• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Sigh so today's announcement was Margaret uh. Probably not gonna see anything else until the game drops now. There go our chances of seeing Makoto
I STILL BELIEVE GODDAMNIT, REVIVE THE HECK OUT OF HIM AND MAKE MILLIONS ATLUS FFS
. Sorry... had to get that out. LOL.

This is a fighting game, not Twitter. Character limits aren't a thing.

esoterika

Neo Member
Hey everyone! I put together another piano arrangement of Persona music. This time I did a medley of the Persona 4 Golden tracks "Memory", "Time To Make History", and "Snowflakes". I also did a new thing where you can follow the sheet music as it plays. I hope you enjoy it! This was fun to make... Snowflakes is especially well written by Meguro.

Persona 4 Golden ~Medley for Piano

This is a fighting game, not Twitter. Character limits aren't a thing.

Eh good one. I doubt they'll bring him back though.

Episode [Redacted] can only be played when you complete the P4 episode, right? It seems pretty interesting.

Also obvious but I just realized Ken's the one who ended up taking care of Koro after the team left the dorm.

And yeah you are right. I actually would be pretty interested in knowing what happened to the whole P3 crew, how they split up and left Ken behind (him being the youngest and all). Maybe they will touch up on that in P4AU.

Levito

Banned
Hey everyone! I put together another piano arrangement of Persona music. This time I did a medley of the Persona 4 Golden tracks "Memory", "Time To Make History", and "Snowflakes". I also did a new thing where you can follow the sheet music as it plays. I hope you enjoy it! This was fun to make... Snowflakes is especially well written by Meguro.

That was beautiful, I think it's probably one of your best tracks to boot too. Awesome work dude.

EDIT: Good lord the climax of the track is OUTSTANDING

Fantastic work friend. Lot's of respect to those who can play piano, it's not an easy thing to do well.

Dantis

Absolutely tremendous work! Man, I really like this one.

I'd love to see an Arena medley, with songs like Best Friends and Spirited Girl in it.

Sophia

Holy shit this is amazing. Well done. Especially "Time To Make History."

Mdesilva

I'm sure Madge will have a sexy/provocative quote for when she beats Yu.

Or everyone.
While it's great that she's in, how do you feel knowing she'll have a different voice actor than you're used to (and one that isn't very good in my, and many others' opinion)?

Excellent news!
Maybe we get to put Takaya down properly this time!
(P3 and P4 spoilers)
Adachi and Takaya team up. #believe
Episode P3's new there too: "A man who left some painful scars with them..." and "Is that certain someone really back!?"

Maybe we'll get a new trailer tomorrow.
wait how did I missed reading this
P3 spoilers
I suppose the first line is about Ikutsuki right? Since he seems related to Sho's bad puns nature.

arue

This is beautiful and I admire your piano skill. I wish I could play the piano :(

Episode P3's new there too: "A man who left some painful scars with them..." and "Is that certain someone really back!?"

Maybe we'll get a new trailer tomorrow.

(P3 spoilers)
Ikutsuki right?
I just noticed that Episode P3 is going to be similar to Episode P4 in terms of
returning villains.

Yep.

I think both parts refer to the same person.
Oh, you're right. Since it said "certain someone" I thought it was talking about
P3MC
, but now I see it's referring to the same man from the first line.

And wow, I never realized the
moon motif, hacking and crucified P3 cast connection.
. It makes a lot of sense now.
Since it's not looking life Marie and Margaret will not have their own DLC chapters, I guess they're not going to be playable in campaign?
That's kinda weird since in her trailer she has that line of "If you harm my friends and city, I won't hold back", but now I suppose it's a victory quote.

FluxWaveZ

So we know we get REDACTED for free on the first week but...do we get it's story mode with it?

Someone could ask atlusprime about it.

Now that I think about it, perhaps the
"foolish human" referred to in P4A was actually Ikutsuki. The "Eerie Voice" could be either Sho or Ikutsuki.
(P3 and P4A spoilers) Still, this means that the ME's a pretty cool dude if he's actually the one behind it all, manipulating everyone, including major P3 and P4 villains who were the manipulators themselves, in their hayday.

Squire

Banned
While it's great that she's in, how do you feel knowing she'll have a different voice actor than you're used to (and one that isn't very good in my, and many others' opinion)?

Well first off I think it's pretty early to decide she isn't good, but do what you (and others) do.

I think she sounds fine and I'm fine with the change. I'm already familiar with the actress from a we series she did a while back, too.

Style

Banned
Ok thanks guys

I think what I'll do is buy Persona 2 IS and see if I like it. If I end up finishing it and wanting more I'll get EP.

iHQ0GOIn7QLyY.gif

B-but what about beating the Elite Four...

Sophia

Everyone.

Crab walking.

Crab.

Frickin.

Walking.

OMFG!

I may or may not be playing the original Persona on the Vita. Don't mind me.

Gazoinks

Everyone.

Crab walking.

Crab.

Frickin.

Walking.

OMFG!

I may or may not be playing the original Persona on the Vita. Don't mind me.

I don't have time to find the comic so I'll just say CRAB WALKING AT MAXIMUM SPEED.

It is pretty great yes. :D

Xenoflare

There is an empty slot in the story episode list.

Could it be Elizabeth?

Speaking of her, I really hope that she's buffed for this game, in the original I couldn't find a good use for a lot of her skills, guess I just suck. I know that she will get an awakening buff with her skills (and making Maragidyne finally fast enough for anything useful) plus a negative penalty inflicting skill.

But with all these new characters added, I feel like she's still going to be her own shit tier :'(

Funnily enough, she's the only character I can mount any sort of offence with. There is no better feeling than tricking your opponent into triggering her Megidolaon.

Xenoflare

Also I've been thinking....

Since we have punny Sho, a character that fights without a Persona with a layout akin to Blazblue, wouldn't it be cool if we have Dojima to fight without one as well?Since having Nanako as a Persona is just too outrageous (and already refused by atlus)

HUH? HUH?

The chance of this happening is lower than P3 protag returning.

Finalow

so if IS is part 1 does that mean that the story will be incomplete if I only play that one? Do I need to play EP to see a conclusion or is it just that they tie together in some obscure way
you have to play both and get the best persona experience into your veins.

Caladrius

^ They have no taste in regal women.

I disagree

Dojima could shoot those motherfuckers square in the face.

Thinking about it, I'm pretty surprised they revealed the DLC characters in the order they did. They went from super cool [ReDaCtEd] to boring ol' Margaret.

Well Game sales are front loaded, so they may as well bring the most requested character first to encourage people to buy the game now.

FluxWaveZ

I disagree

Dojima could shoot those motherfuckers square in the face.

He is consistently the dumbest suggestion I have seen for a fighter next to Funky Student or the Fox (realizing that some people are actually being serious about these). Some act like this is Super Smash Bros. or PlayStation All-Stars.

FluxWaveZ

[Redacted] could have been announced when they were for DLC promotional purposes, given that they have their own dedicated story episode, plus possibly for PSC promotion since they scheduled the character's voice actor as a guest. Plus, the character might be the most crucial in terms of story relevance and possibly the DLC character which had been nearing completion before the others.

If it was just about the hype factor the character in question would bring, [Redacted] would have probably been kept for last, but there are a few other things to consider.

PK Gaming

Dojima was cognizant of a ton of circumstantial evidence that proved the involvement of supernatural forces in the serial killings. His response to all that? "Lol no, that ain't real."

Fuck him.

Mdesilva

He is consistently the dumbest suggestion I have seen for a fighter next to Funky Student or the Fox (realizing that some people are actually being serious about these). Some act like this is Super Smash Bros. or PlayStation All-Stars.
You can play as Phoenix Wright in UMvC3. Celica's in Blazblue, Rise's in this. They don't have to normally fight for this to make sense.

Top Bottom