• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

FluxWaveZ

If tomorrow's the last Famitsu leak before TGS, I wonder if there'll be anything... Last year, the only thing that happened with Atlus was Index saying "Sega Sammy Holdings is pretty awesome." They even kept the P4AU announcement (and the Persona countdown website) for exactly a week after TGS started.

Look into my eyes
BxTj0JKCQAAj0MR.jpg:large
BxTj1GSCQAAvd9S.jpg:large

BxTj0VTCMAE4ZsX.jpg:large
BxTj0pOCcAA2N1j.jpg:large

Hey so that Danganronpa 2 spoilercast is now live:

(Click image for episode link)

This is a very Persona related thing by the way... because Smedwicks and PK from PGAF were on. :p

Yessssssssss. I've been waiting all week for this. You guys'd better have answered my question ;P

Levito

Banned
We didn't talk specifically about *all* of the references, but I totally forgot to bring up the MegaTen reference that's in DR2. Oooops

PK Gaming

We didn't talk specifically about *all* of the references, but I totally forgot to bring up the MegaTen reference that's in DR2. Oooops

There was a MegaTen reference?

So here's that Etrian/PQ image edit I was talking about. Not that bad, considering I'm new to the paths tool.

(Click the second image for the music video this is from.)

Downloading now.

AWESOME.

Are you gonna mess around with the PQ manga as well? Lots of material to work with, I think.

Considering there's only two trailers for P5 so far and the second one was shown at the Pre-TGS Conference, I'd think that they'd hopefully have something a little bit different for the main event. Worst case scenario being another animated-only trailer(Not that that's actually terrible in any way whatsoever in my opinion:p) Best-case scenario we get something like this or this. Hopefully not as spoiler-y though.

...Actually, does anyone know if those were actual trailers shown somewhere before P3FES and P4 came out? In Japan, I mean. I always wondered, since they were kinda overly spoiler-ish for something shown pre-release, though I guess even the P4 one didn't really give everything away

I'm expecting an expanded version of the Pre-TGS trailer. Kind of like what they did with SMTIV two years ago.

Yu is the MC in all mainline Persona games. He just keeps changing haircuts, Atlus doesn't have the money to hire a new MC so they just get him to do the parts. This time they gave him glasses (which technically he already wore in P4 all the time, that was to test the waters) LOL!

FluxWaveZ

Heh, it was pointed out that the Atlus USA P4AU site's character page still has a "coming soon" slot despite containing all of the characters. That's not right.

Also, that thing about the 360 version not having Lobby mode isn't as weird as I had thought initially, given how it operates with some of the rooms being reserved for Japan, some of them for North America, and Tartarus for everyone. I'm surprised that Lobby mode is where I spend the vast majority of my time online.

Style

Banned
You know who should be the next DLC character for P4U? The Persona 5 protagonist! Think about it.
No. No jokes about Sho Minamimoto.

Those of you who have played P1, what are your thoughts?

I'm a little over halfway through I think and it's certainly different. I like the atmosphere and a lot of the music in it even though it doesn't really fit the game. I'm still getting used to the first person dungeons and some of the dungeons are certainly infuriating, even with a guide. The encounter rate isn't as brutal as P2:IS PSP which is nice. I have mostly been spoiled on the story but the way it's unfolding is kind of neat. It's certainly worth a play but is easily the worst of the Persona main games IMO.

I'm doing the SEBEC route right now, then I'll try the Snow Queen Quest.

k2cBjFJ.jpg

Team Atlus at the Famitsu War Games.

Xx2N9XL.jpg

Musicians! (Meguro and Kitajoh)

emcldhp.jpg

Directors! (Kazuhisa Wada of Persona 4 Arena and Daisuke Kaneda of Persona Q)

PHlbTsl.jpg

Artists! (Soejima and Doi)

Sophia

Doi and Kaneda have that "Don't mess with us or we'll shoot you" look. Wada's just jumping on Kaneda's bangwagon with the thumbs up. Soejima and Kitajoh just look bored in completely different ways. >_>

Tamanon

Banned
So, what hints about Persona 5 can we draw from these paintball pictures? People seem to be using everything as hints nowadays.

LX_Theo

Banned
So, what hints about Persona 5 can we draw from these paintball pictures? People seem to be using everything as hints nowadays.

It seems that P5 will have a 6 person party, and evokers will return in the form of rifles. Except you use them to shoot at demons. And its in first person. And its in the middle east.

Top Bottom