• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

NichM

Banned
It seems that P5 will have a 6 person party, and evokers will return in the form of rifles. Except you use them to shoot at demons. And its in first person. And its in the middle east.

Soap-kun! Price-senpai~~~~

I don't know anything about Call of Duty. I'm sorry.

Levito

Banned
9b02VGx.jpg

(from the Lotus Juice FB page)

cj_iwakura

Those of you who have played P1, what are your thoughts?

I'm a little over halfway through I think and it's certainly different. I like the atmosphere and a lot of the music in it even though it doesn't really fit the game. I'm still getting used to the first person dungeons and some of the dungeons are certainly infuriating, even with a guide. The encounter rate isn't as brutal as P2:IS PSP which is nice. I have mostly been spoiled on the story but the way it's unfolding is kind of neat. It's certainly worth a play but is easily the worst of the Persona main games IMO.

I'm doing the SEBEC route right now, then I'll try the Snow Queen Quest.

Good cast & story, decent(if easy to break) gameplay, evil dungeons. Especially in the SQQ.

Use the original OST if at all possible, even if it means playing it externally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Kz4WigVGo

atlusprime

Atlus PR
"Get your ass in gear, Chie! The shadows are out and we are fucking Oscar Mike!"

"Narukami, Secure Burger Town, double time!"

Figuratively dying from laughter. Going the other way around:

Ghost-senpai, can you and Soap-senpai help me out in basic today? Ramirez-san forgot to bring the C4 and Frag Grenades so I only have flash grenades to run through the course.

[You have drawn closer to Ghost and Soap. You feel like your relationship will increase soon.]

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Figuratively dying from laughter. Going the other way around:

Ghost-senpai, can you and Soap-senpai help me out in basic today? Ramirez-san forgot to bring the C4 and Frag Grenades so I only have flash grenades to run through the course.

[You have drawn closer to Ghost and Soap. You feel like your relationship will increase soon.]

I want to SLink with Gaz-chan.

FluxWaveZ

Thanks Flux, I think I mentioned about how I am a p4a noob that only somewhat knows how to play Liz. I just discovered his video now.

This is making the Ultimax wait even more painful for me.

Damosu was the only Liz in Arc Revo's top 8, I believe. If you want to commit to playing her, watching a ton of his videos is probably the best bet, as one of the most notable Liz players there is.

Only two weeks left. I'm really looking forward to trying out Margaret next week and seeing what's up with her.

Edit: Haha, yes, the video I linked is particularly high level play. For Elizabeth, check out this thread which has a huge archive of videos you can watch, many of them being of Damosu.

Xenoflare

Damosu was the only Liz in Arc Revo's top 8, I believe. If you want to commit to playing her, watching a ton of his videos is probably the best bet, as one of the most notable Liz players there is.

Only two weeks left. I'm really looking forward to trying out Margaret next week and seeing what's up with her.

I'm sure the new characters are going to be a strong temptation for me to not focus on her, but as I said before, she is the one character in the original P4A that I enjoyed playing with the most.

Although I have some questions and I think I might as well just ask. What her Mabufudyne awakening buff? It seems like Thanatos travels further when she is in awakening but that's it.
-Maragidyne seems to travel full screen, her non-awakening one seems to be altered from the old one and it's travel faster but the distance is shorter.
-Maziodyne now shoots out two beams in succession, A version seems to only hit once.
-Magarudyne has a much bigger area of effect.

Excuse me if these questions are old, I'm really not that keen when it comes to keeping up with the mechanics.

Edit: Oh you linked Dustloop... how could I forget about that.

Caladrius

Checking in before I'm separated from the internet again.

I'm happy 5 is going back to an urban setting. I always enjoyed how busy P3's overworld felt.

Do Atlus have TGS plans?

arue

Checking in before I'm separated from the internet again.

I'm happy 5 is going back to an urban setting. I always enjoyed how busy P3's overworld felt.

Do Atlus have TGS plans?

Atlus themselves are doing an hour stage show at TGS. It will cover EOU2 and most likely other Persona-related news.

There will be a trailer of Persona 5 (don't know if it's new or old trailer) at Sony booth.

Caladrius

Atlus themselves are doing an hour stage show at TGS. It will cover EOU2 and most likely other Persona-related news.

There will be a trailer of Persona 5 (don't know if it's new or old trailer) at Sony booth.

Ah, Thanks.

At least I'll be able to see the aftermath on twitter now.

Style

Banned
I tried to make a sprite of Yu in the vein of the Pokemon games for Game Boy Advance. Judge for yourself:

iq5Cig0GG9sk9.png

i3EEk5JAYcu0P.gif

I only animated the side view because it's six o’clock in the morning and I’ve lost control of my life. Might return for the rest later. Now excuse me while I go make some chocolate pudding.

P.S.
Shout-out to StarSketch for making it in to a GIF.

EDIT: I accidentally used the same colour as the dark theme on NeoGAF... Switch to default for optimal viewing.

Top Bottom