• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Interesting. No story mode trophies?

Also, they're sticking to their guns with the shitty score attack trophies, which is a real shame.

Most of them seem fine, though.
Oh god score attack. I've managed to etch my way through a couple of Unlimited Mars opponents but I still have yet to beat a single score attack opponent, especially Yosuke and his ninja bullshit.

Here it is my lovelies, the big Episode 40 Ultimax spectacular is now live!!
tumblr_m1uookk2vw1rs4buoo1_500.png

gonna get to listening to this episode now

Dantis

There is something hilarious about the fact that both of my questions to John were unanswerable.

EDIT: Did Armada just say that that stupid Sonic question was a Dantis question? >____________________________>

What an amazing episode. It was the first time I've asked a question and I'm really happy with the answers! And I'm actually surprised about how John obtained his knowledge about Argentina :p Thanks for doing this one!

Re: Spanish Mitsuru

She actually yells "OLÉ!!!" while using her All Out Attack in the Japanese version.

That girl must speak a dozen languages by this time.
Or maybe the Japanese are listening Pitbull too much

To be fair. She's not saying "Dale". That would be too awesome.

Now I can totally see Mitsuru saying "Miss Worldwide", the name of a couple cities while giving a party in her limo. lol

Levito

Banned
Really happy to hear those that have listened enjoyed the news episode. Dacid, LK, and John really brought it and made it special.

What an amazing episode. It was the first time I've asked a question and I'm really happy with the answers! And I'm actually surprised about how John obtained his knowledge about Argentina :p Thanks for doing this one!

Haha I thought your question was fantastic and a great way to close the show out. ;)

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Really happy to hear those that have listened enjoyed the news episode. Dacid, LK, and John really brought it and made it special.

Haha I thought your question was fantastic and a great way to close the show out. ;)

I haven't listen to it yet. Was my question acceptable?

kewlmyc

You know what your next episode is going to be about?

Nachos

That was a fantastic episode, Levito! I'm bummed that I wasn't able to get any questions in, but that episode was really entertaining, and congratulations on hitting forty.

Also:
PersonaGAF? said:
Also, now that Atlus is a part of Sega, who do I need to talk to in order to get my original character, “Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner – Raidou Kuzunoha vs The Soulless Army” the Hedgehog into the Persona mythology?
I mean, I get that there's that thing where there are so many fanmade sonic characters that you can type in [your name] the hedgehog into Google, and see a ton of fan art, but...yeah. Any chance this didn't actually come from PersonaGAF and was just someone trolling?

There is something hilarious about the fact that both of my questions to John were unanswerable.

EDIT: Did Armada just say that that stupid Sonic question was a Dantis question? >____________________________>

Didn't John say he thought it was Jello?

That was a very good episode, really informative. Its insane that you guys have already hit episode 40. Here's to another 40 episodes and hopefully the big 100.

Thanks for asking my question and for answering. I really hope Ultimax is a massive success and the game is still popular in the years to come.

Best girl belongs to Yukiko Atlusprime :p

I'm not sure how much is in vanilla P4, but I loved running into
Namatame
at the various days before he's a major part of the story. I believe you can talk to him the first day in Inaba, when Dojima tells you to walk around the shopping district. Saki and Naoki are there arguing too, which always makes me really sad.

Also I made something stupid from the newest P4GA:
http://chiraledge.tumblr.com/post/94801748976/adachi-no
Oh yeah, I remember one day I was going to talk to Death I
found him there sitting in the log and when I talked to him I was like "Who's this guy?" and after watching this Golden playthrough I've noticed to see him more times than that, and it's the same with Mitsuo and the gas attendant.
And that image you made is pretty funny lol
Ah, do Mexico and the US not share the same region locking for the 3DS? It's an NTSC/ESRB copy I'll have to spare, not PAL. If not, never mind then.
Oops, thought that the PQ you would have been given to me would be from Europe so it wouldn't work. I see, I will try to figure it out if I can get it and then tell you, thanks!
AMAZING
OH MY GOD THE FINAL STORY TROPHY.

(Don't click it if you don't want to be spoiled, and probably don't discuss its implications.)
Hmm? Did I miss something?
I am so confused, unless you're implying something like
Sho is in P5
Same.

FluxWaveZ

No, you didn't. Dantis is just making assumptions off something that doesn't really tell anything.

The trophy is still a potential spoiler, however.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. Though,
the name of the trophy does potentially suggest some sort of open-endedness to the events of P4AU, potentially involving Sho specifically. Can't help but think about P3FES' "The Journey" title for the main story, but that might just be a simple coincidence.

Sophia

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. Though,
the name of the trophy does potentially suggest some sort of open-endedness to the events of P4AU, potentially involving Sho specifically. Can't help but think about P3FES' "The Journey" title for the main story, but that might just be a simple coincidence.

Yeah. I was given the impression
that it implied that the grand scheme of things wasn't over, even if the main story itself was. Kind of like how you got the impression that things weren't over at the end of The Answer.

Nachos

Yeah. I was given the impression
that it implied that the grand scheme of things wasn't over, even if the main story itself was. Kind of like how you got the impression that things weren't over at the end of The Answer.

Yeah, that was my impression, too.
Considering how generic the icons look, I just figured that Sho was there because he was one of the few characters who weren't inherently associated with 3 or 4. Plus, there was no way they wouldn't leave some sort of thread for them to bring the casts back later once P5 is done.

FluxWaveZ

Plus, there was no way they wouldn't leave some sort of thread for them to bring the casts back later once P5 is done.

That's possible, though if I were to blindly guess here, I would think it's more of a
potential P4A3 relevant thread that they could pull if they ever want to make another, kind of like Sophia implied with the "The Answer" ending (it also made me think of 999 > VLR when I saw it. Perhaps an after P5 and P4A3 thing would be one and the same.

I finished the episode a little while ago, but I didn't really say my thoughts lol. I found it very enjoyable and the panel was great. Only complaint I have about it is that it just makes me more hyped for the game in question >_>

Levito

Banned
You know what your next episode is going to be about?

Armada has one in the works, and I also asked the Rise cosplayer from EVO if she wanted to come on to talk about Persona cosplay/cosplaying in general and she seemed really excited to.

That was a fantastic episode, Levito! I'm bummed that I wasn't able to get any questions in, but that episode was really entertaining, and congratulations on hitting forty.

Sorry you couldn't get one in, I did advertise the questions post here in there community thread several times though, and the questions post was up for a week. Only mentioning this cause of the concerns you expressed after the second Episode.

I mean, I get that there's that thing where there are so many fanmade sonic characters that you can type in [your name] the hedgehog into Google, and see a ton of fan art, but...yeah. Any chance this didn't actually come from PersonaGAF and was just someone trolling?

It was someone from PersonaGAF, I know because it went up a minute or so after one of the times I linked the questions post in the community thread. (It was obviously a joke lol)

I finished the episode a little while ago, but I didn't really say my thoughts lol. I found it very enjoyable and the panel was great. Only complaint I have about it is that it just makes me more hyped for the game in question >_>

You're not alone on that. Ultimax is my most anticipated game. I need it D:

Armada has one in the works, and I also asked the Rise cosplayer from EVO if she wanted to come on to talk about Persona cosplay/cosplaying in general and she seemed really excited to.

That sounds really cool!

Nachos

Rad. My sister dragged me to Otakon for the first time this year, and I really enjoyed myself. Plus, Scrafty posted some photos of a good Mondo cosplay in the Dangan Ronpa spoiler thread, so maybe it'd be cool to have him on.

Sorry you couldn't get one in, I did advertise the questions post here in there community thread several times though, and the questions post was up for a week. Only mentioning this cause of the concerns you expressed after the second Episode.

No worries. The only reason why I brought that up is because even though this is ostensibly a GAF podcast, I'm sure your numbers show that quite a few people outside of it tune in. It didn't necessarily seem fair to people who don't post here or those who were still awaiting verification but don't lurk.

That's possible, though if I were to blindly guess here, I would think it's more of a
potential P4A3 relevant thread that they could pull if they ever want to make another, kind of like Sophia implied with the "The Answer" ending (it also made me think of 999 > VLR when I saw it. Perhaps an after P5 and P4A3 thing would be one and the same.
True, but I just think that given the popularity of the characters, a proper RPG sequel in the Persona style isn't necessarily out of the question. Either way, the recent line of new games isn't the last time we'll see them. It might be a while, since it does seem to be billed as a send-off to the casts, but there's way it won't be temporary.

kewlmyc

Neat. I guess I'll forgive you for calling me a "random person" on the podcast. ;_;

This episode is definitely one of the best ever. Amazing in every sense of the word. Oh, and thanks for the shout-outs, guys! The spirit of Da Man dwells within all of you!

Plus, Scrafty posted some photos of a good Mondo cosplay in the Dangan Ronpa spoiler thread, so maybe it'd be cool to have him on.

I've been Junpei before too (blame my friend for the crappy cam quality)! I'm always down to record episodes of the podcast, but I'm not sure how much I could add to this specific discussion since cosplay is just kinda something I do for fun rather than "professionally," hehe.

Top Bottom