• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Setsu00

Impressions:

The intro is very cool, but it's music isn't as good as other intros. Neat to include human Teddie. And Yu has all of it's stats (Dilligence, Knowledge, etc.) maxed up. Wow, so few minutes and now we're with Kanji lol Oh man, Dojima smacked Adachi! Hahahaha. Plan Up Close and Personal > Shopping with Green, Red and Marie.

"Partner! Partner! Partner! Partner!" Woah that plan is pretty specific. Lol at Kanji in his bike. WOO! AI!! Huh? Gyaru? Just shut up, Marie. Lolwut a man-woman and a cat? Oh god at Hanako. So Marie sings the ending song? That was pretty goof, but naked Marie was weird. The ending was pretty good.

So the next episode is about
the beach scene and the second day of the Culture Festival? I remember seeing some clips of those
, but if I remember right Marie wasn't on those events, hmm.

Overall the episode was pretty good, specially compared to the first one. I suppose the Up Close and Personal Plan (which was better than I expected) is the counterpart to P3's Operation Babe Hunt. In the game do you have the option to choose to go with the Plan or the shopping contest? Or those were just mashed up together?

A lot of those things were mixed together from various new scenes from Golden and Marie's s. link.

A lot of those things were mixed together from various new scenes from Golden and Marie's s. link.
Ahh, I see. So what can you do with the motorcycles aside from going to the Okina City? And I heard there was something about planting vegetables with Dojima and Nanako?

redhairedking

Are a lot of people in the thread picking up the Premium Edition? I have some extra credit at GameStop, so I may as well do it next time I'm out since I'm going to anyway. Thanks!

I have a preorder in at Amazon but may end up switching to the regular edition later. I'm not sure yet so I figured I might as well preorder the harder to get version.

abrack08

Ahh, I see. So what can you do with the motorcycles aside from going to the Okina City? And I heard there was something about planting vegetables with Dojima and Nanako?

You can also go to the beach whenever you like with the scooters.

And you can plant Vegetables with Dojima/Nanako. After a few days, you harvest them and can use them in battle. They have the same effects as the normal in game items but different, vegetable-y names. And when you work on it with with Dojima or Nanako you get some S.Link points or whatever to help get the next rank.

Tiu Neo

I like what they did with the second episode, it's much better that way.

Funny that they are changing and mixing things from the game, too, makes it a bit fresher for people who played P4G. The way they're building Marie's relationships with the other members of the investigation team is also better than it was on the game. I may even end up liking her on the anime :p

Wow the second episode was awesome lol. I was actually considering not keeping up with this show after a few episodes, but if they are all like this, I'm all in lol.

Arthos

I LOVED the second episode! It was great! I can't wait for the third episode!
Beach time!

Also, the credits were amazing. I loved the song as well as the video. Marie = <3.

FluxWaveZ

Someone pointed out to me that Labrys is in human form in this scene.

Interesting&#8230;

You're right, and I wouldn't think it was some kind of flashback since that scene didn't happen in P4A. Wonder if it's related to S. Lab's return...

Subbed Teddie trailer was uploaded a while back, but didn't see it posted here. Thanks as always, Pepsiman. Something real funny about everyone leaving Marie out.

Oh man, that second episode was amazing. I liked the first episode, but this one was way better.

I really like what they are doing with Marie. Here, her interactions with the IT feels more natural than in the game.
Also, I really didn't expected to see Ai in this episode.

Judging by the previews for the next episode,
they're even going to include Marie in scenes where she originally wasn't, so I'm looking forward to that. I can totally see Marie in the crowd at the concert in Junes. I wonder when they're going to start showing something about the Adachi Social Link...

The ending song is really good. And the opening is cool, too. I knew I was going to like this anime, but man, this episode had me laughing so hard. I can't wait for the next one.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
So yeah, that second episode was actually really good!

I wasn't too much of a fan of the first episode but now I see that the show's going with a "plot-be-damned" approach. So pretty much ng+ the anime.

I haven't seen much of the original P4 anime, but I really like how Yu is characterized in this one, a confident and charming, albeit a little blunt, all-around good guy. Also I like how he'll randomly have his glasses on even when he's outside of the Tv World lol. I have a hard time believing that Yu found it difficult to pick up girls even with all of his stats maxed out :p

Dantis

So guys, this VideoGamesPlus.ca site is trustworthy, right? If so, I might order P4U2 next week from them.

They are, but Amazon also ship abroad, if you're interested.

I actually want to give Arena another go at some point. See if I can get into it properly.

FluxWaveZ

So guys, this VideoGamesPlus.ca site is trustworthy, right? If so, I might order P4U2 next week from them.

Yes, very. Still gotta decide on a digital or physical Japanese copy on my end, but I'll probably go with the former to get it asap.

Atlus, where is release date? Everyone's pretty much confirmed it's September 30 already.

You're not in the US, Flux?

No, I live in Canada.

Dantis

Yes, very. Still gotta decide on a digital or physical Japanese copy on my end, but I'll probably go with the former to get it asap.

Atlus, where is release date? Everyone's pretty much confirmed it's September 30 already.

You're not in the US, Flux?

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
Still debating whether I'm to get the collector's editions of P4U and PQ. If I get one I HAVE to get the other, dem tarot cards. My wallet is crying.

Edit: nvm I'm dumb

FluxWaveZ

Still debating whether I'm to get the collector's editions of P4U and PQ. If I get one I HAVE to get the other, dem tarot cards. My wallet is crying.

It's weird that people keep saying this, when it has always been said that the tarot cards are included with the standard edition of Persona Q (P4AU doesn't even have an LE outside of Japan right now).

Meia

No CE for P4U for what anyone knows I think, and every version of the games have the Tarot cards. :)

I can understand the confusion though. Like 99% of the time it's been a CD soundtrack as the pack-in, not something like the tarot cards. No version of a soundtrack even exists for P4AU, right? Wondering how much new music, if any, is even going to be in it...

Just an FYI, but you get the tarot cards with the standard edition of both games. Also unless you are talking about the Japanese version, I don't think there has been a confirmed special edition of Ultimax for NA.

Edit: Oh wow , double beaten lol

I will mainly because I need a new 3ds case. Plus the art book and soundtrack are a nice bonus.

I have a preorder in at Amazon but may end up switching to the regular edition later. I'm not sure yet so I figured I might as well preorder the harder to get version.

Nice! Yeah, Atlus is generally pretty good about packing their games with tons of goodies, so I'm in - no question! ^_^

I just switched my order to the regular edition, didn't realize the case was for the 3DS XL . Oh well, tarot cards are still cool.

And if anyone wants a Destiny beta code, quote this post to see it.

FluxWaveZ

I can understand the confusion though. Like 99% of the time it's been a CD soundtrack as the pack-in, not something like the tarot cards. No version of a soundtrack even exists for P4AU, right? Wondering how much new music, if any, is even going to be in it...

That makes sense, concerning the tarot card confusion. There were people who were thinking that P4AU, PQ, P4D and P5 had their own separate sets, which was weird.

At first, music in P4AU was one of the things that I was concerned about, but it seems to be coming together nicely and they could have easily had an arrange album CD just like they did with the first game with the new tracks. There's:

- Break out of [...] (Vocals)
- Break out of [...] (Instrumental)
- Blood Red Moon
- Burning Inferno
- Youthful Spirit
- The Joker
- Mr. Easy-Going Man
- Twinkle&#9734;Star
- Pink Sniper
- [Redacted]'s theme
- New Velvet Room theme
- Marie's theme

Those are just the ones we know of now, too.

Nimby

Banned
I just switched my order to the regular edition, didn't realize the case was for the 3DS XL . Oh well, tarot cards are still cool.

And if anyone wants a Destiny beta code, quote this post to see it.

Can you account share the Destiny beta? If not I'll have a code myself shortly anyway.

Meia

I always get the CE's, but I already imported the 3ds xl case before it was announced as a pack-in for the PQ CE, so yeah, no real reason to get it now. :p

Tamanon

Banned
I thought the second episode of P4GA was great. They've basically turned it into a slice of life anime. Great to see Yu's social linking get hairy.

Also, the opening was great.

I always get the CE's, but I already imported the 3ds xl case before it was announced as a pack-in for the PQ CE, so yeah, no real reason to get it now. :p

I too imported the case before I knew Atlus was gonna toss it into the PQ CE for the NA release. Frankly, I'm toying with the idea of selling it once the CE arrives, since it's redundant to have the same exact case.

Anyways, I've been listening to the P3 OST for the past week and forgot how good it is as well as finally watched my copy of the P3 movie that I had just bought during AX. Kinda itching to play P3P on my vita in the meantime.

That makes sense, concerning the tarot card confusion. There were people who were thinking that P4AU, PQ, P4D and P5 had their own separate sets, which was weird.

At first, music in P4AU was one of the things that I was concerned about, but it seems to be coming together nicely and they could have easily had an arrange album CD just like they did with the first game with the new tracks. There's:

- Break out of [...] (Vocals)
- Break out of [...] (Instrumental)
- Blood Red Moon
- Burning Inferno
- Youthful Spirit
- The Joker
- Mr. Easy-Going Man
- Twinkle&#9734;Star
- Pink Sniper
- [Redacted]'s theme
- New Velvet Room theme
- Marie's theme

Those are just the ones we know of now, too.

I'm sure they will release a CD, I think Ultimax has enough new music to allow that. They could include the ending song, the music that plays before each fight and a few more.

FluxWaveZ

I wish the Persona Music tour would come over to the states. That would be amazing.

He actually teased something about this back in April.

I'm sure they will release a CD, I think Ultimax has enough new music to allow that. They could include the ending song, the music that plays before each fight and a few more.

Oh, for sure they'll release an OST at some point. It just seems like an arrange CD as a first-copy pack-in isn't happening as of yet.

Nice find. Now I'm really curious as to what P5's school logo will be.
It's already been leaked:

24cXt8M.jpg

Arthos

He actually teased something about this back in April.

Yup. When he came to perform in Argentina last month, I asked him about that, and he said that even though he knows it won't gather as much people as in Japan, he would love to do it in different countries.

OMG. That... Wow, I seriously hope this happens. Yeah, it won't be as big as it is in Japan but it'll be fun! They have even more music to perform now than they did before.

arue

I finally watched the second episode of P4GA. It was so much better than the first; I laughed way too much on this one.
I like how Kanji just pops up out of nowhere without any introduction. Marie feels more integrated in the story in this episode too. The scene with Hanako was absolutely hilarious and
I'm actually looking forward to the next episode.

Also, Dazzling Smile is amazing!

Dantis

Just watched episode 2. I am actually really impressed. I thought it was paced well, and genuinely really funny. The small things like when it played Determination from P4A were hilarious. The new opening is also excellent.

Did anyone think that the animation quality seemed lower than the first episode, though? Also, that ending video was so bad, and I wasn't a fan of the song, either. I'm also now convinced that Marie will be in P4D.

Finally, Narukami is great in this. He's halfway between Arena and P4A, I think, and it makes him really likeable.

Just arrived from Amazon Japan (am stoked that DHL didn't get lost delivering it but delivering so close to the end of the work day when they're a few blocks away, SMH).

Teaser of sorts as I'll open the bonus item at home.

Dantis

Just arrived from Amazon Japan (am stoked that DHL didn't get lost delivering it but delivering so close to the end of the work day when they're a few blocks away, SMH).

Teaser of sorts as I'll open the bonus item at home.

I hate you because my copy isn't here yet and I don't even get a bonus item with it. :(

Andrefpvs

Watched episode 2.

Marie is way too cute in this!

My impressions match mostly everyone else's here. I honestly think this episode was much more entertaining than the first one.

Now I really hope it gets dubbed! There's a chance, right?

Top Bottom