I used to have that as my ring tone. :3 )

I'm going to try and set that song to play during all my tournament matches at Summer Jam.

MIND GAMES

I wish we could have Iwatodai Dorm music playing up in this shit - my favorite part of the song is when he says, "Hey you on the bike wit da burnin' lasagne! Lit up off cat wig, come on girl lemme rock your world!" That's probably not what he said, but it sounds so stupid it's pretty rad.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I added every single PS3 user on the first page, damn, lot of Chies!

That's because we all know Chie is the bestest!

I wish we could have Iwatodai Dorm music playing up in this shit - my favorite part of the song is when he says, "Hey you on the bike wit da burnin' lasagne! Lit up off cat wig, come on girl lemme rock your world!" That's probably not what he said, but it sounds so stupid it's pretty rad.

my current ring tone :3

I've always heard people say it's "Fill your body with a burning lasagna."

Speaking of, that actually sounds good, think I'll grab that for dinner later. Provided it's still not raining. Don't want to walk back to work with cold, wet lasagna.

Astral

One music in the game that I totally dig is the remixed velvet room theme that you can hear playing. That track is shit hot! Though Im starting to think is that its an older track reused. Couldnt find a vid of it the music.

Elizabeths theme is pretty awesome tho.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Gs_4EPBNY&list=PL56D097FB27BDA557&index=18&feature=plpp_video

That's Electronica in the Velvet Room. Elizabeth's is just the final battle theme for P3, but that theme is awesome so it doesn't matter.

dokish

Banned
Damn, the anime is sooo funny.
Shame that is kinda ruined the game, right?. Will I have any fun playing the game, knowing everything?

Can't stop watching tho... Every episode granted me so much laughs.

Parakeetman

Shame that is kinda ruined the game, right?. Will I have any fun playing the game, knowing everything?

The anime leaves out a lot of little things, since its basically a compressed version of the game itself. If you want the full experience then am sure you will enjoy the game. If you dont care about that then there is no real reason to play.

The game goes more in depth with the social links and character development.

Parakeetman

So one thing I love about blazblue and guilty gear was the music. How's the music in this game? Everything I heard from videos sounds pretty lame.....

The thing is with this game the music included if for Persona Fans. Which is why for those who are not familiar with these tunes might not jive with them.

dokish

Banned
I didn't decide on which version I will pick up because I'm still looking for fightning stick.

Someone is selling the Hori Stick 3 for the PS3. Is it any good? This is my first time buying an arcade stick and I intend to buy other games if its really good.

Or should I look for some 360 sticks?

I don't have any preferences, I will pick up just the cheapest that I can find.

Parakeetman

I didn't decide on which version I will pick up because I'm still looking for fightning stick.

Someone is selling the Hori Stick 3 for the PS3. Is it any good? This is my first time buying an arcade stick and I intend to buy other games if its really good.

Or should I look for some 360 sticks?

Which system do you play on more / have more friends on? Since Id say make the decision based off of that.

Id have to say almost all Hori products are good. In the US Madcatz has really stepped up their game also. When I was visiting home again tried out my friends Madcatz SFIV Tournament Edition Fight Stick and it was pretty damned good IMHO. If you are going to get a stick its better to invest in a good one, that way you got something that will last. Budget willing of course.

dokish

Banned
Which system do you play on more / have more friends on? Since Id say make the decision based off of that.

Id have to say almost all Hori products are good. In the US Madcatz has really stepped up their game also. When I was visiting home again tried out my friends Madcatz SFIV Tournament Edition Fight Stick and it was pretty damned good IMHO. If you are going to get a stick its better to invest in a good one, that way you got something that will last. Budget willing of course.

Thanks.

I honestly like to play more on the 360. And I have Soul Calibur IV that I never really played it (deeply) because I was longing for an arcade stick.

I think I will spend more time searching, then.

I live outside of the US so this kind of accessory here is very expensive.

Parakeetman

Thanks.

I honestly like to play more on the 360. And I have Soul Calibur IV that I never really played it (deeply) because I was longing for an arcade stick.

I think I will spend more time searching, then.

I live outside of the US so this kind of accessory here is very expensive.

Ah ok yeah if you live outside the US I can understand why you would like to find a more reasonable solution due to shipping costs and what not.

Im sure the veteran fighting game stick folks here will be more than happy to offer advice on reasonable solutions. :)

B00TE

Usually I hate mirror matches, but some of the Yu mirror matches I've been seeing have been pretty awesome.

Parakeetman

Btw dokish, you might want to subscribe to this thread. Its a thread bout arcade sticks, so might want to ask the question in there. If not the OP who started the thread MarkMan could try asking him directly if he has any suggestions, since it looks like hes one of the resident stick gurus here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=483428

Onemic

Parakeetman

ugh, I can't use charge characters for the life of me. Their play style in general seems a lot more defensive/wait and see than I'd like. But watching Mitsuru videos she doesn't really seem that way. I'll probably still give her a try, I'm still bummed shes a charger though.

Im terrible with them also, but yeah with the way she seems to play in vids you really cant tell that she is one. Know exactly what you mean.

ugh, I can't use charge characters for the life of me. Their play style in general seems a lot more defensive/wait and see than I'd like. But watching Mitsuru videos she doesn't really seem that way. I'll probably still give her a try, I'm still bummed shes a charger though.
I don't think I've ever used a charge character extensively in an ASW game before. You shouldn't knock it until you try one of theirs.

Charge characters can vary immensely in their playstyles depending on the team in charge. If you've watched Skullgirls then you would know just how wild Parasoul can be when used an aggresive manner. Maybe Mitsuru has more styles than just being defensive.

Onemic

I don't think I've ever used a charge character extensively in an ASW game before. You shouldn't knock it until you try one of theirs.

Charge characters can vary immensely in their playstyles depending on the team in charge. If you've watched Skullgirls then you would know just how wild Parasoul can be when used an aggresive manner. Maybe Mitsuru has more styles than just being defensive.

I hope so, she's one of the few characters whose design I really dig.

brettreyu

Changing my set up to PS3. The majority of people seem to be playing on there (not just here) and I found a brand new MadCatz TE Round 2 for PS3 for 50 bucks at a yard sale today. Can't make that shit up.

Same information but my PSN ID is MrBrett206

Zuly

100 hrs on Photoshop

TG9kv.gif

Sophia

The more I see of Labrys in gameplay and story, the more she's quickly becoming my favorite character.

That model is AWESOME.

Top Bottom