• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

PK Gaming

So i'm 57% sure that Shadow Labrys is gonna pull a heel face turn by the end of Ultimax.

tumblr_mnsp73aj4s1qbwo36o1_500.jpg

"I-it's not like i'm s-saving you or anything! I just don't want a loser like him to beat you guys. Remember, I'm going to be the one that takes you guys down, got it!?!"

kewlmyc

So i'm 57% sure that Shadow Labrys is gonna pull a heel face turn by the end of Ultimax.

"I-it's not like i'm s-saving you or anything! I just don't want a loser like him to beat you guys. Remember, I'm going to be the one that takes you guys down, got it!?!"
How can she blush if she has no blood?

Nachos

They missed a golden opportunity by having her say skinny and not shiny.
Honestly, I think it's for the better. Throwing in those references is great as easter eggs and small incidental dialogue not part of the main story, but I think that'd take some people out of the experience in more serious scenes.

I think it's a reference but they changed it up on purpose. I'm not the best source of information on copyrights though.
If they changed it, it wasn't because of copyright. Even if whoever owns Futurama had copyrighted the phrase for things like t-shirts, a little reference wouldn't be enough to get Atlus in trouble.

Andrefpvs

Might've already been posted, but it looks like Sega's finally involving itself in Atlus' affairs (in a good way!).

Aussie Classification has rated Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, to be published by Sega, meaning the game's getting an Australian release - http://www.classification.gov.au/Pa...rFjxC62leysWwuZGTh8Y6litqawLmVA0tWHsHBG9lWpXU

That said, I can't imagine Sega publishing the game in Australia without doing it in Europe, as well. I'd say expect it.

Whoa, I almost missed this. I really hope a release date for Europe PAL territories is announced soon.

How can she blush if she has no blood?

The answer is always "Plumes of Dusk".

PK Gaming

Aigis actually cries near the end of P3, but i'm pretty sure that was a freak accident the most beautiful miracle ever.

In any case, my confidence has raised to 65% in regards to Shadow Labrys joining the heroes. It's totally in the cards.

Mdesilva

Those are the Famitsu exclusives, right? I wouldn't hold your breath; there's probably zero chance we'll get those.
Well… the Famitsu exclusives from the last game are in this one, and Blazblue CP got the Famitsu exclusives for the US version as well, when the game launched (for free, even!) so I figured there was a chance.

Aigis actually cries near the end of P3, but i'm pretty sure that was a freak accident the most beautiful miracle ever.

In any case, my confidence has raised to 65% in regards to Shadow Labrys joining the heroes. It's totally in the cards.

She said some nice things to Chie. Right now, I want Shadow Labrys to conquer her rightful place as the true self replacing real Labrys.

Moonlight

Banned

I think Shabrys is gonna be pursuing her own agenda, probably, which happens to be more or less in line with the team's immediate goals.

PK Gaming

I think Shabrys is gonna be pursuing her own agenda, probably, which happens to be more or less in line with the team's immediate goals.

She said some nice things to Chie. Right now, I want Shadow Labrys to conquer her rightful place as the true self replacing real Labrys.

Fo sho

I mean she told Chie to quit bossing her around, which is like line 7 from the Tsundere handbook. I bet there'll be a scene where she and Labrys confront each other:

Labrys: You... You don't want to replace me anymore?
Shadow Labrys: You? Puh-leeze. As if i'd waste my time on a loser like you.
Labrys: What will you do now?
Shadow Labrys: Dunno. But first we gotta stop this son of a bitch from messing up this place.
Labrys: (Smiles)

Maaaaaannnnnnnnn, I totally have this game's narrative down on lock. Hit me!

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Well… the Famitsu exclusives from the last game are in this one, and Blazblue CP got the Famitsu exclusives for the US version as well, when the game launched (for free, even!) so I figured there was a chance.

Not sure what magic voodoo Xseed Aksys pulled for BBCP then. But here is what I was told by our P4AU project lead when I brought it up:

oh-hell-no.gif

FluxWaveZ

I've never been more sure in my entire life

Even when it's presumed that Minazuki is the one ordering Shadows around, with Shadow Labrys being the only one to stand out in that particular scene (signifying uniqueness among the Shadows), and when "punk" and bossing others around is an aspect much more in line with Sho Minazuki than Chie? Not to mention where they are, which is a location where Sho has been shown hanging around a lot in other media.

PK Gaming

Even when it's presumed that Minazuki is the one ordering Shadows around, with Shadow Labrys being the only one to stand out in that particular scene (signifying uniqueness among the Shadows), and when "punk" and bossing others around is an aspect much more in line with Sho Minazuki than Chie?

Listen

When I make a prediction, I do it for real. I don't go half-way. I'm either the rightest man that ever lived to right, or i'm nothing.

klavier-guitars.gif

I stand by what I said.

I don't know why, but the idea of that actually happening makes me shake my head.

PK Gaming

Dr. DER didn't specify what kind of "good guy" she was going to be though. I laid it all out. I put my pride on the line. I am the true victor; he was just a stepping stone.

XKFDtwHm.jpg

DON'T MISS THIS MACHO GLORY

atlusprime

Atlus PR
So that Mitsuru alt. color we're supposedly not getting was shown off in yesterday's Atlus USA GAM stream.

I seriously just busted out laughing. Fucking well spotted. I guess GAM pulls from all color palettes? Either way, you just made a lot more work for our QA department and they all currently hate me (and by proxy, you.) :D

inb4 #hardinlied

Anyone remember the inputs for Rise's slap super and her Awakening?

Keep an eye out in the next week or two. Gotcha covered.

Andrefpvs

ATLUS just shot themselves in the foot.

I don’t know how much the rest of you know about Japanese fighting games culture (I’m an expert), but alternate colour swaps are a huge part of it. It’s not like it is in First Person Shooters where you can become successful by selling weapon DLC. If you release region-exclusive palette swap DLC, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the fighting game community, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase P4AU, nor will they purchase any of ATLUS’s other games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but ATLUS has alienated an entire market with this move.

ATLUS, publicly apologize and release this DLC for everyone (or alternatively a Lisa Silverman swap for everyone) or you can kiss your business goodbye.

ATLUS just shot themselves in the foot.

I don’t know how much the rest of you know about Japanese fighting games culture (I’m an expert), but alternate colour swaps are a huge part of it. It’s not like it is in First Person Shooters where you can become successful by selling weapon DLC. If you release region-exclusive palette swap DLC, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the fighting game community, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase P4AU, nor will they purchase any of ATLUS’s other games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but ATLUS has alienated an entire market with this move.

ATLUS, publicly apologize and release this DLC for everyone (or alternatively a Lisa Silverman swap for everyone) or you can kiss your business goodbye.

image.php

Top Bottom