• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

PK Gaming

Bw_NyJQIcAE0WTB.jpg:large

This anime is way too hardcore for me

Squire

Banned
NichM and atlusprime

Will there be another chance to buy any of the Persona t-shirts that were being sold during AX? I bought the Thanatos one but realize I should've sized down from what I got, so I was curious if Atlus will be selling the shirts ever again.

Thanks!

Just quoting because new page.

Soriku

I just listened to Dazzling Smile from the new P4 anime today. It's pretty good. The opening is OK.

Edit:

*watches ending*

WTF Shihoko Hirata is Marie? The lip syncing is so off lol.

why is she naked

Setsu00

I just listened to Dazzling Smile from the new P4 anime today. It's pretty good. The opening is OK.

Edit:

*watches ending*

WTF Shihoko Hirata is Marie? The lip syncing is so off lol.

why is she naked

It bothers me to no end that her lips form "-bu" when they should form "-ve" during "You how me how to live". I mean, I get where they're coming from, but that looks so awkward...

There should be some Euro news/events soon!

I demand more details!

sorry for breaking the flow of the convo

1) regarding persona q, how will each character from both teams address the protagonist you play as? since you can name both p4 & p3 mcs right at the beginning of the game regardless of which mc you play as

2) any disadvantage to play persona q on the 3ds xl? will it suffer from horrendous pixellation or no problem

judging from gameplay vids, persona q uses really nice dynamic 3d portrait for convos. but we all know how bad rune factory ps3's ingame portraits turned out... i pray p5's portraits do not look like tide of destiny

Zareka

1) regarding persona q, how will each character from both teams address the protagonist you play as? since you can name both p4 & p3 mcs right at the beginning of the game regardless of which mc you play as

What do you mean? I'm guessing they'll just refer to you by your name, or "Senpaaaai~/Senseeeeei~" if you're playing as the P4 Hero.

Fake edit: Oh wait do you mean how the protagonists will refer to each other? Again, guessing just by name. I can't see a reason why they wouldn't.

What do you mean? I'm guessing they'll just refer to you by your name, or "Senpaaaai~/Senseeeeei~" if you're playing as the P4 Hero.

Fake edit: Oh wait do you mean how the protagonists will refer to each other? Again, guessing just by name. I can't see a reason why they wouldn't.

remember sao hollow fragment? notwithstanding the terrible localization, you can name your chara at start of game, but the characters till call you "kirito" - literally, both in text and in voice - they call you kirito out loud

persona q has voice acting doesnt it? how will they pronounce the p3 & p4 mcs' name outload? are honorifics still present? "P4MC-kun" or "P4MC-Sempai"

remember sao hollow fragment? notwithstanding the terrible localization, you can name your chara at start of game, but the characters till call you "kirito" - literally, both in text and in voice - they call you kirito out loud

persona q has voice acting doesnt it? how will they pronounce the p3 & p4 mcs' name outload? are honorifics still present? "P4MC-kun" or "P4MC-Sempai"

The same way Persona 3 and Persona 4 do it, I assume. Just put the names in text but not actually voice it.

Zareka

First off, wow, that's SAO example is horrible. That's pretty hilarious that they just...ignored the fact you could name yourself completely.

Anyway, for speaking your name, I'm guessing they'll just go with their usual where any mention of the actual name is spoken as "he" or "him". If you've ever played Devil Survivor Overclocked you'll know what I'm talking about. It should be handled better than that, though, since this is being voiced with a nameable protagonist in mind from the outset.

That, or they'll come up with any manner of nickname just to avoid them saying your name. I'm thinking that's the entire reason for "partner", "leader, "sensei, "senpai" etc in Persona 4.

P3MC is known as Sub-Leader, while P4MC has many nicknames like Senpai, Sensei, Partner, Leader, etc. Though I'm pretty sure sometimes they refer to them as "name-kun".

First off, wow, that's SAO example is horrible. That's pretty hilarious that they just...ignored the fact you could name yourself completely.

Anyway, for speaking your name, I'm guessing they'll just go with their usual where any mention of the actual name is spoken as "he" or "him". If you've ever played Devil Survivor Overclocked you'll know what I'm talking about. It should be handled better than that, though, since this is being voiced with a nameable protagonist in mind from the outset.

That, or they'll come up with any manner of nickname just to avoid them saying your name. I'm thinking that's the entire reason for "partner", "leader, "sensei, "senpai" etc in Persona 4.

sounds good

as long as the characters in persona q doesnt actually say out load "Yu" or "Minato" then all will be good

but this gives p4's team slight advantage, they can call sempai, sensei, leader whereas the p3 team can only say... leader...

P3MC is known as Sub-Leader, while P4MC has many nicknames like Senpai, Sensei, Partner, Leader, etc. Though I'm pretty sure sometimes they refer to them as "name-kun".

sub...leader? what is that?

you name "lastname-kun"... right? assuming pq allows you to input both first and last names

sub...leader? what is that?

you name "lastname-kun"... right? assuming pq allows you to input both first and last names
Aigis calls him that in one of the trailers, so I assume most of the SEES at least refers him as that.

I don't remember well enough how they were used in P3 and P4, but I think it depends on the character who is talking.

Sophia

The P3 cast generally refer to him as "Leader" as a nickname. It's a recurring thing in the drama CDs. Even people at Gekkoukan have apparently picked up on it, lol.

The P4 cast refer to him as "Partner" or "Senpai" usually, as they did in Persona 4.

Presumably, whoever you don't pick will be referred to as the sub leader. And of course the written name will be used in non-voiced parts.

The P3 cast generally refer to him as "Leader" as a nickname. It's a recurring thing in the drama CDs. Even people at Gekkoukan have apparently picked up on it, lol.

The P4 cast refer to him as "Partner" or "Senpai" usually, as they did in Persona 4.

Presumably, whoever you don't pick will be referred to as the sub leader. And of course the written name will be used in non-voiced parts.

thanking for clarification. but it very weird to imagine yukari calling p3mc leader instead of darling or more personal nickname

is there option for last name in pq naming mc?

Sophia

thanking for clarification. but it very weird to imagine yukari calling p3mc leader instead of darling or more personal nickname

is there option for last name in pq naming mc?

.... have you ever played Persona 3? Yukari's about as formal as they get at times. :p

At any rate, you fully name both protagonists, as you did in their respective games.

Zareka

One thing I'm worried about name-wise is the character limit. Trying to fit a name in with Devil Survivor's 5 character limit on a last name was awful. I hope that's not a limitation across all 3DS games.

.... have you ever played Persona 3? Yukari's about as formal as they get at times. :p

At any rate, you fully name both protagonists, as you did in their respective games.

what really?
i saying this because rise is lover's tarot card, yukari is also lover's card, so i thought she will be more darling like. i think it was confirmed on gamefaqs that even if there are no social links in pq, rise still is in love with p4mc, and yukari is also like this to p3mc

one thing that has always been interesting is the
marriage event in the game, so i guess rise will be fuming mad if p4mc picks yukari as his "marriage/soul partner", or if p3mc picks rise... wonder if rise will reacting

QuadOpto

One thing you should never do is trust gamefaqs 100% on anything.
While Rise obviously still crushes on the P4MC really hard, it's still not actually confirmed as requited in the game.

Likewise, from what I understand, Yukari doesn't really make much mention of having a crush on the MC, even less so an actual relationship going on between them

Also, Yukari's not really the type to call anybody "darling".:p

Sophia

One thing I'm worried about name-wise is the character limit. Trying to fit a name in with Devil Survivor's 5 character limit on a last name was awful. I hope that's not a limitation across all 3DS games.

Atlus games in Japanese usually have a three-character limit for first and last names respectively. I would assume Atlus will stick to the standard of expanding that to eight characters, as they have done for Persona 3, Persona 4, and Nocturne.

what really?
i saying this because rise is lover's tarot card, yukari is also lover's card, so i thought she will be more darling like. i think it was confirmed on gamefaqs that even if there are no social links in pq, rise still is in love with p4mc, and yukari is also like this to p3mc

It's only $9.99 if you have a PS3. Sadly it's $19.99 if you only have a PSP or Vita.

But yeah, Yukari doesn't act like that. The arcana of the character is much an indication of role as it is personality. She does have a lot in common with Rise however.

I'll not say anything about your second spoiler because we're not suppose to be discussing that in here, as indicated by the topic title. :p

what really?
i think it was confirmed on gamefaqs that even if there are no social links in pq, rise still is in love with p4mc, and yukari is also like this to p3mc

As QuadOpto said, that's your problem right there.

As for everything else (PQ)
there is not any "canon" love interest for either MC, so there won't be any overt romantic dialogue, with any character. There might be flirting sure, but nothing that in any way confirms any sort of romantic relationship. PQ isn't about romance, which was totally optional and based on player choices in P3 & P4.

But PQ isn't out yet in NA or the EU, so we should probably stop discussing it in this thread. No PQ spoilers after all.

ok i no discuss pq stuff anymore especially things considered to be spoilers, didnt really see the title heading properly

thanks for clarifications on the yukari questions

Zareka

Atlus games in Japanese usually have a three-character limit for first and last names respectively. I would assume Atlus will stick to the standard of expanding that to eight characters, as they have done for Persona 3, Persona 4, and Nocturne.

I hope so. Now I think about it, Soul Hackers had an 8 character limit, so maybe it's more likely than I thought.

CorvoSol

But the MC leads them in combat. If Mitsuru's the boss, what does that make him? Some kind of... bigger boss? A Big Boss?

Wait...

Olz7oXI.jpg

Perfect.

Mitsuru's their boss but MC is the team leader. As in they work for Mitsuru, but MC is the one issuing commands. Kinda like you work for the CEO, but your team leader on a project is the one giving commands.

Top Bottom