• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

From Pepsiman to us: tasty, refreshing Japanese game impressions!
6yKAo.gif

Also sounds like a bunch whiners who aint Git EO Gud. HYPE TRAIN PICKIN UP STEAM.

Andrefpvs

91k6p6U.png

Has Atlus USA said anything about this DLC being available for the North American version of P4AU? If the first game's story is told in a manner similar to P4AU's in this DLC, then I'd buy it!

...In fact, I don't even remember reading any details about this DLC in particular ;x

I DID IT! I finally did it! Senpais are you watching? Are you proud of me?

QI8uCJj.jpg

Congrats, Kouhai!

HeelPower

There are some PS3 saves on GameFAQS, but they leave off quite a ways away from your stopping place. The endgame one skips the last month or so of the game. The NG+ one would at least allow you to get back to your previous point relatively quickly (that being about 10-15 hours)

You may just want to youtube the post-November cutscenes and use the endgame file.

Oh the NG+ option sounds feasible.How does it make the game go faster though ? Because you are way overpowered relative to the enemies ?

It really sucks that I lost all my progress and all the persona's I spent time creating.It might butcher the battle system too which I actually really enjoyed.

Is there no one on Gaf with a save close to Heaven ? :(

Caladrius

Oh the NG+ option sounds feasible.How does it make the game go faster though ? Because you are way overpowered relative to the enemies ?

It really sucks that I lost all my progress and all the persona's I spent time creating.It might butcher the battle system too which I actually really enjoyed.

Is there no one on Gaf with a save close to Heaven ? :(

Mostly because you're overpowered. If the uploader managed to get a properly-made Yoshitsune you can bulldoze the first half of the game with no issues as soon as you get the money to summon him. (And I thiiiiink you can speed up dialogue with Triangle. I don't quite remember because I played the console version of P4 like 3 years ago.)

I only have the PSV and PS2 versions myself, so I can't be of help with an upload unfortunately.

HeelPower

Mostly because you're overpowered. If the uploader managed to get a properly-made Yoshitsune you can bulldoze the first half of the game with no issues as soon as you get the money to summon him. (And I thiiiiink you can speed up dialogue with Triangle. I don't quite remember because I played the console version of P4 like 3 years ago.)

I only have the PSV and PS2 versions myself, so I can't be of help with an upload unfortunately.

Thanks.Appreciate the replies.

LX_Theo

Banned
3 Playthroughs. 300 hours. I'm still missing Hardcore Risette Fan ;_;

I'm not complaining about my playtime, though. I enjoyed every minute I played.

When I needed that, I just got a list of all the lines people had written down. I made an excel sheet with all of them. I then went forward and presumed I had none of them, checking off each and everyone I knew for a fact was said by her in my playthrough as I did them. About a third to half way through that process, I got the trophy. It was a real pain, but it got the job done.

FluxWaveZ

Got all of the upcoming Persona games pre-ordered except for Persona 4 Dancing. Probably gonna end up importing that one, too.

Also sounds like a bunch whiners who aint Git EO Gud. HYPE TRAIN PICKIN UP STEAM.

Just got around to reading that myself. It's interesting. Some of the noted criticisms like the lack of a school life seem odd because this isn't meant to be a full on Persona game. Those criticisms about the story are intriguing, too.

Nachos

That's been making the rounds for a few days now. I thought it was posted here before, but maybe I was thinking of another site.

Got my 3DSXL today. Can't wait for Persona Q.
Try the free Etrian Odyssey demos on the eShop to get sort of a feel for Q. You can even transfer your progress to the full games if you buy them.

Just got around to reading that myself. It's interesting. Some of the noted criticisms like the lack of a school life seem odd because this isn't meant to be a full on Persona game. Those criticisms about the story are intriguing, too.
Especially when Arena's been a thing for a two years now.

Sophia

Yeah, I doubt they entry could actually win considering they literally paid Rog to sing that. It's just hilarious is all.

I mean. It's hilarious, but I'd rather see someone who's dedicated to singing the song win.

However, it definitely deserves an honorable mention for being so funny.

I mean. It's hilarious, but I'd rather see someone who's dedicated to singing the song win.

However, it definitely deserves an honorable mention for being so funny.

They did say that even if you don't win, you may be included in their fan video. It would be hilarious to see Rog there.

Good times indeed. I wonder how much did Rog learn about anime and videogames just by doing these videos.

So instead of importing Ultimax or deciding on whether or not to replay P3P... I have something else to play/review in give meantime:

Wheeeeeee!

abrack08

Holy crap that was amazing! "Senpai senpai! Chie-chan" Your waifu!" hahaha. Specially Rog. The Robin Williams joke bothers me but eh. I can totally see a baby dressed as Teddie winning in this kind of contests.

Yeah. I almost want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and say his name might also just be Robin Williams, but if that's the case... maybe don't pretend to commit suicide in a youtube video?

Him getting Rog to sing the song and feeding steak to a frame picture of Chie was great, but the end left a sour taste in my mouth. I'm hoping I just misunderstood what he was going for. Video should have just ended when the song was over.

Zebetite

Banned
Just out of curiosity, how many of you are hardcore old school Resident Evil fans?

Hey, I am!

I was (I guess technically I still am, I haven't logged in or checked in a while though!) a moderator on the forums for a reasonably-big RE fansite back in the day. I really, really, really, really like that series. Anyone who talks shit about tank controls is a big dumb baby who is bad at video games.

Nachos

So instead of importing Ultimax or deciding on whether or not to replay P3P... I have something else to play/review in give meantime:

Wheeeeeee!
I've read through the fan translation, so here's some advice: try not to give into despair too much. Hope is obviously the solution.

I got it too, hype.

And despair.

(But it's certainly not going to keep me from importing Ultimax, :lol)
Oh, are you reviewing it for a site?

Nachos

Wow, I didn't notice

zdLa1Y1.gif

There goes my enthusiasm for the video

Oh yeah, I just remembered that. Making that joke less than a week after all of that certainly isn't the most tactful thing to do, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that alone disqualifies them. Probably not in anyone's best interests as PR to condone making those sorts of jokes, especially when that will reflect on the company as a whole.

Zebetite

Banned
RE: That video, seeing Rog-kun again got me wondering what The Internet's Favorite Persona Fan (sorry guys! it was a real close race), Tyrone, has been up to.

It turns out he's created his own YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7_ON5or0wc

Weirdly enough, the background music for that video is Pachelbel's Canon (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOA-2hl1Vbc) which, some people have noticed, infamous Evangelion song "Komm Susser Tod" seems to crib very liberally from.

How deep does this rabbit hole go? How much do these guys really know? To what degree are they in on the joke about our dumb Japanese cartoons?! How much have they learned, how much did they know in advance? What sequence of events could have led to Tyrone having this piece of obscure otaku knowledge?! Is it all a coincidence? How could it be?!

So dark a place is the internet that these are the questions I ask myself. What am I doing with my life? I was so much happier when I was playing Persona games. Persona 5 needs to come out soon or I don't know what I'm going to do with my life.

CorvoSol

I actually think it's a really good picture, too, even if Kenneth is there. If Kenneth looked like that in the anime I might actually give a crap about him.

Or if Trinity Soul had music worth listening to.

Or if Trinity Soul had worth.

Sophia

I actually think it's a really good picture, too, even if Kenneth is there. If Kenneth looked like that in the anime I might actually give a crap about him.

Or if Trinity Soul had music worth listening to.

Or if Trinity Soul had worth.

Soejima drawn versions of the Trinity Soul cast are actually pretty cool.

Top Bottom