• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

LX_Theo

Banned
They're two completely different genres, how would that even work?
Not sure. Probably would emphasize the social link/free time similarities, though.

Wouldn't that mean Persona characters would be killed in a crossover?
Maybe. Maybe not. Honestly, I just want to see several great casts interact with each other.

Yup. Especially if Junpei and Gundam managed to meet.
That would be extremely interesting. So many possibilities between all the characters from four games worth of cast members (what's P2 and P1, again?) between the two series.

hao chi

It's in development the same way that TLG is not canceled.

It's way too early to be that pessimistic. It should have been clear when the game was announced when all we saw was a teaser with artwork of the characters (not even original to SMT x FE, but pre-existing artwork) and a short clip showing a city that the game was extremely early in development.

I remember people had written off the Persona game on 3DS when it had been two years since the game was announced and we still hadn't heard anything, then we later got Persona Q. These things take time.

Squire

Banned
What day is Atlus' TGS show?

It's way too early to be that pessimistic. It should have been clear when the game was announced when all we saw was a teaser with artwork of the characters (not even original to SMT x FE, but pre-existing artwork) and a short clip showing a city that the game was extremely early in development.

I remember people had written off the Persona game on 3DS when it had been two years since the game was announced and we still hadn't heard anything, then we later got Persona Q. These things take time.

Wii U doesn't really have time though. It's easy to say that when the hardware is selling good/great, like with the 3DS. PQ is primed for success; SMTxFE is being made for a system with next to no install base.

It's Nintendos money to spend as they see fit (assuming they're paying for it), but "it takes time" doesn't really work here.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

People were writing off that Persona game because it was just on a list of potential franchises that COULD be released on it.

I mean, the PS3 listed "Shn Megami TenseI" as a potential game being released and.... yeah.

yuuki

What day is Atlus' TGS show?

Wii U doesn't really have time though. It's easy to say that when the hardware is selling good/great, like with the 3DS. PQ is primed for success; SMTxFE is being made for a system with next to no install base.

It's Nintendos money to spend as they see fit (assuming they're paying for it), but "it takes time" doesn't really work here.
of course it works, since no one is expecting that SMT X FE will save the WII U nor will nintendo let the wii u fall from there support like sony tends to to with unsuccesfull stuff (Vita)

hao chi

Nintendo has never killed a console early in its life, and they aren't known for rushing the development of games either.

Maybe SMT x FE will end up being canceled, but I'm not going to jump to conclusions just because we haven't seen it at this point.

Squire

Banned
of course it works, since no one is expecting that SMT X FE will save the WII U nor will nintendo let the wii u fall from there support like sony tends to to with unsuccesfull stuff (Vita)

I'm not talking about "saving the Wii U", I'm talking about selling enough copies to even be worth production. That's a question you start seriously asking yourself when you're making a niche calloborstion between niche franchises on a niche system. Nibtendo's a big company. Niche profits probably aren't crazy appealing.

Thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised if they moved it to 3DS.

Nintendo has never killed a console early in its life, and they aren't known for rushing the development of games either.

Maybe SMT x FE will end up being canceled, but I'm not going to jump to conclusions just because we haven't seen it at this point.

I never claimed either of those things.

I'm not talking about Nintendos habits I'm talking about the market. The market is in the habit of not buying the Wii U.

I know it's early, but it was announced at the same Direct as Yarn Yoshi and we've already seen that game and have it slated for 2015. Granted something like SMTxFE would be a bit more complicated than a platformer, but something should have come out to show it's development.

Nap1400

I know it's early, but it was announced at the same Direct as Yarn Yoshi and we've already seen that game and have it slated for 2015. Granted something like SMTxFE would be a bit more complicated than a platformer, but something should have come out to show it's development.

We saw real screenshots of Yarn Yoshi when it was revealed though. SMTxFE was just a teaser and nothing else.

We saw real screenshots of Yarn Yoshi when it was revealed though. SMTxFE was just a teaser and nothing else.

Did it? I totally forgot about that Direct so I don't know if they showed screens or not. They still should have waited for the ink to dry on that contract before going and announcing it.

So now that I finally completed to watch the P4G Let's Play series (I'm thinking of watching DR/SDR2 next), how would you guys rank the newcomers' IK in Ultimax? (excluding Margaret since we haven't seen her full sequence)

1-Ken and Koro
2-Yukari
3-[Redacted]
4-Junpei
5-Sho
6-Marie
7-Rise

I'm not talking about "saving the Wii U", I'm talking about selling enough copies to even be worth production. That's a question you start seriously asking yourself when you're making a niche calloborstion between niche franchises on a niche system. Nibtendo's a big company. Niche profits probably aren't crazy appealing.

I agree that a crossover between two niche franchises on a console that is also niche probably isn't going to set the world on fire but at the same time I would be surprised if it was moved to the 3ds at this point.

I mean the fact we haven't seen anything yet and the only thing that we've heard since the reveal is that it's "right on schedule" could be cause for concern, but then considering that when it was revealed last January nothing was shown it was likely super early and probably shouldn't have been announced thus we've heard nothing since as they've been working on it. I think it's too early to call that it's been moved just yet, especially considering we only recently saw more of yoshi's woolly world which was announced in the same direct.

So now that I finally completed to watch the P4G Let's Play series (I'm thinking of watching DR/SDR2 next), how would you guys rank the newcomers' IK in Ultimax? (excluding Margaret since we haven't seen her full sequence)

1-Ken and Koro
2-Yukari
3-[Redacted]
4-Junpei
5-Sho
6-Marie
7-Rise
I haven't watched the IKs enough yet to rank them, but I know for a fact that Marie's is somewhere near the bottom.
For supers though, Rise has to have the best one. You can win by timeout with her mini game.

I just realized I should have asked that in the Ultimax OT.
I haven't watched the IKs enough yet to rank them, but I know for a fact that Marie's is somewhere near the bottom.
For supers though, Rise has to have the best one. You can win by timeout with her mini game.
Oh yeah, I really like Rise's too. Pretty unique.

Mdesilva

Yukari's supers are okay (one is among the best in the game, even), but damn if they don't look lame as hell.

If we're just talking about visual flair (though this could apply to versatility as well), Minazuki has the best ones. As much as I hate him, it's pretty badass.

His IK is really cool too.

hao chi

You can also lose by timeout while doing her DDR super. :(

Not entirely sold on the new guys look yet but here for this so damn hard.
I wonder how the shuffle system will be in this game we have so little to go on.

Maybe more during TGS?

Squire

Banned
Not entirely sold on the new guys look yet but here for this so damn hard.
I wonder how the shuffle system will be in this game we have so little to go on.

Maybe more during TGS?

They've put out the trailer and now they're holding a stage show at TGS, so probably.

No way to know how much though.

hao chi

I never claimed either of those things.

I'm not talking about Nintendos habits I'm talking about the market. The market is in the habit of not buying the Wii U.

Canceling games isn't going to help with that issue.

They're publishing Bayonetta 2 knowing that it's a somewhat niche game but has a dedicated following and can make the system much more appealing for fans. They may go ahead with SMT x FE as well for the very same reason.

Edit: You may be right that they'll decide it's not worth it in the long run or move it to 3DS, but at this point I'm still expecting it to release on Wii U.

You know how badly I would pay to have Koromaru dancing around in a little hoodie?

I'd pay quite a bit for that.

I like the way you think. Koromaru and Kanji dancing together? Even better.

Edit: Yukari's a model now, right? So idol Yukari wouldn't be that much of a stretch, right?

...Right?

rObit

Banned
Any of you lot play CS? :)

KoNPH9A.jpg

Dantis

Peeeeeersonally, I don't think there'll be any P3 characters in there.

Like I've said before, at this point we don't even have the full Investigation Team confirmed.

So I just came across this tumblr page called Aigisquest. Just to give you an idea of the content on the page, here's my favorite:

Edit: I guess the image I posted is technically a scan, so I'll remove it just to be safe. The tumblr page is worth checking out though. There's some really funny stuff on there.

Top Bottom