• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

it should have been her time

wwAO7sI.png

in the end though, im not exactly mad about it, but a tiny bit disappointed if she is the final character. slightly underwelming but if shes the final in the end, its all good.

i dont exactly trust that pic yet either

LX_Theo

Banned
Do those pieces of artwork exist elsewhere for Magaret and Marie? Because I'm inclined to believe a person who would fake this couldn't produce that quality of art in the right style to fake this.

arue

Like Buddha said, I'm also disappointed if Margaret is the last character. It would make sense if [Redacted] is the last one, not Margaret.

Do those pieces of artwork exist elsewhere for Magaret and Marie? Because I'm inclined to believe a person who would fake this couldn't produce that quality of art in the right style to fake this.

I never seen those artwork before and the art style fits perfectly with the rest of the characters, so I doubt it's a fake.

Maya's outfit would look great if it weren't these heart shapes in the bust.

It is good that it looks weird because its supposed to. Maya canonically has no fashion sense, she usually has her room mate Ulala Serizawa pick out her outfits. The hearts on boobs outfit she wears, she found it for like 100 yen on a fire sale and she jumped on it. She only wears it during interviews though.

FluxWaveZ

Alright, #teamreal.

Can we be happy that we're getting a new character instead of being a GameFAQs crazy and scream about how the messiah hasn't returned? In retrospect, it kind of makes sense since DLC characters wouldn't be as integral to the story as the ones already included (excluding Redacted), and everyone after Redacted was naturally going to be DLC. Plus, Margaret would have been the only one left out when the rest of her crew are hanging out in the real world.

Alright, #teamreal.

Can we be happy that we're getting a new character instead of being a GameFAQs crazy and scream about how the messiah hasn't returned? In retrospect, it kind of makes sense since DLC characters wouldn't be as integral to the story as the ones already included (excluding Redacted), and everyone after Redacted was naturally going to be DLC. Plus, Margaret would have been the only one left out when the rest of her crew are hanging out in the real world.

What about Igor?

Alright, #teamreal.

I was going to make a Theodore joke but now that I remember he is indeed in the real world with some of the P3 crew.

Alright, #teamreal.

If we were going to get a new character that's not the Messiah, I would have greatly preferred Theo to Margaret. I feel like any of the attendants will be too similar to Liz anyway though, but I guess we have to wait and see. In the end new character though, so woot i guess. Now time to prepare my ears for Margaret's new VA. shudder.

Xenoflare

I wonder how different Marge would fight compared to Liz. She might be using a Persona of the Empress Arcana, knowing her S.link, but which one though........ because if that's the case she'd using a Kaneko designed demon, she's probably getting something new entirely if she IS playable.

Also this makes sense why the new VA re-recorded the old lines if she's playable though.

I'm still salty that they decided to mix the voices for Naoto and Kanji.

Xenoflare

If we were going to get a new character that's not the Messiah, I would have greatly preferred Theo to Margaret. I feel like any of the attendants will be too similar to Liz anyway though, but I guess we have to wait and see. In the end new character though, so woot i guess. Now time to prepare my ears for Margaret's new VA. shudder.

Well you have to bear for Asbel being Theodore if Theo is playable, remember Travis Willingham is not reprising Theo.

PK Gaming

Alright, #teamreal.

Right. It's unfortunate that [Redacted] didn't make it in, but at the end of the day, a new character is a new character. I'm really interested in seeing how she fights. Will she use multiple Personas for different moves (is that even feasible?)

LX_Theo

Banned
Right. It's unfortunate that [Redacted] didn't make it in, but at the end of the day, a new character is a new character. I'm really interested in seeing how she fights. Will she use multiple Personas for different moves (is that even feasible?)

*Shrug*

Maybe she'll use Igor as her Persona slot

(Sits in a corner, rocking back and forth and muttering to self)
C'mon, man. He'll still show! It's all in the foreshadowing! There's no way they'd not follow up on that!
... Right?

EDIT: Oh, bugger it all, it's just part of Aigis!

If this turns out to be true and Margaret is playable, which she may not be, for all we know she may just be story critical, then I think Atlus made the right choice.

I expected Margaret, wanted Dojima, but am so glad it's not [REDACTED].

Plus, you never know, this may not be the last character anyway.

Moonlight

Banned
I've kinda been expecting Margaret since Arena 2 got announced, so... not much skin off my back, haha.

Her pulling out a different Persona for each special would be cool, even if I'm not sure how feasible it'd be.

FluxWaveZ

Plus, you never know, this may not be the last character anyway.

Nah, this time, I think it's safe to say that the last character will be Margaret, unless they're pulling the craziest surprise ever with a 10th new character only being revealed once players have discovered it for themselves... Which I really, really doubt. It goes:

April = Rise
May = Ken and Koromaru
June = {Redacted]
July = Marie
August = Margaret

it should have been her time

in the end though, im not exactly mad about it, but a tiny bit disappointed if she is the final character. slightly underwelming but if shes the final in the end, its all good.

i dont exactly trust that pic yet either

It's always her time! ^_^

I'm excited for the Margaret addition, though!!

Squire

Banned
My money is still on one set Persona for Marge. Maybe they can give her a few specials that use stock art or something (and that sounds awful thinking about it), but sprite work is no joke.

I actually commend them for animating Ken, Koromaru, and Ken's persona.

Nah, this time, I think it's safe to say that the last character will be Margaret, unless they're pulling the craziest surprise ever with a 10th new character only being revealed once players have discovered it for themselves... Which I really, really doubt. It goes:

April = Rise
May = Ken and Koromaru
June = {Redacted]
July = Marie
August = Margaret

Margaret is probably the less impactful new character (she was always expected to appear imo). So It's kinda weird Atlus choose her to be the last one to be announced.

PK Gaming

Yeah, it would be way cool if Big Marg used like Yoshitsune for her standard Persona attacks, Helel for skills, etc.

The sprite work would be insane though. Like a single Persona alone has an inordinate amount of frames.

FluxWaveZ

Margaret is probably the less impactful new character (she was always expected to appear to me). So It's kinda weird Atlus choose her to be the last one to be announced.

That's where my thought process was before, but I think there's something I didn't consider, and it's the property inherent to a DLC character: the fact that they're "additional." NichM stated that [Redacted] is not on the disc, and it's likely that Marie and Margaret won't be either, as DLC characters who will be released after the game launches.

It's possibly mentioned in this Famitsu interview, but Wada possibly states something about how Marie being an additional character via DLC might have made it so their work isn't over yet, something that would be applied to Margaret as well. It could have been that things mostly ended from a "core importance/significance" standpoint with [Redacted], and they added Marie and Margaret because it only made sense (especially if they're part of the story in an important way).

Squire

Banned
Yeah, it would be way cool if Big Marg used like Yoshitsune for her standard Persona attacks, Helel for skills, etc.

The sprite work would be insane though. Like a single Persona alone has an inordinate amount of frames.

If they can do it they'll have my respect. When you consider the work involved, I think it'd be well worth the (probably) $8 asking price. Safest assumption is one persona though, yeah.

That's where my thought process was before, but I think there's something I didn't consider, and it's the property inherent to a DLC character: the fact that they're "additional." NichM stated that [Redacted] is not on the disc, and it's likely that Marie and Margaret won't be either, as DLC characters who will be released after the game launches.

It's possibly mentioned in this Famitsu interview, but Wada possibly states something about how Marie being an additional character via DLC might have made it so their work isn't over yet, something that would be applied to Margaret as well. It could have been that things mostly ended from a "core importance/significance" standpoint with [Redacted], and they added Marie and Margaret because it only made sense (especially if they're part of the story in an important way).

Yeah, that makes sense.

While i have no form of attachment to the Makoto character, i can understand why some people might be frustrated. I've heard ppl state a number of times that Atlus said they were bringing back a massive fan favorite? Was that
Adachi
all along? Ive never actually seen confirmed proof of this statement however.

I guess with
Tatarus being back, Elizabeth's quest,
and other circumstantial evidence, fans were justified in thinking that he was in.

On the other hand, Margaret makes sense. To be honest i thought her and
Adachi
were going to be the only DLC characters. The real surprise is Marie. I like Margaret however, so im ok with this.

While all evidence points to this being the final roster (mainly the dlc cards), never say never.

Yu Namba did de confirm Makoto though........

FluxWaveZ

I've heard ppl state a number of times that Atlus said they were bringing back a massive fan favorite? Was that
Adachi
all along? Ive never actually seen confirmed proof of this statement however.

Never ever heard of this except for on GameFAQs, which people clinged to to further convince themselves that Makoto was somehow going to be a character in the game.

Here is the Famitsu article on the event. Hey, if there's a venue to make at least the art official... And 4gamer's.

Top Bottom