• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

MSMrRound

Nope, chibi is not cute at all, cast lost their personalities and become generic as hell

image.php

I sincerely do not feel that when I look at the PQ art, particularly the in game stuff.

Then again, I'm not into cute stuff full stop, so my opinions are pretty much worthless in this conversation.

Nah, your opinions are always relevant. You are a skillful artist. I'm just saying that I don't have an empiric reason to what is or is not cute. xD

The only characters who I dislike are Junpei and Kanji, because Soejima's new thing is to make them deformed and ugly, and I think that's dumb.

I agree with this. Seems unecessary to portrait them like that. Kanji looks like as if he was Quasimodo.

Freakmonkey

Neo Member
Was drawing akihiko, then went onto something else when I realized how derp the eye placement was. I hate when you draw for so long that you just feel tired and don't want to do anything else, the same feeling comes back when I play Arena for too long. Gotta get out of the fatigue.

Looking at it, I hope my gamble with the 3DS capture board pays off.

Well it depends on what you wanna do with it. All I was saying withe my post was that footage from YouTube isn't and indicative of how it looks on the 3DS screen, since the res on it is so low. The jaggies and such get lost in there thanks to that, making the game look better

Just watched the trailers. Mitsuru sounds Mitsuru. Yosuke sounds Yosuke. I'm gonna use them both.

Thank god they took out Mitsuru's scream, and the addition of the cutscene was nice. I'm glad that with Yosuke they put in there more Yosuke-like lines (Haste makes paste.....Waste.), Yosuke's JP trailer was way too serious lol (not that it's bad really).

Working on fixing that for the next set.

I don't getting how you can fix the voice quality for the next trailer, you guys already finished recording

i watching a lot of gameplay vids jpn version and the battle voice quality is always compressed compared to normal cutscene dialogue

do you saying that atlus usa will give us higher quality audio quality than then jpn version?

Well it depends on what you wanna do with it. All I was saying withe my post was that footage from YouTube isn't and indicative of how it looks on the 3DS screen, since the res on it is so low. The jaggies and such get lost in there thanks to that, making the game look better

I just want decent recordings of PQ, SMT4 and FE:A for reviewing/posterity. The gamble lies in whether my macbook can do it, otherwise I've just sunk >$400 on a slightly chunkier version of an already inferior piece of tech.
Though I am kind of worried if the audio during the battles will sound muffled like in the trailers.

PK Gaming

YU NARUKAMI YOU ARE BUT CASUAL SCUM. WHY DON'T YOU BE THE PROTAGONIST OF A REAL SHAN MEGOOMI TENSAY GAME LIKE NOCTURNE OR STRANGE JOURNEY
tumblr_inline_nbm40ofcCc1qdyshm.png

>You explain that You only want to feel good with your Inaba friends and a comfortable atmosphere.
>SMT and Persona 1-2 are unappealing to you because you are not the protagonist of them. Plus, one of your many beloved WAIFUS Chee, only exists within Inaba.
>You explain that the other protagonists are free to be how they are, but you will stick to Personas.
>This defense for casuals raises your Courage significantly.

SOURCE

atlusprime

Atlus PR
I don't getting how you can fix the voice quality for the next trailer, you guys already finished recording

i watching a lot of gameplay vids jpn version and the battle voice quality is always compressed compared to normal cutscene dialogue

do you saying that atlus usa will give us higher quality audio quality than then jpn version?

...No. I meant our video guy will try to fix the capture settings so the audio sounds less compressed. Nothing is getting rerecorded, and I imagine the audio quality will be exactly the same.

CorvoSol

Isn't the problem with the battle audio that it's just coming like, directly out of the machine or something? That's what it felt like to me, like it was just an error and not how it'll actually sound.

...No. I meant our video guy will try to fix the capture settings so the audio sounds less compressed. Nothing is getting rerecorded, and I imagine the audio quality will be exactly the same.

thanks for confirming

so you are saying that the battle audio quality is indeed lower than the standard cutscene audio quality then...? still going to get the game but disappointing that an original 3DS title cannot match the enhanced port of persona 4 on the vita

thanks for confirming

so you are saying that the battle audio quality is indeed lower than the standard cutscene audio quality then...? still going to get the game but disappointing that an original 3DS title cannot match the enhanced port of persona 4 on the vita

Shouldn't that be expected though, I mean the 3DS' specs are lower than the Vita's.

Sophia

thanks for confirming

I think what Atlusprime is saying is that specific part of the trailer had it's audio recorded directly from the game itself. And the audio quality was compromised during the attempt to capture it. Not that the game's audio is actually that bad.

MSMrRound

BxL1nQDCEAAWZlt.jpg

(from RPGSite's Twitter)

Holy shit.

Exclusive to GameStop only.

WHY ISN'T THERE A GAMESTOP HERE IN SINGAPORE ;_;

On the other hand...new 3DS...argh....

Sophia

I feel really bad knowing I can't actually get that limited 3DS now that it's coming out in the US. But the moment something got announced that was New 3DS only, I'd regret every cent of that purchase.

Goddamnit Nintendo. :\

Tiu Neo

BxL1nQDCEAAWZlt.jpg

(from RPGSite's Twitter)

Holy shit.

Exclusive to GameStop only.

WHY ISN'T THERE A GAMESTOP HERE IN SINGAPORE ;_;

On the other hand...new 3DS...argh....

Good thing I got a new Zelda 3DS XL a few months ago. Being Gamestop exclusive also makes it very easy to resist importing it.

Rhapsody

Banned
Nice that they're bringing it over for those that want it. Outside of collectors and the hardcore, the new 3DS is going to hold people back but oh well.

Sophia

I don't get it? Are they having production issues with the game? Is having the game in the box something only Nintendo first party games get? Who exactly gave the okay to have a themed 3DS after a specific game, and not actually have the game in the box?

That just seems.... so weird. I totally want to buy this unit, but all these issues are working against it pretty badly. :\

Smash Bros one has the same issue, which leads me to suspect this is on Nintendo of America.

Rhapsody

Banned
Also of note, that 3DS does not come with the game.

Hm... I actually don't think that's a bad thing if you don't have to pay premium price.

If it's a standard XL price, I'm cool with that since I like physical copies more.
Had to do that for Fire Emblem Awakening...

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Hm... I actually don't think that's a bad thing if you don't have to pay premium price.

If it's a standard XL price, I'm cool with that since I like physical copies more.
Had to do that for Fire Emblem Awakening...

It's the same price as a standard 3DS XL.

Top Bottom