• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

arue

I think any future roster choice would be fully related to the story in P4AU, just like all of the other characters; they wouldn't just have one stand out as not being part of the narrative like that if they were to be included now.

I think a lot of signs point to there being a at least one new character reveal right now; signs that were made evident after the Marie reveal. I think the the only real possibilities are Theodore, Margaret, Makoto or the Malevolent Entity as characters at this point, and I think Makoto is the one that seems the most likely, but I feel that it might also be someone unexpected to subvert that likelihood.

Where do you find this? If it involves scans, then I'll look for it myself.

For the next character reveal, I'm betting on Makoto or Fuuka.

Zerojul

Sorry if this has been answered before, but will the P4A story mode for P4AU that comes with the japanese limited edition be on disc or DLC ?

FluxWaveZ

Why do you think it will be story related? Is Marie's inclusion story related? I had assumed she wouldn't have a story mode.

We have no information concerning whether or not Marie is related to the story, however this has been the modus operandi for literally every character who's part of the roster currently, for Atlus' motivations behind character choices for the game, and for ASW's character choices behind their own fighting games. I currently see no reason to believe otherwise.

Where do you find this? If it involves scans, then I'll look for it myself.

For the next character reveal, I'm betting on Makoto or Fuuka.

The signs were ones that had been present before the reveal, and were made relevant after it. I had not thought much of them from my natural scepticism, but now they seem far more important to me. Stuff like:

1. Yu Namba's quote after the P4AU exhibition. He said something like: "We already have one DLC character announced... more to come, hey."
2. Special DLC cards. There are going to be 37 of them, and we know [Redacted] is number 035. It is very probable that Marie will be #036.
3. Character screen layout. Not as relevant as the other points, but they'll have to maintain symmetry unless they want it to look like a mess, and in its current design that would require two more additions to the current one instead of one unless they were to completely revamp it. There's also the part where I really think P3 and P4 should have their own rows completely, but that's a lesser point.
4. Every month since April has had its own character reveal. April, May and June, didn't mean too much, but July added onto that is too much. This is combined with the fact that, if Marie was the last character to be revealed, why wouldn't she have been revealed in August as a last promotional boost since she's going to be post-launch DLC?
5. Intuition. I had displayed my confusion previously as to why [Redacted] was revealed so early if he were to be the last character several times. More than two months before the game launch seemed like too much if they were to maximize hype factor when it's something that could have been kept for last. I am now asking myself the same kind of questions when it comes to Marie: why would they not have switched the Marie reveal with [Redacted]'s if she was to be the last? It could be related to P4GA, but I would think the former would be more popular and currently has openly demonstrated ties to the narrative, so it just seems like they would have naturally been the last one instead of Marie.

A lot of that were things I had glossed over before because I doubted any character reveal after June's, but now I'm optimistic on the prospect.

arue

The signs were ones that had been present before the reveal, and were made relevant after it. I had not thought much of them from my natural scepticism, but now they seem far more important to me. Stuff like:

I see, that's a lot of hints dropped there. I almost forgot about the character cards.

I also think that it wouldn't make sense if Marie is the last character to be revealed. There should be one last character to be revealed to give that extra oomph before the game is released.

I really think the people hoping for a Makoto appearance will be dissapponted.

Im more than happy with the current roster. Anything at this point for me is a bonus. But putting Makoto into the game makes sense for a number of reasons. Plus, him being the last character to be revealed will send this game to hype heaven like no other.

I may be setting myself up for disappointment, but I have this feeling that Makoto is the last playable character, and that he is going to actually have an arc to himself. Whether it is via time travel (remembering events from a diff dimension, a la PQ) or whether he is actually
saved by Elizabeth...
Idk, but just like Flux called, it's my intuition working here. There's just so many factors pointing that way.

I really am setting myself up for disappointment. LOL.

biodude

Neo Member
Right, im gonna go and try finish Persona 3. I have two guardians left to defeat in Tatarus. The grinding in this game is a nightmare. :(

Try 35 hours non stop of grinding in the answer, then tell me how you feel about grinding in P3 lol

It wasn't so bad in p3 because of school/s-links, and I kinda enjoyed fighting (still love all those animations)

Logash

Anyone know when the next Persona related event will be where we can possibly get news on 5? I have trouble believing that we will get a blowout at TGS when the game will be out like two months after that. There has to be SOMETHING in between. I mean I know atlus likes to promote games close to their release but I was thinking something like 6 months.

Try 35 hours non stop of grinding in the answer, then tell me how you feel about grinding in P3 lol

It wasn't so bad in p3 because of school/s-links, and I kinda enjoyed fighting (still love all those animations)

Yeah, i keep hearing scary things about the answer. I don't think ill have the time to grind for that long. Ill prob get a save file with all the characters maxed out. That way, i can just blow through it at a decent pace.

FluxWaveZ

I have trouble believing that we will get a blowout at TGS when the game will be out like two months after that. There has to be SOMETHING in between. I mean I know atlus likes to promote games close to their release but I was thinking something like 6 months.

It will?

Slygmous

Oh boy, I just finished FES and started on The Answer a week ago (only a couple of hours in, beat first boss), this kinda talk is making me hesitate picking it up again. It's worth it in the end, though, right?

LX_Theo

Banned
Oh boy, I just finished FES and started on The Answer a week ago (only a couple of hours in, beat first boss), this kinda talk is making me hesitate picking it up again. It's worth it in the end, though, right?
Most people say no it isn't since what's worth it can just be watched online or something. I suppose it depends how much more you want to play Persona gameplay at the time.

biodude

Neo Member

I gotta say I enjoyed it in the end. It took me a few months due to my work schedule though. They kinda hold everything back until the last 2-3 hours of it, the rest is grinding with some fan service scenes. Trust me, you'll be begging to see those few animated cutscenes at the end lol, but it makes it so much better. So yea, I recommend playing it, unless you really are against grinding. Good way to pass the time until these new persona games come out though

I held back from watching the cutscenes on youtube, I wasn't going down that easy. My best friend however, doesn't have the will power/ lazy and won't even try.

pan-hime

Light the Fire Up in the Night lyrics:
yeah don't you say that I didn't didn't
give you a chance just didn't listen
only wanted out but you just kept that garage talk
so no blessings
yall looking present, I'm already futuristic-cruising
satisfaction killed me a bit but curiosity brings me back in
grooving
don't wanna follow order I ought to restore that
told her crossing the border next corner posing for reporters
next level explorer with my crew, supporters
still conquesting forward with my crew

like the shining stars
lights the path whenever it's dark
you keep on blinking at me
you never turn away from me
in the vast gloomy night sky
light that fire up in the night
the journey that we travel for uprise
no matter where we go
we will not stop the shining
forever

the views that I see is not flat more like panorama
more to it more of a drama, going gorillas, bananas
I just wanna have a lotta fun in life
surviving the riding I'm driving no idling battling and I
keep it dazzle

biodude

Neo Member
Is the answer really that bad. How much story/cutscenes are there in comparison to the main game?

You'll get more insight on some of the events/ past in p3 for the characters between every few mini boss battles, 2 really cool animated cutscenes in the beggining, and the last few animated cutscenes are all near the end. If you have the time to play it, its not so bad at all. They could have made the pacing a bit better and not made the whole "cycle" so repetitive up until the end. Probably one of the main reasons its a put off to some

Also thanks pan-hime for posting those lyrics! Was driving me crazy trying to decipher them

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
As long as you download the character the first week the game is out, you'll get him. You don't even need the game yourself.

Atlus did the same with the Japanese narrator voices in Dragon's Crown.

You should be able to download the code regardless of whether you preorder it or not just as long as you do it on the week of release.

all I needed to know. Thanks.

But there should be a tag team mode or something.

Sallokin

Grabbed these on the way home today.

KbrbnCf.jpg

Is the Marie reveal in this week's Famitsu with Youkai Watch on the cover? I managed to snag a copy this morning and didn't even look at it. It's sitting in my office right now taunting me.

Grabbed these on the way home today.

Is the Marie reveal in this week's Famitsu with Youkai Watch on the cover? I managed to snag a copy this morning and didn't even look at it. It's sitting in my office right now taunting me.

Thinking of picking up both those albums myself. £30 forth pair seems fair. No idea, you'll have to let us know!

Sallokin

Thinking of picking up both those albums myself. £30 forth pair seems fair. No idea, you'll have to let us know!

Yeah when I get into work tomorrow I'll take a look. I'm sure the scans will have already hit by then anyway.

30 quid is pretty good. I paid about 53 dollars (tax in) at Animate and got a free sticker lol.

Top Bottom