• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Mitsuru's their boss but MC is the team leader. As in they work for Mitsuru, but MC is the one issuing commands. Kinda like you work for the CEO, but your team leader on a project is the one giving commands.

Yeah, makes sense. After all, it was Mitsuru who pointed Makoto as the leader... She could replace him if she wanted, technically speaking.

To be fair, it's only SOME of the P3 folks meeting the P4 gang.
Makoto and Shinjiro say hi
Yeah, and even then, during most of the part the members of the IT (except for Naoto I think) only truly interact with one of the Shadow Operatives and then maybe have a few win quotes against the others of them.

Also I must admit I've spoiled Ultimax for myself ;_; Only the major plot points though, so the one thing I'm looking forward the most to now are the character interactions.

Mitsuru's their boss but MC is the team leader. As in they work for Mitsuru, but MC is the one issuing commands. Kinda like you work for the CEO, but your team leader on a project is the one giving commands.

Yeah, you're definitely right. I just wanted to make the Makoto = Naked Snake joke, which was admittedly a bit of a stretch.

Thanks for posting that PQ article MSMrRound! The more of it I see in English, the more excited I am to play it.

Still gonna be a good while until it is out though. Got plenty to get busy with. I mean Ultima is dropping at the end of the month, so that will satiate that Persona hunger for a good while.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
NichM and atlusprime

Will there be another chance to buy any of the Persona t-shirts that were being sold during AX? I bought the Thanatos one but realize I should've sized down from what I got, so I was curious if Atlus will be selling the shirts ever again.

Thanks!

So I just found out about this today: http://www.crunchyroll.com/search?from=store&q=atlus

Thanks for posting that PQ article MSMrRound! The more of it I see in English, the more excited I am to play it.

Keep an eye out for more previews today :3

But the MC leads them in combat. If Mitsuru's the boss, what does that make him? Some kind of... bigger boss? A Big Boss?

Wait...

Olz7oXI.jpg

Perfect.

What good's a leader who's blind.

Sophia

Destructoid has a PQ preview up, complete with an English Mitsuru trailer:

Here

Etrian Odyssey roots show in a trio of specific attack types. Characters will have either cut, stab, or bash attack types that have to be factored into the attack plans as the rock/paper/scissors rules come into play with these. I didn't see this play out early on, but knowing Atlus we'll end up in battles where you'll have to be sure to be set up just right to win.

*facepalm*

Apparently, Dale North doesn't remember Persona 3 that well. >_>;

Zareka

IGN has the Yosuke trailer up. Not sure where their preview is though :|

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/09/09/persona-q-yosuke-trailer

Forgot how much I missed Yosuke's "partner!" talk. "Yu" and "Narukami" just sounds so...wrong.
I love these trailers, but the in-battle voices sound way too compressed
Good god. Just heard the trailer and those are GBA levels of compression. Hopefully it's just the video and it'll sound a bit better coming from the 3DS speakers. :p

Edit: alright who just bought that last persona 3 wallscroll cuz i've got some FIGHTIN words to have with you

MSMrRound

damn!! this is not look so good from visual stanpoint

I think it's better to give the trailers a look. Screenshot don't really do much justice to 3DS games.

*Envying John's new Matcatz Persona fighting stick* If I ever get one...I might just go for that one...

Andrefpvs

Working on fixing that for the next set.

Oh, so you mean the voices in-battle won't have that compressed quality from the other trailers? Great news if true!

Either way, I can't wait for this game. It'll be a joy to play, and will come out in Europe in the same week as North America *_*

Dantis

damn!! this is not look so good from visual stanpoint

Yeah, it's not a great looking game, for sure. The in-game conversations are probably the worst looking bit.

I'm still really interested in it though, even though I'm 90% sure that it will all be fan service fluff.

The IGN preview is up (here) and one line from it caught my eye:

You'll also be assisted by a Battle Navigator, who can be issued commands via the Leadership Skill ability. (There's also a Labyrinth Navigator that will help you off the battlefield; both Fuuka and Rise can be assigned to one or both of these roles.)

I find it interesting that you can use both navigators to do different things in game. I'm not sure how much help a Labyrinth Navigator will be though, but that's the kind of thing one can only figure out by playing the game for yourself.

As for the chibi art style, I quite like it. It's perfect for a fun spinoff full of fan service, because it's familiar while being just different enough to distinguish itself. Plus, Soejima did a fantastic job of the chibi renders, so the art style has a good basis there.

Edit:
FireSol said:
Nope, chibi is not cute at all, cast lost their personalities and become generic as hell

I'm just curious, if you dislike the chibi style so much, why are you using it as an avatar?

Dantis

Really? Sweet. I can't wait to hear them!

Can you believe that P4GA is almost over?

I can't, actually.

Really looking forward to the epilogue episode. It'll be nice just to see everyone looking like that, and we can decide if it was lazy to give Rise, Chie and Naoto three-quarter length shorts.

Nope, chibi is not cute at all, cast lost their personalities and become generic as hell

Your avatar makes this statement very confusing.

If I had my elitist Persona head on, I'd point out that as nothing past the original Persona 4 has been particularly faithful in tone to the original game (INCLUDING GOLDEN, COME AT ME), PQ condensing the characters down to fan favourite traits (as I'm sure it does) is really nothing new at all.

Setsu00

If I had my elitist Persona head on, I'd point out that as nothing past the original Persona 4 has been particularly faithful in tone to the original game (INCLUDING GOLDEN, COME AT ME), PQ condensing the characters down to fan favourite traits (as I'm sure it does) is really nothing new at all.

I agree 100%.

Destructoid has a PQ preview up, complete with an English Mitsuru trailer:

Here

IGN has the Yosuke trailer up. Not sure where their preview is though :|

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/09/09/persona-q-yosuke-trailer
AAAAAAAAAAH I NEED TO WATCH THEM BUT I'M IN SCHOOL RIGHT NOW
I don't see that all. imo Soejima captured perfectly the best traits of each character while making the PQ designs.

Dantis

It's all about that warm sensation when you see a puppy or a bunny. That "Aw, that's so cute! I wanna hug it!" kind of feeling.

I sincerely do not feel that when I look at the PQ art, particularly the in game stuff.

Then again, I'm not into cute stuff full stop, so my opinions are pretty much worthless in this conversation.

While I generally love the PQ sprites...

I...

(in the lowest possible voice): dislike Yu's...

The only characters who I dislike are Junpei and Kanji, because Soejima's new thing is to make them deformed and ugly, and I think that's dumb.

Top Bottom