• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Onemic

Am sure you might have already seen this before, but if not watch her combo video. Since it shows the correct button inputs also, which will give you an idea of what your base to work off of will be like for combos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0EB2BFeGJ4

Ya, looking at that and P3U videos she's seems like a rushdown character that just happens to have charge moves. Guess I gotta learn how to use charge moves properly now :(

So looks like my selections are down to Mitsuru, Yu, Akihiko, Yosuke, Aigis,and Labrys/Shadow Labrys

Sophia

Are the instant kill moves actually viable in this game?

They look pretty viable, more so then Blazblue. I've seen a few videos where an instant kill has won a losing match for a player. You simply have to be on the last round and have to have the required super to pull it off.

Infinite

Ya, looking at that and P3U videos she's seems like a rushdown character that just happens to have charge moves. Guess I gotta learn how to use charge moves properly now :(

So looks like my selections are down to Mitsuru, Yu, Akihiko, Yosuke, Aigis,and Labrys/Shadow Labrys

You should look up charge buffering inputs. You can read this thread to start

Man, I get more and more excited for this game. I'm a Yukiko guy through and through
I would play her regardless of her playstyle bacause of my EXTREME bias
, but I can't wait to dig my teeth into Labrys either. She looks like so much fun and menacing with dat Ax. Can't wait to level that bad boy up to red and go hard on some Chie's online.

Snakeyes

They look pretty viable, more so then Blazblue. I've seen a few videos where an instant kill has won a losing match for a player. You simply have to be on the last round and have to have the required super to pull it off.

That's pretty interesting. Wonder what kind of dynamics it'll bring to the metagame, especially if the outcome of a high-level match could be swayed by one of those.

Which character was it?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Another.

Good.

SOLD

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
That's pretty interesting. Wonder what kind of dynamics it'll bring to the metagame, especially if the outcome of a high-level match could be swayed by one of those.

Which character was it?

I plan to scrub out a ton of wins on ranked day 1 with Naoto's IK

Sophia

Which character was it?

I've seen instant kills with both Naoto (Fate counter to zero) and Aigis (traditional ASW instant win)

Paging cj to explain the significance of this to me!

In the original SNES version of Shin Megami Tensei, it was an error that popped up if you reset the game too much or triggered the anti-piracy warning. The message basically says "TURN OFF IMMEDIATELY."

The same message is being repeated in the screenshot, hilariously. XD

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Looks like alot of fun, but seems like alot of work to get the kill that way. Could be fun experimenting with ways to get the counter down while comboing into the IK

Well the trick I can see and the smart thing to do would to just play like normal, and get it down to zero in the first round. When the second round comes around the counter doesnt fully reset it just goes to 7 instead of 13. So on the second round you should go for the instant kill

Well the trick I can see and the smart thing to do would to just play like normal, and get it down to zero in the first round. When the second round comes around the counter doesnt fully reset it just goes to 7 instead of 13. So on the second round you should go for the instant kill

Oh hell, I forgot it worked that way. Naoto could wind up being a Rachel-esque troll character for me, then. So gratifying to play as, but the most infuriating character to play against.

I'm gonna start a notebook for this business

I've seen instant kills with both Naoto (Fate counter to zero) and Aigis (traditional ASW instant win)

In the original SNES version of Shin Megami Tensei, it was an error that popped up if you reset the game too much or triggered the anti-piracy warning. The message basically says "TURN OFF IMMEDIATELY."

The same message is being repeated in the screenshot, hilariously. XD

Ruh roh! Looks like we'll have to meet at Junes to solve this mystery :p

I'm so hyped for this game I can barely contain it!

Planning on playing on PS3: TomcatTheLion

Not 100% sure until I actually play but my main/sub for now are: Mitsuru and Labrys.

cj_iwakura

So just what songs are included in the selectable BGM category? So much potential from that.

I'd love for Master of Shadows from P3, The Almighty and Fog from P4, and... well, is Battle For Survival(DDS2) hoping for too much? That'd be amazing.

Sophia

The Almighty is in, I've seen it in story mode videos at least.

Fog/Mist is used as the theme when you preform an instant kill on an opponent, I dunno if it can be selected normally.

So just what songs are included in the selectable BGM category? So much potential from that.

I'd love for Master of Shadows from P3, The Almighty and Fog from P4, and... well, is Battle For Survival(DDS2) hoping for too much? That'd be amazing.

To my knowledge there are no non Persona tracks in the game, and most of them you already know or were just mentioned to you. Mass Destruction for P3 mirror matches is rad though, and it's great to have Heartful Cry and the Battle For Everyones Souls in it.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Been playing this online for last few days and am wondering if they should rename the game to "Yu Fighter Arena 4" since he gets picked 90% of the time. Second seems to be Labrys (spam those normals!) and really...that's about it. Was thrilled to do some player matches against a guy who picked a bunch of the rest of the cast like I did! I have yet to fight against anyone using Yuki and played against only one Yosuke player so far.

I'm definitely maining Teddie though. Been doing well with him and ranked up to C class already. (The ranking system goes F-, F, F+, D-, D, D+, C-, etc.) Teddie's Persona projectiles come out in a random pattern, but they still really help with zoning or getting certain set-ups off for big damage. Some of the other characters just don't have the reach or lack projectiles and I think it may make things harder for them, although with that said I seem to be the only one using the dash ability that goes through projectiles on the ground (everyone has it), LOL.

The more I play this game, the more I think it may be Arc's most-accessible fighter yet- Hokuto No Ken and Basara X felt similar to me in this regard, but P4 Arena doesn't seem to have the problems those games did. There's also way, way too players just spamming the auto-combo attack and doing nothing else. It doesn't work unless you're Mitsuru, lol. :p

Mitsuru's DP looks so annoying. Looks like it's gonna be the new INFERNO DIVIDER in terms of spam.

That move takes away a bit of Mitsuru's lifebar every time it's used- if anyone is stupid enough to spam it like crazy, they're just going to make it even easier form them to lose. :p

Hex

Banned
Slightly OT but could anyone suggest a could place to pick up Persona figures?
Play-asia?
Ebay is expensive as hell

kewlmyc

Been playing this online for last few days and am wondering if they should rename the game to "Yu Fighter Arena 4" since he gets picked 90% of the time.
He's the main character and the game hasn't been out long. Of course everyone's gonna pick him. Most fighting games have people picking the main character the first few weeks until they get a feel for the game.

Top Bottom