• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Xenoflare

It couldn't be, since his original replacement was a result of him busy because of his recent wedding, right? This time, it was because of his honeymoon. In any case, he's voiced Kanji beyond that point, so it wouldn't make sense for him to reference something that happened 2 years ago.

I thought the original replacement was because of his honeymoon?

Well I don't really have any creditable sources, word of the mouth mutates quickly.

If that's the case we might be able to see him coming back again for DAN.

I thought the original replacement was because of his honeymoon?
I tried searching for it and only found this GameFAQs thread:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/641695-persona-4-golden/64884949

"Little Kuriboh (Yugioh Abridged) recently did an online stream of his charity event where he had voice actor guests like Erin Fitzgerald (Chie Satonaka) and Matthew Mercer (Leon S. Kennedy from RE6 and Damnation). Mercer mentioned that because of how Troy Baker recently got married and took a 3-week honeymoon trip to Italy, Mercer was hired to take over for Kanji Tatsumi for the 2nd half of the anime.

Link to the stream:
http://www.twitch.tv/cardgamesforcharity/b/346344178
at 5:26:18 into the video."

Xenoflare

I tried searching for it and only found this GameFAQs thread:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/641695-persona-4-golden/64884949

"Little Kuriboh (Yugioh Abridged) recently did an online stream of his charity event where he had voice actor guests like Erin Fitzgerald (Chie Satonaka) and Matthew Mercer (Leon S. Kennedy from RE6 and Damnation). Mercer mentioned that because of how Troy Baker recently got married and took a 3-week honeymoon trip to Italy, Mercer was hired to take over for Kanji Tatsumi for the 2nd half of the anime.

Link to the stream:
http://www.twitch.tv/cardgamesforcharity/b/346344178
at 5:26:18 into the video."

Well that settles it, that comment was for anime Kanji.

Maybe he got confused or doesn't know about Q and Ultimax?

Also, I kinda hated that in the first episode and the Velvet Room segment of the second episode Marie was lively and all "you're a vaka I hate you" and then for the whole second episode she just felt so lifeless and without any sign of emotion, like when saying she liked the steak/talked to Yukiko and Chie, the "ayi ayi" thing in the Junes TV section or when dealing with Ai. It really annoyed me, dunno if it's the voice or if that's just how Marie is supposed to be.

PK Gaming

phoenix-sweating(a).gif

I'm starting to think he wasn't even contacted for PQ/P4AU...

Xenoflare

Also, I kinda hated that in the first episode and the Velvet Room segment of the second episode Marie was lively and all "you're a vaka I hate you" and then for the whole second episode she just felt so lifeless and without any sign of emotion, like when saying she liked the steak/talked to Yukiko and Chie, the "ayi ayi" thing in the Junes TV section or when dealing with Ai. It really annoyed me, dunno if it's the voice or if that's just how Marie is supposed to be.

Well too bad.
1E7lhwU.png

PK Gaming

Unless the P4 anime was the last of the three that got VA'ed (Arena, Golden and Anime)

That's probably what happened.

In any case, check this out:

Troy's response was posted in February. Keep in mind, most of the other english actors (Amanda Winn-Lee, Michelle Ruff, etc) confirmed voicing their respective characters around that time period.

I think he's either playing dumb or he honestly doesn't know. Did something happen between Atlus and Troy?

Rhapsody

Banned
Saw P4GA episode 2. Not a bad episode. Again, I like that they're just having fun with stuff.
Also amused with the max stats for Yu in the OP.

That's just how she is. She'll react strongly to being embarrassed, but she doesn't know how to act when hanging out with people.

Xenoflare

I think he's either playing dumb or he honestly doesn't know. Did something happen between Atlus and Troy?

Even if something did happen, we'll never have real concrete information.

Maybe Atlus decided to replace Kanji forever to prevent VA flip-flopping? But then that wouldn't explain why Naoto's original VA got back for Arena and Golden.

Squire

Banned
Finally caught P4GA.

I liked episode 1 enough. I think the show looks slick, I like that Yu seems to be more forward and present while still reserved, and I like "Next Chance to Move On". I think it's a really easy listen and I expect it to get lots of love when we inevitably hear it played live.

Episode 2 I actually think was pretty awesome. I love the premise. Taking two completely separate events from the game and playing them against each other is a brilliant way to give Yu motivation - this episode does what the S. Link episode did in the original anime way better and more interestingly.

And then both events are played way up for laughs. They also came back to the Chie/Ai clash from the original anime. It was ridiculous (in a bad way) and out of place there, but I think it's brilliant here. Yeah, super solid episode.

I think the show is fun. I dig the aesthetic. Mostly if just reminds me how much I like P4 and why and that's cool. Seems like a great casual watch that's having fun with the source material for an audience that already knows if like the back of their hand.

Edit: Chie is adorable in Japanese. I love Erin (of course), but I've never really heard too much of her JP actress. Wonderful.

Xenoflare

Finally caught P4GA.

I liked episode 1 enough. I think the show looks slick, I like that Yu seems to be more forward and present while still reserved, and I like "Next Chance to Move On". I think it's a really easy listen and I expect it to get lots of love when we inevitably hear it played live.

Episode 2 I actually think was pretty awesome. I love the premise. Taking two completely separate events from the game and playing them against each other is a brilliant way to give Yu motivation - this episode does what the S. Link episode did in the original anime way better and more interestingly.

And then both events are played way up for laughs. They also came back to the Chie/Ai clash from the original anime. It was ridiculous (in a bad way) and out of place there, but I think it's brilliant here. Yeah, super solid episode.

I think the show is fun. I dig the aesthetic. Mostly if just reminds me how much I like P4 and why and that's cool. Seems like a great casual watch that's having fun with the source material for an audience that already knows if like the back of their hand.

Edit: Chie is adorable in a Japanese. I love Erin (of course), but I've never really heard too much of her JP actress. Wonderful.

Chie's JP voice reminds me of JP Yukari, which I appreciate.

Xenoflare

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I JUST MADE A PERSON RAGE QUIT ON P4A. Right before the match point

It was on purpose too, because he/she knew that it was my rank up match.

A F- Liz user (me) topped him/her a C+ Aigis.

I don't play fighting games that much but it's so amusing.

Edit: It could also be my internet fucking up.... but the disconnection happened right during the KO screen.

Xeno_V

So about P4G (regarding the game's ending part) ... I guess that spoilers are allowed but just in case I will spoiler tag the following:

I saw the ending where you just say bye to everyone and leave and now I can also go for the real ending I guess where you go after Izanami. Honestly I am not really sure if I want to go on, I enjoyed the gameplay a lot, but I lost interest to the story a long time ago. If I decide to do it is it worth it? How many extra hours of gameplay should I expect? What's the recommended level for this? MC is around 79-80 and the rest of the party is around 75. I went like this in Mandala and the bosses etc were a piece of cake btw.

PK Gaming

Some P4GA highlights:

tumblr_n8vra1sFM91qgiphpo1_500.gif

Man, this is one awesome ride!

tumblr_n8vs1b1okw1qgiphpo1_500.gif

This man is fucking adorable

tumblr_n8w0okBK031rvep16o1_1280.png

Hooking up with a kitty cat... is this the next frontier of social linking?!?

tumblr_n8vim5evOY1tght4uo1_500.jpg

In memory of Yu Narukami. He tried his best...

tumblr_n8vflljgoK1sv39x2o1_1280.jpg

So this is their new strategy on getting people to like Marie... interesting.

tumblr_n8vu27gfYF1qluh07o1_1280.png

This is just like my Japanese animes...

tumblr_n8vni7QWBK1rxo0v5o1_1280.jpg

(✿´‿`)

tumblr_n8jg6qSuTd1rdrzuxo5_250.gif

I'll say it again, this man is fucking adorable

So about P4G (regarding the game's ending part) ... I guess that spoilers are allowed but just in case I will spoiler tag the following:

I saw the ending where you just say bye to everyone and leave and now I can also go for the real ending I guess where you go after Izanami. Honestly I am not really sure if I want to go on, I enjoyed the gameplay a lot, but I lost interest to the story a long time ago. If I decide to do it is it worth it? How many extra hours of gameplay should I expect? What's the recommended level for this? MC is around 79-80 and the rest of the party is around 75. I went like this in Mandala and the bosses etc were a piece of cake btw.
In that level you are good to go. I think you shouldn't have trouble in the final dugeon and with the boss, you could end in an hour I guess. So it won't take too much from you so I think you should try end get the true ending.
Did you max Marie S Link? If you did that it will unlock exclusive content to the Vita version and an epilogue

@ Ganzlinger: No I didn't max this S. Link in time (for better or for worse).

Ah well, I still think maxing out that S.Link was worth it, despite hating the mechanic in the related dungeon. The extra content and that epilogue were so good.

I actually re-watch the epilogue from time to time, since it mentions P4 Arena in a way. But also, it's a good epilogue.

Xeno_V

Ah well, I still think maxing out that S.Link was worth it, despite hating the mechanic in the related dungeon. The extra content and that epilogue were so good.

I actually re-watch the epilogue from time to time, since it mentions P4 Arena in a way. But also, it's a good epilogue.

Well, for some reason I really gave up on the story after a certain point, I just didn't find it enjoyable. As long as I can go to the final dungeon and beat it in just a few hours without grinding and everything I will just do this just for the sake of it.

Finished my work and finally got a chance to see P4GA 02. So yeah this show is made exclusively for people who already played P4. Just bringing in Kanji like that with no other explanation would be confusing to say the least to someone that's unaware of P4's story. I like the combining of events to spice things up rather than being a 1-to-1 adaptation, since the people watching this would have already played the game and would have otherwise have been bored just watching the same events twice (at least that's what would have happened with me). The characters are great as always, especially Marie. Granted that may just be my bias for the best girl clouding my judgement but god damnit I don't care. All in all, watching P4GA is sort of like eating Mac and Cheese. There's nothing substantial but it just makes you feel good.

Also sick Ashita no Joe reference at the end.

Dantis

The characters are great as always, especially Marie. Granted that may just be my bias for the best girl clouding my judgement but god damnit I don't care. All in all, watching P4GA is sort of like eating Mac and Cheese. There's nothing substantial but it just makes you feel good.

Also sick Ashita no Joe reference at the end.

What is this.

Also, what's the reference?

Jintor

The artstyle seems a bit off here and there. Some of the Dojima scenes seem kinda offmodel, so do Chie and Yukiko sometimes. Still, it's fine enough for basically "Let's redo vidya cutscenes and make them seem a little bit more natural".

Still, I'm really enjoying this, it's kinda nostalgic. I'll probably end up watching it again when it comes out in English too... damn me...

Jintor

I wonder if you could a P4Animation supercut and just stitch everything together. I don't think Yu's personality is quite so crazy divergent that it wouldn't work

Hi Guys! Just got my account approved and posting for the first time :D.

Decided to use my first post here as I love the Persona series and can't wait for Persona 5.

tumblr_m92a2ktqZC1re133eo1_400.gif

What is this.

Also, what's the reference?

tumblr_n8vim5evOY1tght4uo1_500.jpg

is a reference to this

joe.jpg

Most people think that a character in this position is a reference to Gurren Lagann since they did the same thing (as well as a lot of other anime and manga) but Ashita no Joe was the one that did it first.

Jintor

I'm impressed at how well the Marie S.link (And even elements of the Ai s.link) got worked into the overall episode. Brilliant.

/edit oh my god beach episode. Oh my godddddddddddd

Decided to use my first post here as I love the Persona series and can't wait for Persona 5.

Welcome to the team, dude!

Don't_forget_you're_here_forever.jpg

(Unless you get banned like myself)

BTW, I liked the gif. lol

is a reference to this

joe.jpg

If you had not said, I would have guessed that the guy is Seiya from Saint Seiya after a loss against Shiryu in the Galactic Tournament lol

LX_Theo

Banned
I'm going to get some hate for this, but I kinda feel like he dodges the question here. He doesn't actually say why he isn't playing Kanji.
I'd say he, at least implying this, is saying he has moved on from the role and someone else has taken it over.

Oooh a New guy, QUICK answer the following questions!

Favourite Persona game?
Favourite S Links?
Favourite Persona Design?
What do you think of Arena/The Animation/The Movie/Golden Animation?

And the most important question of all...........
Who is your waifu/husbando?

Welcome to the group, things get strange here sometimes (just look at page 1).

Oooh a New guy, QUICK answer the following questions!

Favourite Persona game?
Favourite S Links?
Favourite Persona Design?
What do you think of Arena/The Animation/The Movie/Golden Animation?

And the most important question of all...........
Who is your waifu/husbando?

Welcome to the group, things get strange here sometimes (just look at page 1).

You forgot the most important one...

Who Da Man?!

(Also, welcome to the new folks!)

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member

Welcome friendo~
Social link go!

And for all of you that care, Majora's Mask 3D has apparently been leaked by Target and not our good friend Best Buy. Take it with a grain of salt, just in case.

Well, for some reason I really gave up on the story after a certain point, I just didn't find it enjoyable. As long as I can go to the final dungeon and beat it in just a few hours without grinding and everything I will just do this just for the sake of it.

Totally get that. Still, the S.Link did provide really nice closure for both the true ending of P4 and some funny moments in the epilogue.

Had you been able to max out the link in time, you are at a high enough level in the dungeon to not grind, since you're also high enough for the final.

If you're ever curious about both the added material, you can probably find it on YT.

Well, I broke down and preordered Persona Q to secure the LE. I'm going to have so many god damn Tarot cards.
My favorite are still the Tactics Ogre ones, though.

Top Bottom