• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Caladrius

Why is the US P3 FES cover such a trainwreck.

No Idea. The Euro cover of the original P3 is faaaar worse though.

Persona_3.jpg

It's strange considering both Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga used their original Kaneko art (which isn't as marketable to begin with.)

Marche90

It's strange considering both Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga used their original Kaneko art (which isn't as marketable to begin with.)

I swear I have seen this cover with an ESRB logo :/

(And yeah, good thing that we no longer have the cover switched up from the JP release)

FluxWaveZ

The bottom of the P4U2 website was given 7 more outlink rectangles (in addition to a daily countdown on the front page with the narrator's voice), with one of them being the P4U2 x LHP collab. Also, there aren't any more static screens on the "Special" page after the LHP collab. was added. Interesting.

Timer image for tomorrow:
cd_num0811.png

BETRAITOR.

Figured I'd be called SOMETHING LIKE THAT ahaha! But I gotta give that piece some credit. To be fair Soejima's was drawn longer ago, and with time styles change. The fact that here I prefer the "pupils" work over the master's is a good thing, I love the little details given to it. Soejima's is more straight to the point with basic colors but this is his character and his creation, while Kronz has some gradients mixed in there along with some good definition and lines, but it's work based off Soejima.

In the end although more credit should be given to the creator, visually I find Kronz more appealing. Just my 2 cents :p

I don't want to say this...
I like Kr0n's over Soejima's :X

The quality is similar but expression doesn't match the character.
Then again, I never completed the Katherine route.

Going to add to this an idea I had...

You should at least have an options menu where you can change toggle mean spirited descriptions on and off her (or every character! It is a weather app, after all).

leave rise out of this

Dantis

Is that even a word?
It is now. I just coined it! I'm putting PersonaGAF on the map!

Figured I'd be called SOMETHING LIKE THAT ahaha! But I gotta give that piece some credit. To be fair Soejima's was drawn longer ago, and with time styles change. The fact that here I prefer the "pupils" work over the master's is a good thing, I love the little details given to it. Soejima's is more straight to the point with basic colors but this is his character and his creation, while Kronz has some gradients mixed in there along with some good definition and lines, but it's work based off Soejima.

In the end although more credit should be given to the creator, visually I find Kronz more appealing. Just my 2 cents :p

Disgraceful.

The bottom of the P4U2 website was given 7 more outlink rectangles (in addition to a daily countdown on the front page with the narrator's voice), with one of them being the P4U2 x LHP collab. Also, there aren't any more static screens on the "Special" page after the LHP collab. was added. Interesting.

Timer image for tomorrow:
cd_num0811.png

Sorry to ask but what do you think this means from your point of view.

lololol
I don't know what TV anime y'all watch where small distant characters are drawn super well with lots of detail. I'm all for mocking QUALITY anime but pretty much every show does this.
I don't watch any.
Never knew about it, huh.
No Yukari. 0 out of 10.
It's a shame. The original art is so great.
I really like this one, and US' P3 normal one.

MSMrRound

from Danganronpa 2?

Yup. Had Sonia initially, before I realized Ganzlinger was already repping her.

I'm honestly torn between getting my local copy of P4AU vs waiting for Sep 30 for that Teddie bop bag and the other half of the arcana cards...any recommendations on which one should I go for? Earlier access VS goodies for NA copies?

Mdesilva

But I don't like him ú_ú

Did no one take Gundam? Also do we already have a DanganRonpa 2 thread?
No one has used him, no (not that there aren't multiple sprites to make an avatar from, lol).

There's already a spoiler thread iirc, but the OT won't be up until the 26th.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
I only recently played through the fist Danganronpa after seeing people in Persona community thread rave about it. Glad I did.
I hope Byakuya dies in the second, only character in the first game I actually hated.

FluxWaveZ

Sorry to ask but what do you think this means from your point of view.

Heh, well I was going to keep the theories to myself this time, but alright.

Every single one of those rectangles on the current website are reserved for marketing purposes rather than to illustrate in-game content exclusively (which is what the website itself is there for). Same goes for the PQ website, with the possible outlier being the 1.2 ver. update rectangle.

So, the way I see it, these are the things that immediately come to mind that could be added:
- P4AU focused PSC episode
- DLC Appendix (like the one that should be in the August 28 issue of Famitsu)
- Marie DLC info (i.e. date of release, glasses, alt colors...)
- Margaret DLC info (i.e. date of release, glasses, alt colors...)
- Alt color + online lobby avatar DLC
- P4AU TE2 info (i.e. where to buy it)
- P4AU console opening
- P4AU TV spot
- Something relevant to the remaining "?????" tabs on the website
- P4A stage play info
- P4AU version update
A lot of these would seem relevant to the "Special" page, but they removed the blatant indication that something will be added to it. Much like the character page removing the static screen only to add more characters later, or the outlink rectangles themselves, they might still add content to the "Special" page, though it would seem odd they wouldn't be indicating as much if it wasn't a big deal like the new characters (plus, unlike the PQ "Special" page, the images are huge so they'd have to add an arrow like on the character page).

The rectangles don't need to all be filled in before the game's JPN release, as PQ's weren't, but they'll all probably be filled in eventually. It's difficult to determine what they might be, especially since the website still has two whole tabs that haven't been revealed, but I don't think they would be reserved for anything big right now.

Mdesilva

I wonder what alt colors Marie and Margaret will get…

I think one of them will get an
Izanami
palette. For references, it's Persona, Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Persona again, and do we have an SMT palette now?

A lot of these would seem relevant to the "Special" page, but they removed the blatant indication that something will be added to it.

I may be crazy, but I remember that the "Special" page had the category Wallpaper, which was later replaced by Others.

I'm still waiting for a cool wallpaper with every character ;_;

Musolf815

EDIT:

Was thinking exactly that xD

Actually, we could do something else.

If all of us in P-GAF are able to win the 3DS, we could try to do a second contest. That way, those of us who don't live in the US or Canada also will have a shot in getting the prize. Obviously, we would need to iron out the details and what kind of contest could it be (and an impartial person running the contest, like Nich).

Thoughts, guys?

I think that'd be great!

MudoSkills

Toko had some of the most terrible character art in the game. Worst art + worst person, they were a great couple.

You might be thinking of the NA site.

I could have sworn that the Japanese site was like that way before they even added the second set of Twitter icons and got changed some point after they announced Redacted and added the Products category... But like I said, I may be crazy.

My hopes are now on the NA site then. And if they don't upload a wallpaper, I guess there will be tons made by fans...

Also, guys, I don't want to sound rude, but we should stop talking about Danganronpa. I think we're dangerously close to spoiler territory (and it's off topic).

MudoSkills

I have to admit, the 'mouth down south' line made me laugh out loud, getting me some strange looks on the train to work.

What else would we expect from the Ultimate Writing Prodigy.

Also, guys, I don't want to sound rude, but we should stop talking about Danganronpa. I think we're dangerously close to spoiler territory (and it's off topic).

Sorry. I'm done.

Squire

Banned
Toko had some of the most terrible character art in the game. Worst art + worst person, they were a great couple.

Is this a joke? I think the (light spoiler)
fawning over Togami
got old pretty quickly, but aside from that, Toko is probably one of the best characters in the game.
Glad she's back for Despair Girl.

Top Bottom