• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Just watched episode 2. I am actually really impressed. I thought it was paced well, and genuinely really funny. The small things like when it played Determination from P4A were hilarious. The new opening is also excellent.

Did anyone think that the animation quality seemed lower than the first episode, though? Also, that ending video was so bad, and I wasn't a fan of the song, either. I'm also now convinced that Marie will be in P4D.

Finally, Narukami is great in this. He's halfway between Arena and P4A, I think, and it makes him really likeable.

Yeah, me too. She's even in Ultimax, she has to be in P4D now :p

Caladrius

Did anyone think that the animation quality seemed lower than the first episode, though?

Animation budgets are generally highest for the first and last episodes. Anime is usually given quite a low budget so they really have to concentrate the expenses on key episodes.

PK Gaming

Just going to quote myself

P4GA 2

That wasn't too bad. Definitely more enjoyable than the first episode, since it exclusively focused on the Golden content. I'm glad they decided to have fun with Yu's character again; eccentric Yu who tries to please everyone (and fails) >>> cool guy mcperfect pants. The episode also gets points for making Marie actually fairly tolerable. This anime has pretty much solidified itself as a slice of life sitcom type show at this point, and i'm totally ok with that. This episode reminded me of the 2 episodes social link episodes from the original anime (which were hands down the best episodes in the original anime) so if they continue in that direction, I think I could actually end up enjoying this anime overall.

Other stuff:

-The art, while much better than before is still inconsistent and ugly at times (Especially Dojima. Dojima will always look like shit)
-I hate how they blatantly reused on the old anime OST. It really bugs the hell out of me!
-They're reaaaaaaally pushing the siscon thing with Yu.
-While i'm glad they showcased most of the potential flirt options for Yu, I wish they covered that angry phone call scene and the sexually ambiguous police officer!

tumblr_inline_n0jkliZCdT1qhaskl.jpg

Just watched episode 2. I am actually really impressed. I thought it was paced well, and genuinely really funny. The small things like when it played Determination from P4A were hilarious. The new opening is also excellent.

Did anyone think that the animation quality seemed lower than the first episode, though? Also, that ending video was so bad, and I wasn't a fan of the song, either. I'm also now convinced that Marie will be in P4D.

Finally, Narukami is great in this. He's halfway between Arena and P4A, I think, and it makes him really likeable.

Yeah, they hit the perfect sweetspot with his character

He's still characterized as the stoic, calm, and intelligent leader guy, but they gave him enough eccentricities to keep him entertaining. I'm really glad they didn't go down the route of making him the bland cool guy MC.

I hope they can keep it up.

I hate you because my copy isn't here yet and I don't even get a bonus item with it. :(

Well funny enough, Amazon Japan had two versions for order so I picked one of them and added to my cart (also bought the new Sherlock volume manga as well). Bought on the 15th and arrived today without DHL being shit.

Next month is Persona Music Fest BD & CD album. My wallet will weep soon enough.

LX_Theo

Banned
Well... Watched the second episode. Okay, I really like this anime now. 100% not for people new to the game, but I haven't laughed that much at at anime for so long.

You can also go to the beach whenever you like with the scooters.

And you can plant Vegetables with Dojima/Nanako. After a few days, you harvest them and can use them in battle. They have the same effects as the normal in game items but different, vegetable-y names. And when you work on it with with Dojima or Nanako you get some S.Link points or whatever to help get the next rank.
Ohh, those are very nice additions!
I haven't seen much of the original P4 anime, but I really like how Yu is characterized in this one, a confident and charming, albeit a little blunt, all-around good guy.
Yeah, I agree. He feels different from the P4A one. I really like how calm and nice he is to everyone. It's like how my vision of Narukami was when I played P4.

Rhapsody

Banned
If only I didn't have class in an hour.

Looking forward to episode 2. I enjoyed episode 1 for its silliness, so I should be ready for this one.

And also.. Marie is looking prettier than Chie and Yukiko... I don't know if this is on purpose since she is the new star of the show. lol

arue

I actually like Japanese Teddie aka Kuma's voice

Same here. I'm used to hearing his type of voice by watching Doraemon ever since I was little. His japanese voice is higher in pitch, but it fits his personality. His english voice sounds too deep for me though.

Just watched episode 2 of the animation. I'm wondering what the target audience they're going for. Way too abridged to be enjoyable for people who haven't played the games, and nothing new for people who have played them.

I guess it's just for people who played P4, but not P4G?

kewlmyc

So The Golden Animation Ep2 was pretty funny you guys. Just P4 hijinks the series and they're adding their own little twists to it. If the director is good at one thing, it's comedy (he did My Bride is a Mermaid which is one of the funniest anime I've ever seen).

Marche90

P4GA episode 2.

Yu's plan, while "doable" unlike the one I'm mentioning here, reminds me of Shiki and Shirou's in Carnival Phantasm. Failures ahoy!

Anyway, extremely funny episode. While the art style is kinda hit-and-miss, it's still better than that of the original anime.

Moonlight

Banned
Yeah, P4G episode 2 was really, really, really stupid.

But it was a fun kind of stupid, and I'm happy they didn't quite push the Mr. Perfect angle as far as I anticipated, because watching Yu's plan crumble was pretty good.

Tamanon

Banned
Yu's call to Nanako telling her he'll be home was so good. So over the top melodramatic, I thought it was from Attack on Titan.

kewlmyc

P4GA episode 2.

Yu's plan, while "doable" unlike the one I'm mentioning here, reminds me of Shiki and Shirou's in Carnival Phantasm. Failures ahoy!

Anyway, extremely funny episode. While the art style is kinda hit-and-miss, it's still better than that of the original anime.

It's funny because the director of Carnival Phantasm is doing this as well (Seiji Kishi). He's good at directing comedy, but that's pretty much it.

CorvoSol

Eternal Punishment

HOLY SHIT. The tech to make Strega and Mitsuru have Personas is based on Kandori's (and by extension Dr. Sonomura's) research on Maki in Persona 1.

*Kerboooom*

*doubletake*

KANDORI IS FUCKING ALIVE. Somehow that's more shocking than Hitler being alive.

So that item that came with my Persona Q OST? This:
07f872522342c194c6e4fa47802b74ea_zpsb6845732.jpg

Here's the CD with the bonus sticker (I've since put the sticker on my laptop's shell):
8e16fb4e9042ec5ff62e84a4c0481628_zpscef55866.jpg

I still don't understand why that makes a differences. Just don't get it. I can get worse presentation, but a complete block into the story?
Eh, I can understand that. My first time playing P3 was P3P and I stopped half way. Played FES and couldn't put it down.

Having a silent protagonist in a visual novel is a pretty strange idea. Half the time I didn't know if the MC was even in the scene. Played P3P after FES and enjoyed it much more, since I could visualize what was happening from FES.

So the version I picked up off Amazon Japan was their own LE apparently, thus the cool cloth poster.

So if you want it, it's still available to get.

Eternal Punishment

HOLY SHIT. The tech to make Strega and Mitsuru have Personas is based on Kandori's (and by extension Dr. Sonomura's) research on Maki in Persona 1.

*Kerboooom*

*doubletake*

KANDORI IS FUCKING ALIVE. Somehow that's more shocking than Hitler being alive.

Magic ain't it? It's the pacing that really sells it.

PK Gaming

Well I think this is only about the P4 Anime no?

I thought it was for P4AU and PQ.

It couldn't be, since his original replacement was a result of him busy because of his recent wedding, right? This time, it was because of his honeymoon. In any case, he's voiced Kanji beyond that point, so it wouldn't make sense for him to reference something that happened 2 years ago.

Top Bottom