• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Believe it or not I was pretty relived that in Ultimax
Elizebeth's quest to free Makoto never really went anywhere. Still firmly of the opinion that bringing him back ultimately would just be fan service, and would nullify the ending--and the whole message of Persona 3. Even if it's just to put his soul at rest so he doesn't have to suffer, it would again ultimately be nothing but fan service. There's no need to see him again, his story is over.

Given the choice I would leave things as they are because you're right that continuing that story is pure fan service as his story was over. Unfortunately now we're at the point where his story isn't over because Atlus has decided that Liz is going to free him, whether that means bring him back to life or letting him rest in peace who knows but until Liz's quest is resolved his story isn't done. It sucks but if we have to have to return to it then I take letting his soul rest over bringing him back to life

PK Gaming

Is there a good resource to check out the different stats the characters in PQ have? I have my shortlist of peeps I want to use but I'm trying not to have much overlap either.

Here's a link to a PQ wiki that contains complete data on the character stat spreads. It's in engrish, but you should be able to make it out for the most part.

Hmmm...may take this idea and turn it into a PR asset.

You could totally capitalize on this. Maybe something like... Smash enemies to peaces with Kanji's insane strength stat, or use the P4 protagonist if you're looking for a balanced character. Aigis is the Ultimate Tank, etc.

Acid08

Banned
Hmmm...may take this idea and turn it into a PR asset.

That would be awesome! Any kind of quick reference to make sure you can build the kind of team you want would be perfect.

Here's a link to a PQ wiki that contains complete data on the character stat spreads. It's in engrish, but you should be able to make it out for the most part..

Thanks PK! I'll look this over and hopefully get a better idea of who I want to roll with. Only absolutes right now are Yukari and Kanji.

Levito

Banned
Just so you all know: a bunch of us are in the Lovers room in the Somegawa Flood Plain in Ultimax right now.

SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND THUNDER

WHEN YOU SEE THE WHITE WHALE

That would be awesome! Any kind of quick reference to make sure you can build the kind of team you want would be perfect.

Thanks PK! I'll look this over and hopefully get a better idea of who I want to roll with. Only absolutes right now are Yukari and Kanji.

Yeah when I did my research for the game I went on gamefaqs, but I think it's from the same link. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/739685-persona-q-shadow-of-the-labyrinth/69476901

Possible P3,P4 spoilers, as well as talk about PQ (no plot-related spoilers though)

Though even then I don't fully understand moves. All I know is that endgame
if they evolve
, I think that Akihiko, Chie, and MAYBE Junpei are really good for spamming those OP multi-hit physical moves you can put on them (that magic seems to lack unforunately) due to the passives that they gain for their final skill. The MCs are overall good with
mostly good resistances, but Messiah keeps its dark weakness. Stat-wise I think InO is better, but Messiah is good just for Debilitate
. I think due to sub-personas it's not as important, but make sure you don't bring a team that's completely weak against elec or very high weakness to specific elements, especially early game when you have no resist/null/absorb/repel skills.

Indeed. You're right. So it must be the onomatopoeia for removing a body part.... o_o
Reminds me of Alisa.
0.jpg

Does Aigis says something like that in P3 or Arena?

I get the impression that "Was Ultimax's story any good?" will be one of those questions this thread asks itself time and again, along with
"Should P3MC come back?"
and "Who is best girl who isn't Elly?"

FluxWaveZ

For a fighting game yes, for a Persona 3/4 canon story no way.

Well, at some point, it's about recognizing that these spin-offs aren't main Persona RPG titles, but games that were kind of made "for fun", as studio collaborations, to branch the series out into different genres and appeal to different kinds of fans.

They might emphasize that the stories are canon, but I don't think that's necessarily to mean that they're as significant or as involved as the RPGs they're derived from. I suppose it's sort of irksome if one wants the spin-off stories to be as meaningful as Persona 3 or Persona 4 themselves, but it's also a bit unrealistic.

For a fighting game yes, for a Persona 3/4 canon story no way.

By the by Atlusprime senpai, have you heard of anything about Devil Survivor 2 3DS for NA?

I think it would be better to just be patient and wait for an announcement to come, because either he knows about it and can't say anything on it or he doesn't know anything about that at this point.

Well, at some point, it's about recognizing that these spin-offs aren't main Persona RPG titles, but games that were kind of made "for fun", as studio collaborations, to branch the series out into different genres and appeal to different kinds of fans.

They might emphasize that the stories are canon, but I don't think that's necessarily to mean that they're as significant or as involved as the RPGs they're derived from. I suppose it's sort of irksome if one wants the spin-off stories to be as meaningful as Persona 3 or Persona 4 themselves, but it's also a bit unrealistic.

Yeah, there IS an argument for the story merely being a fluff framing device.
Then Labrys' story happens, and that argument kind of falls apart.

That's a neat idea in theory, but I can see it being really annoying if someone were to play their music externally in a public place and the entire cat ears design means that a very, very small number of people will actually be able to wear them and not look like a complete tool.

To be fair, there's plenty of people who use headphones in their own homes.

Yeah, but I don't see why people would buy these if they were just going to use them at home. That would render its two main selling points (namely the eye-catching design and the speaker function) almost entirely moot.

If eye-catching designs were just for public, people wouldn't put much thought into decorating their own homes.
But I'm nitpicking. I see your point.

That's a neat idea in theory, but I can see it being really annoying if someone were to play their music externally in a public place and the entire cat ears design means that a very, very small number of people will actually be able to wear them and not look like a complete tool.
I generally can see the appeal of these, especially for like two groups, the anime nerds and furries. Like I can imagine seeing someone who would want to DJ wearing those for like a dance or such at a con or event in relation to those two groups, and even just if I wanted to listen to music and them just looking cool.

Acid08

Banned
I generally can see the appeal of these, especially for like two groups, the anime nerds and furries. Like I can imagine seeing someone who would want to DJ wearing those for like a dance or such at a con or event in relation to those two groups, and even just if I wanted to listen to music and them just looking cool.

furry anime nerds are gonna be all over those motherfuckers

Squire

Banned

It's an awesome idea that's totally at home in an anime screenplay and probably nowhere else.

That fan art is cool. They've obviously won hearts and minds looking at the campaign page.

Just recently watched a few podcasts of Slink FM despite my midterms coming up soon. Have to say that they are really entertaining and interesting. Keep up the good work. I don't think I'm ever going to listen to them all from the beginning though.

kewlmyc

Yeah, but I don't see why people would buy these if they were just going to use them at home. That would render its two main selling points (namely the eye-catching design and the speaker function) almost entirely moot.

I was actually thinking of getting them just to freak people out when I work from home, since I do video conferencing for a living. I do agree that the only look good on a small percentage of people, but that's the main reason why I might get them. I also have zero faith in whoever's making them, so I'm hesitant.

They're cute but I would only wear them if the external speakers could be turned off.

You can.

Caladrius

Why isn't Fafnir a Persona?

I was actually thinking of getting them just to freak people out when I work from home, since I do video conferencing for a living. I do agree that the only look good on a small percentage of people, but that's the main reason why I might get them. I also have zero faith in whoever's making them, so I'm hesitant.

You can.

Color me intrigued.

But yeah I'll wait for when they release and how they're received.

Top Bottom