• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

PK Gaming

Hehe, I'd go with glorious Empress myself. Talkin' more "tier" wise though. It pained me that Elizabeth was my fav P3 girl and Thanatos my favorite Persona, yet using her was really hard and the payoff wasn't really worth it compared to the entire rest of the cast.

Do we know her "zany" Title yet?

Supposedly it's The Sadistic Secretary of Herding Pretty Boys

I'm counting on the translators to come up with a better one, because i'm totally not feeling it!

Dantis

BuXzuENCYAAt9ST.jpg:large

jB7MR8H.gif

My hype is crushed until they acknowledge that P4D actually exists again.

Levito

Banned
All this talk of Satan is a kind reminder that SMT/Persona is very Black Metal. Hopefully corpse paint is a clothing option in Persona 5.

>You spent a long time howling at the moon with your waifu

My hype is crushed until they acknowledge that P4D actually exists again.

It's only been a couple months? We all good, schnookums.

Dantis

All this talk of Satan is a kind reminder that SMT/Persona is very Black Metal. Hopefully corpse paint is a clothing option in Persona 5.

>You spent a long time howling at the moon with your waifu

It's only been a couple months? We all good, schnookums.

We haven't seen or heard anything since November, as far as I can remember.

What if I don't want to acknowledge that P4D exists?

Unless your name is Katsura Hashino or Shigenori Soejima, I think my little heart can take it.

FluxWaveZ

so what videos are we expecting on Thursday? Just Mitsuru? Im guessing a Marg trailer will be released next week, with a coming soon icon being displayed tomorrow.

Updates are running to a close. That sounds about right.

August 7 = Mitsuru trailer, Margaret silhouette
August 14 = Margaret trailer
August 21 = P4AU TV spot?
August 27 = P4AU opening video

That's how I see it. The two remaining "???" tabs on the website might be filled in before release or they might not. At least, I do think Network Mode will be added to the mode tab before release.

We haven't seen or heard anything since November, as far as I can remember.

December (February if we want to be super granular), but yes.

Does anyone here have experience using the Persona Music Live blu-rays on a PAL PS3?
I hear they work even though they're region A. I know the dvds don't work so I watch them on my PC but the PS3 is my only BD player, I'd rather order the BD if it works on my PS3.

Xenoflare

She has five persona cards, so Shabrys and Liz are the only ones that have six.

A shame that her old English VA for Marge can't make it for this.

Oh well.

I think she just have different Pesonas mapped to her buttons, and hey her Personas are original Kaneko designs, which I find oddly exciting.

i thought the second namco was announced to be helping pac man was a shoe in(shoo in?)
It's Sho-in, amirite?
Maybe someone here can clear this up. Why is the P3MC in Persona Q but not in Persona 4 Arena 2. When does Persona Q take place if not after persona 4?
Persona Q takes places in the 20th of September of 2009 (P3) and the 30th of October of 2011 (P4). He isn't in P4A2 because they are probably saving him for last DLC or for the next game.
Theodore confirmed as navigator.

Edit: Or match narrator/announcer (which is possibly more likely, since Nanako is cited as well).
They aren't DLC like in PQ, right?
PS. For the record, I keep navs on and set to Rise. Seems the most natural one to be honest.
I only managed to unlock Teddie because I suck at the game. :(
Yoo, Margaret looks amazing to play as!

I wonder what Persona Theodore would use if he was playable.

Xenoflare

Thanatos, I would assume?

He might use Personas he used in the battle in Monad depth (where Fuuka called him a "she). Pick one (or three) from this list. Uriel, Gabriel, Michael, Raphael, Sandalphon, Lilith, Abaddon, and Beelzebub. Knowing how Marge got her's

He might use Personas he used in the battle in Monad depth (where Fuuka called him a "she). Pick one (or three) from this list. Uriel, Gabriel, Michael, Raphael, Sandalphon, Lilith, Abaddon, and Beelzebub. Knowing how Marge got her's

Abaddon or Beelzebub alone would be worth it.

Updates are running to a close. That sounds about right.

That's how I see it. The two remaining "???" tabs on the website might be filled in before release or they might not. At least, I do think Network Mode will be added to the mode tab before release.

Didn't someone figure out via the source code what the remaining tabs were?

Dantis

So did anyone read in the PQ interview with Kitajoh and Konishi where Kitajoh says that he feels his and Meguro's music is similar?

Because I'm listening to The Infinite right now and I think he is really fucking overselling himself.

So did anyone read in the PQ interview with Kitajoh and Konishi where Kitajoh says that he feels his and Meguro's music is similar?

Because I'm listening to The Infinite right now and I think he is really fucking overselling himself.

Was thinking the exact same thing earlier today though to be fair, saying that his style is similar doesn't necessarily mean he considers himself as good.

I did. And yeah, I agree with you. I also posted this after I read it:

That was an interesting interview. I find it funny that Konishi gives me this feeling of "I'm no match for Meguro nor Kitajoh", yet his songs are way better than Kitajoh's. I like both PQ and Arena soundtracks, but Kitajoh still has a lot to learn. His songs sound way to similar to each other. There's even a rythm motif that you can find in many of his songs, from P4G to PQ and Arena. It would be ok if said rythm motif was present in a few songs from just one soundtrack, but using it in different games (with different moods) doesn't really work.

Dantis

I did. And yeah, I agree with you. I also posted this after I read it:

Yeah, pretty much. His music is a lot less catchy, too.

I really don't like Yukari's, which is a shame as she's my favorite character in the series.

I think Yukari's looks great, personally.

In fact, I think most of the side-on portraits look great. They're a look more consistent than the full body art.

"I think our music is similar"

REALLY OVERSELLING YOURSELF BRO!!!

Geez guys.

Yeah man, you tell us.

We're the worst, but at least you're here to point it out.

Squire

Banned
Yeah man, you tell us.

We're the worst, but at least you're here to point it out.

He just said he feels they're similar. They're composing for the same game, so clearly Atlus and Meguro agree on some level. He didn't say he was next in line to take the guys place or even that he's as good as him. I don't understand the "overselling" comment on your part or the nods in agreement.

LX_Theo

Banned
He just said he feels they're similar. They're composing for the same game, so clearly Atlus and Meguro agree on some level. He didn't say he was next in line to take the guys place or even that he's as good as him. I don't understand the "overselling" comment on your part or the nods in agreement.

Agree. I only got the impression that he said their styles were similar enough that he didn't have to try too hard to get in line with it for his own compositions. It didn't feel like he was speaking anything of quality or others of that sort.

:/

Considering how on youtube a ton of people who arent in the know credit a lot of Kitajoh's music to Meguro and people keep saying "Meguro is a god" on Kitajoh's tracks, I agree. They do the same thing with Konishi too tho lol.

I really don't like Yukari's, which is a shame as she's my favorite character in the series.

I like it.

Man, the next live show will be incredible (not that the previous ones weren't lol). So much new material. Not only will P5 be out but there's also Ultimax, PQ and P4GA.

I can't stop wondering what Meguro's approach will be, the seemingly darker tone makes me think of a heavier soundtrack or maybe something more similar to mainline SMT. I wonder if he'd go instrumental only in a Persona game again...
I doubt he'd go with any of the current singers, at least I hope he wont, as much as I love them (and I really do), this needs to be a completely blank slate. On the other hand the new singer would need to become a permanent member of the Live band's line-up.
They've also been using the violin a lot (which I love) and even brought a violinist into the band, I wonder how much he'll use it, if at all, in P5.

Dantis

*shrug*

Honestly, you're probably right. It was more of a knee jerk comment than a well thought-out post. I think when you like something to the point that you can identify the nuances within it, and those things become the things you like about it. Kitajoh obviously does his best Meguro impression when he's working on Persona (his own work is noteably different) but it always sounds off to me, so when he said that, my reaction was "PFFFFFFT". I re-read the interview an hour ago, was reminded of it, and posted it here.

'Overselling himself' is probably an overly antagonistic way of phrasing it, but as a fan of Meguro's work, I think it's fair to say that Kitajoh is probably overstating things, or perhaps overestimating how well he imitates Meguro, and that's what bothered me. Is that a bad thing for me to bothered by? Probably, but it's probably not the worst thing in the world either.

Considering how on youtube a ton of people who arent in the know credit a lot of Kitajoh's music to Meguro and people keep saying "Meguro is a god" on Kitajoh's tracks, I agree. They do the same thing with Konishi too tho lol.

Well, I mean, people on Youtube are pretty dumb, and maybe if you do the aural equivalent of squinting the music sounds more similar?

Squire

Banned
*shrug*

Honestly, you're probably right. It was more of a knee jerk comment than a well thought-out post. I think when you like something to the point that you can identify the nuances within it, and those things become the things you like about it. Kitajoh obviously does his best Meguro impression when he's working on Persona (his own work is noteably different) but it always sounds off to me, so when he said that, my reaction was "PFFFFFFT". I re-read the interview an hour ago, was reminded of it, and posted it here.

'Overselling himself' is probably an overly antagonistic way of phrasing it, but as a fan of Meguro's work, I think it's fair to say that Kitajoh is probably overstating things, or perhaps overestimating how well he imitates Meguro, and that's what bothered me. Is that a bad thing for me to bothered by? Probably, but it's probably not the worst thing in the world either.

Fair enough. Well said!

*shrug*

Well, I mean, people on Youtube are pretty dumb, and maybe if you do the aural equivalent of squinting the music sounds more similar?

Youtube comments are like one of the worst parts of the internet lol so yea I agree

Top Bottom