• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

atlusprime

Atlus PR
He just got off a bad flight or something like that.

https://twitter.com/JohnLHardin/status/496630181982142464

I time travelled 2 hours into the future. To bring toys.
xZg6y3v.jpg

interesting side effect: I've been interjecting the lyrics to Boys in the Hood to every song I hear. They are surprisingly malleable. Or at least that's what my brain says.

Levito

Banned
This is going to sound random, but I wish I could talk to the folks at Arc System Works about Akihiko's fighting stage/style. His design, in particular his animations are very similar to the fighting style of martial artist named Wanderlei Silva that was really popular in Japan in the early to mid 2000's.

It's like how the P-1 Grand Prix in Arena seems like a tip of the cap to the K-1 Grand Prix, K-1 being a really popular kickboxing organization in Japan. The opening to Arena with all the characters standing on the stage with the pyrotechnics going off looks exactly like one of the old Pride Grand Prix openings.

Pardon my random martial arts injection.

Mdesilva

Huh, I wonder if him and his theme being called "The Wandering Wolf" are a reference to Wanderlei. It's a little far-fetched but it's possible.

Pretty glad to hear this morning that Margaret got confirmed. I really can't wait to test her out in the game at some point

damn I'm saying that about a lot of characters lol.
crazytank please

Hey man, he wanted to post it, I ain't stopping him (´・ω・)

That's the sign of a good cast.

It really is. Most fighters when new characters get added I usually just want to try out two or so, but almost every one of them here is interesting enough for me to try them out.

I just really need this game already, still hoping for September in the US.

It really is. Most fighters when new characters get added I usually just want to try out two or so, but almost every one of them here is interesting enough for me to try them out.

I just really need this game already, still hoping for September in the US.

Yeah, each character looks so unique that you can't help but want to try them out. I even want to try out Ken&Koro, and I don't usually like puppet characters (I'm looking at you, Carl Clover).

This game is going to be my game of the year, I'm sure. Exciting, isn't it?

Rhapsody

Banned
Perhaps, but, in retrospect, 9 new characters isn't incredibly exceptional. P4AU obviously has a bigger budget than BBCP, with a potentially larger development staff considering the studio collaboration, and that game initially had 7 new characters (ignoring the upcoming update).
I dunno about "obviously" having a bigger budget. I wouldn't way a new character from each game is exactly 1 to 1 in terms of budget.

FluxWaveZ

I dunno about "obviously" having a bigger budget. I wouldn't way a new character from each game is exactly 1 to 1 in terms of budget.

I wasn't merely talking about characters. I was incorporating marketing budget as well as other development factors such as the apparently significant increase in anime cutscenes as well as overall production values. When a game is projected to sell far more than the other, it usually makes sense that the game that will sell more will have a larger budget.

A-Azrael?!
I didn't know that Azrael from BlazBlue got that nickname. lol

It seems Wanderlei really is popular in Japan.

If we are excited with this P3/P4 roster, just imagine how awesome would be a fighting game with all the characters from every Persona game.

I still feel that Margaret doesn't fit the role of a last revealed character. Like she's great by all means is just that she just doesn't carry that influence or hype-inducing feel as a last character.

FluxWaveZ

I still feel that Margaret doesn't fit the role of a last revealed character. Like she's great by all means is just that she just doesn't carry that influence or hype-inducing feel as a last character.

There's that. Marie and Margaret's reveals could have been reversed for what I think would be a bigger impact for a "one more thing", but Margaret with three Personas and a potentially crucial role in the story is pretty hype, too.

I still think the "last" character is going to be
Malevolent Entity/Nyarlathotep.
If I say it enough times, it's bound to be true, right? #BELIEVE

abrack08

Just watched the epilogue on youtube. There's no date shown in the top right and the time is only defined as 'Summer Vacation'. So who knows?

It does show the calendar as the date skips ahead to the epilogue. The screen fades to black before landing on a date, but it very clearly gets to August and is still moving forward. So I'd say it's mid to late August, maybe even September. Probably near the end of their summer break

Setsu00

This is going to sound random, but I wish I could talk to the folks at Arc System Works about Akihiko's fighting stage/style. His design, in particular his animations are very similar to the fighting style of martial artist named Wanderlei Silva that was really popular in Japan in the early to mid 2000's.

It's like how the P-1 Grand Prix in Arena seems like a tip of the cap to the K-1 Grand Prix, K-1 being a really popular kickboxing organization in Japan. The opening to Arena with all the characters standing on the stage with the pyrotechnics going off looks exactly like one of the old Pride Grand Prix openings.

Wow. I mean, I knew that these shows existed and that the P-1 Grand Prix might be a parody of them, but I never watched them. The resemblance is uncanny.

Levito

Banned
Wow. I mean, I knew that these shows existed and that the P-1 Grand Prix might be a parody of them, but I never watched them. The resemblance is uncanny.

Oops I made a mistake in that last post, meant to link to Arena's opening. heh

Here's Arena's opening , which looks a lot like the Pride Grand Prix 2005 opening(skip to 2:30 mark if the link doesn't) in particular. (talking specifically when the P4 crew is on stage in the arena)

kewlmyc

'Inferior attempt' seems wrong, when both were composed by Meguro. It's just a different (and in some ways better) arrangement.
I was trying to think of a good short sentence that would be easy to type with one hand :p

Attempt isn't really a good word for what I was trying to say, but he was trying to recreate what he did in Battle for Everyone's Souls or that's what it seemed to me. It's a different feel however. I feel overall that it's a great song but Battle is better.

LX_Theo

Banned

The more likely explanation is that they're revealing them in the order they'll be released. [Redacted] day one or early, Marie at some point before the English release comes out, and Margaret after that.

Theories like it not creating enough hype really need to consider there are other possibilities for the order they are revealing them. It feels as though people are getting their hopes up TOO much.

FluxWaveZ

The more likely explanation is that they're revealing them in the order they'll be released. [Redacted] day one or early, Marie at some point before the English release comes out, and Margaret after that.

This is true too, potentially related to the order of how far they were in development proportional to when they will be released.

FluxWaveZ

Alright, here's the clearest indication I can think of concerning whether or not there's a last character: the P4U2 Twitter icon page.

Once Margaret is added to that page along with her title, the two remaining blank spots will be filled, leaving no room for any other. Unless a potential last character was only added to the "Twitter Icon #02" page for some reason or the first one expanded, this is an indication that there will be no more characters.

I don't think that means anything. The mobile site only has one more 'slot' to fill.

Oh, that's right. Suddenly, the indication isn't as clear, though I would consider the normal site to be more representative than the mobile one.

FluxWaveZ

Her theme should be some velvet music remixed.

It could be the theme played at the end of Elizabeth's trailer.

Edit: I don't understand why the rows and columns have to line up perfectly either... They would have to balance the layout on the character page, normal Twitter page, Shadow Twitter page, P4AU's character select screen, P4AU's network avatar select screen, etc. I doubt there was that much thought into it.

They don't; it's only a potential indication, like I said.

Wow! thanks for mentioning this.

Mdesilva

Man, while it's been this way since the game came out, I'm still so glad that Battle for Everyone's Souls is the hype song in P4A and is almost always used in GFs of tournaments.

I hope Light the Fire Up in the Night is a DLC song, because the prospect of amazing comebacks occurring during the chorus makes me so hyped.

Top Bottom