• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

SuperLoserPeen2

Neo Member
__persona_q_hamuko_arisato_render____by_vhazzrhossze-d7czo3h.png

__persona_q_hamuko_edit___by_vhazzrhossze-d795pg6.jpg

My big brother showed these pictures to me. I was excited.
But then tells me they're fan art. I became disappointed. :(

MSMrRound

PSTV when it comes out, though.

RIP PSVitaTV. It bombed in Japan, and I don't see it selling like hotcakes here in Singapore as well.

Maybe it might fare better in NA and EU when it's out, since there's a higher number of PS4 adopters over there, so the next room remote-play stuff might be more appealing to them.

I might get one when it's out...and set it to the NA store, since my Vita's kinda locked on to the Region 3 store (and it's too much of a hassle to change).

Marche90

RIP PSVitaTV. It bombed in Japan, and I don't see it selling like hotcakes here in Singapore as well.

Maybe it might fare better in NA and EU when it's out, since there's a higher number of PS4 adopters over there, so the next room remote-play stuff might be more appealing to them.

I might get one when it's out...and set it to the NA store, since my Vita's kinda locked on to the Region 3 store (and it's too much of a hassle to change).

I'm still on the fence about a Vita 2000 or a PSTV myself. One is portable... but the other is cheaper and most, if not all games I want to play are playable there.

It's gonna be real weird if PQ and P4AU have significant ties, seeing how we're getting the games in a different order of release. Then again, it's not as though the developers would expect everyone who plays P4AU to have played PQ first, so I'm sure it would be fine.

I want Shadow Labrys and "Shadow" Labrys to meet each other.

The "labyrinth" mentioned in Margaret's trailer could be the tower that Yasogami High has transformed into. If I recall correctly, Tartarus was similarly referred to as a labyrinth because of its always-changing layout.

kewlmyc

Does anyone know whether Project Diva is supported by Vita TV?

I assume you mean Project Diva f.
Nope, at least not with the Japanese version of Diva on the Japanese VitaTV.

This is an updated and personal list that currently don't work on the Vita TV

SONY

- Freedom Wars
- Killzone Mercenary (confirmed to be patched in the future)
- Tearaway
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss
- Gravity Rush
- Wipeout 2048
- Unit 13
- Hot Shots Golf World Invitational
- Reality Fighters
- Little Big Planet
- Modnation Racers
- Sly 4
- Super Stardust Delta
- Escape Plan
- Playstation Battle Royale
- Little Deviants
- Monster Radar (+)
- Resistance Burning Skies
- Smart As
- Sound Shapes
- Open Me
- No Heroes Allowed: No Puzzle Either
- Flow
- Flower
- Doki Doki Universe
- Destiny of Spirits

SEGA

- Uta Kumi 575
- Hatsune Miku Project f
- Samurai & Dragons
- Phantasy Star Online 2
- Let's Make a Pro Soccer Club!
- Sonic All Star Racing Transformed
- Super Monkey Ball
- Virtua Tennis 4
- Jet Set Radio

BANDAI NAMCO

- Ridge Racer
- Touch my Katamari
- Tales of Heart R
- Super Heroine Chronicles
- Golden Time Vivid Memories

EA

- Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- Fifa Soccer
- Fifa 13
- Fifa 14
- Madden 13

WARNER GAMES

- Spy Hunter
- Batman Arkhan Origins Blackgate
- Injustice: God Among Us Ultimate

KOEI TECMO

- Dynasty Warriors NEXT
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

SPIKE CHUNSOFT

- Kamen Senshi / Guacamelee
- Terraria
- Virtue's Last Reward
- Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru

CAPCOM

- Street Fighter x Tekken

KONAMI

- Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
- New Little King History
- Silent Hill Book of Memories

SQUARE ENIX

- Army Corps of Hell

NIPPON ICHI

- Ciel no Surge

ACTIVISION

- Call of Duty Declassified

ACQUIRE

- Shinobido 2
- Sumioni
- Organrythm

UBISOFT

- Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation
- Asphalt Injection
- Rayman Legends

D3 PUBLISHER

- Dream Club Zero Portable

CYBERFRONT

- DJMAX Technika Tune
- WRC 3

KADOKAWA GAMES

- Photokano Kiss

GUNGHO

- Dokuro
- Ragnarok Online Ace

Q ENTERTAINMENT

- Guardian Hearts

COMPILE HEARTS

- Monster Monpiece
- Moero Chronicles

FURYU

- ToLove Ru Battle Ecstasy

RATLOOP

- Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken

SONIC POWERED

-@field

ASCII MEDIA WORKS

- Let's Fish!

TATE MULTIMEDIA

- Urban Trial Freestyle

EICONIC GAMES

- Total Recoil

AABB

- AABB Animals

FluxWaveZ

The "labyrinth" mentioned in Margaret's trailer could be the tower that Yasogami High has transformed into. If I recall correctly, Tartarus was similarly referred to as a labyrinth because of its always-changing layout.

That's what I'm leaning towards too, or that "labyrinth" refers to how twisted the outside world has become (like, why Yukari ends up in Club Escapade immediately from Inaba somehow).

There's some interesting stuff in that trailer. "Third trial" probably entails P4 (1); P4A (2); P4AU (3). And "inhabiting a special place within time" hasn't been mentioned since back when a bit of preliminary story info had come out for the game in 2013, so it's interesting to see it resurface. And, of course, there's the "meeting" she refers to at the end of the journey, and what that could mean.

Finally got to watch episode 7:

Adachi trying to kill Nanako, huh. Nice to see Adachi using a card to summon his Persona Dat backstory. Can't believe Yu technically took that little something that made Adachi's life somewhat enjoyable; the fact that Adachi has been jealous all this time makes the story better.
. This is where we learn that Yu is the true asshole in all of this.
Oh man, so even Adachi had his own cup?
Uggh, the Yu x Marie scene was so horrible, specially when the sun comes out of nowhere.
Adachi
vs Yu battle is the definition of epic, specially when they go physical, but
Ameno Sagiri appearing out of nowhere without saying anything and Yu destroying him with just one hit from Magatsu Izanagi was one of the most stupid scenes in the show lol So Marie is related to Izanami? Hmm.

And YEAAAH! Next episode's gonna be Christmas and Yu's going All Out Attack! But no guys in the preview, they better not take out their scene.

I seriously hope they don't bloat
the Christmas episode with Marie references and such.
It would be specially jarring if Yu, during one of his FREAKING dates, mention her:

Naoto: Senpai, maybe I... I should start wearing a girl's uniform? This is a big step fo--
Yu: Whatever, WHERE'S MARIE.
Naoto: But--
Yu: MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE

Anyways, I'm trying to get into the first half of Persona games - technically, I started both Persona 2 games, but I kind of lost my data in the process. :(
Are there any good LP-or-something-like-that of these games? I'll try to fastforward the horrible battle scenes, though.

Last question: Has P1 aged well? I think I want to try it as a summer snack
before I get -more- obsessed with SSB for 3DS
.Judging by your comments, it seems like it, more so than the trainwreck that is the P2 battle system.

cj_iwakura

Anyways, I'm trying to get into the first half of Persona games - technically, I started both Persona 2 games, but I kind of lost my data in the process. :(
Are there any good LP-or-something-like-that of these games? I'll try to fastforward the horrible battle scenes, though.

Last question: Has P1 aged well? I think I want to try it as a summer snack
before I get -more- obsessed with SSB for 3DS
.Judging by your comments, it seems like it, more so than the trainwreck that is the P2 battle system.

I still find it staggering that people think P2 has a bad battle system compared to P1...

But P1 is fine, yes. Once you get accustomed to formations, anyway.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
They better have that! I want to see Narukami's delicious tears of despair.

We all know what's gonna happen.
Narukami eats some chocolate and then Marie kisses him and they like do this 360 camera rotation like in those movies. Or and he eats Nanako's chocolate too.
:p

Oh, I'm talking from blissful ignorance. I just didn't click with P2's battle mechanics - even though the rest was golden. Playing the P2 duology kind of felt like ... uh... some metaphor of the sweetest sweet enveloped in toilet paper.

Again, thanks! I have to check if the game is on sale in Europe - I don't think so.

Naoto
Girl's Yaso High uniform
event please.

Yes, please.

I seriously hope they don't bloat
the Christmas episode with Marie references and such.
It would be specially jarring if Yu, during one of his FREAKING dates, mention her:

Naoto: Senpai, maybe I... I should start wearing a girl's uniform? This is a big step fo--
Yu: Whatever, WHERE'S MARIE.
Naoto: But--
Yu: MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE MARIE

I can totally see something like that happening at least at the beginning of the episode.

So after watching Golden's new events from the game, I think it's pretty obvious to say they are way better than the animarie's interpretation of them (still haven't watched New Year and the events after it but I'm pretty sure they will be better lol). Specially the fireworks scene since it actually has a plot instead of the cheesy scene we got now that I look at it.
And the (P4 spoilers)
Adachi and Yu confrontation is pretty darn great in the game too, and Yosuke scene after that is better without the Marie mention.

So after watching Golden's new events from the game, I think it's pretty obvious to say they are way better than the animarie's interpretation of them (still haven't watched New Year and the events after it but I'm pretty sure they will be better lol). Specially the fireworks scene since it actually has a plot instead of the cheesy scene we got now that I look at it.

And the (P4 spoilers)
Adachi and Yu confrontation is pretty darn great in the game too, and Yosuke scene after that is better without the Marie mention.
Yup, but I wonder why Golden didn't incorporate Marie into the new events, since the game tries to push on you that she's a part of the gang. It'd probably eliminate the issues most people had with her.

Yup, but I wonder why Golden didn't incorporate Marie into the new events, since the game tries to push on you that she's a part of the gang. It'd probably eliminate the issues most people had with her.

Isn't that the problem with the anime?

The problem with Marie is that she's an incredibly self-involved character. Things have to revolve around her because her amnesia side story+tsundere quirks is all she has to bring to the table.

Isn't that the problem with the anime?

The problem with Marie is that she's an incredibly self-involved character. Things have to revolve around her because her amnesia side story+tsundere quirks is all she has to bring to the table.

Well... That and her new Arcana worth of Personae
as well as connection to the antagonist.

The "let's make memories together" and "I appreciate the memories I have formed of you" thing Marie says everytime gets old very quickly, specially when we have another character that doesn't remember anything and his arc is about figuring that out.

And I never noticed how many amnesia characters Persona has. Teddie, Marie, Labrys, Rei, Zen. I don't remember if Metis also had some problem of memories too, but eh, Metis is pretty forgettable.

I decided to use Tumblr primarily due to the social aspect of that site. I figured I'd get a lot more exposure there without any "art friends". But to be fair, I haven't really looked into DeviantArt but I heard the community there can be really shitty.

Sorry, forgot to reply to this!

Basically, I asked on here what the best place to put all my art would be, and most people recommended Tumblr.

Thanks guys. I'll look into both platforms tomorrow. Setsu what's your tumblr?

Anyone in this thread that has a PS4, DOWNLOAD P.T and play it in the dark by yourself with headphones on. Make sure the volume is extra loud. Bloody brilliant.

Kazzy

To the art question - I'd definitely say tumblr should be your primary source. It seems much more flexible than other avenues. Deviantart had that communal aspect (whether you perceive that as creepy or otherwise), which I always seem to get the impression requires time to really 'infiltrate', as it were. Though for a site focused around the aesthetic, it sure is ugly and unintuitive.

If you really want to expose your work though, I'd say use them all (pixiv, etc);it never hurts!

Also, you should probably summon Chet Rippo into this discussion - he'd probably have a thing or two to add.

Top Bottom