• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

I still am thinking that there's a super secret hidden character in Ultimax who won't be revealed (at all) because of story spoilers. Atlus/ASW has already stuffed so many new characters into this game, what's one more? However, I am sane enough to note that this is quite the longshot and kinda unrealistic :p #BELIEVE

Tweet tweet mother truckers @JoseOle5990

LX_Theo

Banned
I still am thinking that there's a super secret hidden character in Ultimax who won't be revealed (at all) because of story spoilers. Atlus/ASW has already stuffed so many new characters into this game, what's one more? However, I am sane enough to note that this is quite the longshot and kinda unrealistic :p #BELIEVE

Tweet tweet mother truckers @JoseOle5990

Nanako is big bad, confirmed.

@Kewlmyc

Anyway, I like Makoto, I really do. He's my second favorite MC design in the Persona series (Pierced Boy is first), and I actually kinda like his distant personality if the movie is anything to go by. However, he shouldn't be in the fighting game series for obvious reasons.
Some people are throwing around that maybe Nyarly could make a fake version of him to troll the P3 cast, but then it wouldn't be Makoto, he would be a villain. So even then you're not really playing as him, just as an evil "clone" of him. Also, unlike Marie and Margaret, he'd just be another sword user, so I can't really think of how original his moveset would be. Just let him rest in peace.
Actually if we take the original P3 as base, Makoto can use any weapon. But yeah, I got your point.

FluxWaveZ

Also, unlike Marie and Margaret, he'd just be another sword user, so I can't really think of how original his moveset would be. Just let him rest in peace.

How is that different from
Adachi
and
Naoto
, who both use the exact same weapon? If they wanted to make it work, ASW probably have the talent to make them feel entirely different, regardless of the weapon.

Silky

Banned
I don't see how 'another sword user' is really a complaint. Considering there's only...three, they all play extremely differently. They're not clones.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
mmapM2v.png

Oh the things I find.

@Acid08

Most of my twitter time is spent talking to Corvo about Gundam haha

And retweeting Shorks news.

In all seriousness, I'm @jello44. I'm the Wild Card of the Twitterverse. You'll never know what I'll tweet next.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
YOU CAN?! I need to replay the game as her. I never thought they'd put something like that in a Japanese game.

Yep. There's hockey sticks and then goalie sticks. I was surprised, amused and happy at the same time.

I don't think MC get them because he can only use swords in P3P?

Finally her robotic personality can be in harmony with her physical body.

ehehe

PK Gaming

I've said this before, but I wouldn't accept any Makoto moveset didn't incorporate all of his weapon types.

Like Firion from Dissidia... but better.

Sophia

Finally her robotic personality can be in harmony with her physical body.

Fuuka liked technology so much she converted
Read:cosplayed
herself to a cyborg. >_>;

Also, my twitter is @SophiaAlex120. I don't follow back unconditionally, but I pretty much follow if you regularly gossip with me.

I've said this before, but I wouldn't accept any Makoto moveset didn't incorporate all of his weapon types.

Would be pretty interesting to see, but I doubt they'd ever go to that length lol
@Gooch_Suplex

But I already follow most of you.

There is a Free to play gundam on the JP PSN.

Eh, Full Boost is better than Battle Operations. Too bad Full Boost ain't cheap to import so...

This was how I wanted him to play. Using a rapier for some normal, then switching to a big hammer swing for an AoA, and he uses other weapons for his specials. For the twitter thing, I'm @RockderBanja86 if anyone wants to follow.

kewlmyc

If there's a valid complaint to make it's "another Zio user?"

Isn't he an Agi user?

How is that different from
Adachi
and
Naoto
, who both use the exact same weapon? If they wanted to make it work, ASW probably have the talent to make them feel entirely different, regardless of the weapon.

According to what we've heard,
one of them doesn't even shoot it. Or at least their main playstyle isn't using it.
That and we have 4 sword users already. Sure, they could make it work considering GG and BB are filled with them, but I just feel he doesn't really bring all that much to the table in terms of originality.

I must be the only one who doesn't use twitter. lol

I didn't use it till I came to this thread honestly.

FluxWaveZ

According to what we've heard,
one of them doesn't even shoot it.
That and we have 4 sword users already. Sure, they could make it work considering GG and BB are filled with them, but I just feel he doesn't really bring all that much to the table in terms of originality.

That's what I mean; both characters use the exact same weapon in entirely different ways, which is how Makoto and Yu would be differentiated if the former used a katana (not to mention it's a game where a large portion of a character's moveset usually comes from their Persona).

Still, kinda useless to discuss on the matter, though. If the plot allowed for it, he would be in no matter what, but that's obviously the limiting factor here and it's looking like it's not going to happen right now.

PK Gaming

I was speaking about Arena in general. Everyone and their mother uses Zio.

Real talk, i'm worried at the prospect of Margaret using Zio because then that would change the total number of Zio users from 7 to 8 >.<

I'm trash

Dissidia has a bunch of cool ideas. I wish SE would collaborate with a studio that makes fighters on the regular though.

And put it on consoles, FFS.
Yeah for sure. I didn't care much for the story, but I was just glad to see my favorite FF heroes kicking some ass again.

I'd kill for a console sequel.

Nap1400

My idea for a
Makoto/Minato/P3MC/whateveryouwishtocallhim
moveset involved
his whole wild card stick being played up more, acting as a stance character that can switch weapons and Personas, which correspond with each other in some form. Like sword/Orpheus, Broadsword/Jack Frost (fit in with the corresponding Arcana), or something like that.
And before you say it,
Yu was kinda contractually obligated to become a shoto since he's the main character, and Aigis's moveset is probably more meant to reference The Journey than The Answer

Squire

Banned
Real talk, i'm worried at the prospect of Margaret using Zio because then that would change the total number of Zio users from 7 to 8 >.<

I'm trash

Yeah for sure. I didn't care much for the story, but I was just glad to see my favorite FF heroes kicking some ass again.

I'd kill for a console sequel.

They need to recast Zidane. I think SE has done a pretty good job giving voices to characters who didn't have them previously, but Pappenbrook is soooooo baaaaaaad.

A good point someone just raised to me on Twitter: Lizzy, Yu, and Aigis don't have multiple personas, so Mag can forget it.

PK Gaming

They need to recast Zidane. I think SE has done a pretty good job giving voices to characters who didn't have them previously, but Pappenbrook is soooooo baaaaaaad.

A good point someone just raised to me on Twitter: Lizzy, Yu, and Aigis don't have multiple personas, so Mag can forget it.

Holy shit

When I first heard Zidane's voice, I felt like weeping. I'm not a Bryce hater (ok, maybe a little) but his Zidane voice is incredibly off putting. It just sounds so off.

Snakeyes

My idea for a
Makoto/Minato/P3MC/whateveryouwishtocallhim
moveset involved
his whole wild card stick being played up more, acting as a stance character that can switch weapons and Personas, which correspond with each other in some form. Like sword/Orpheus, Broadsword/Jack Frost (fit in with the corresponding Arcana), or something like that.
And before you say it,
Yu was kinda contractually obligated to become a shoto since he's the main character, and Aigis's moveset is probably more meant to reference The Journey than The Answer
That would be pretty neat but also make Yu look like a chump in his own game. :p

Caladrius

If Margaret really is playable I basically have all the characters I wanted.

Aw yiss.

Holy shit

When I first heard Zidane's voice, I felt like weeping. I'm not a Bryce hater (ok, maybe a little) but his Zidane voice is incredibly off putting. It just sounds so off.

Not gonna lie. I thought Zidane was 12.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
So, umm, you've all convinced me to get out from under my comfy rock and make a Twitter MyPlace Thing.

@RedGraveXIII

Feel free to folllow (add?) me, I'm terribly lonely :(

Top Bottom