• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Nimby

Banned
The collector's edition is $80 bucks. I got $5 off when I pre-ordered through that plug-in, but now I want to know if they're any other cost-saving things I could do.

Lemstar

The PQ Limited Edition is still in stock at Best Buy. Find someone with Gamers Club Unlocked to buy it for you with their 20% off.

Nimby

Banned
The PQ Limited Edition is still in stock at Best Buy. Find someone with Gamers Club Unlocked to buy it for you with their 20% off.

I'm kinda stuck with Amazon though, as I am paying for it with an Amazon card. Although I guess I can buy things for them if they are willing.

Acid08

Banned
The collector's edition is $80 bucks. I got $5 off when I pre-ordered through that plug-in, but now I want to know if they're any other cost-saving things I could do.

Yeah I have this pre-ordered. Basically paying $30 extra for a damn case and a maybe decent soundtrack CD.

I'm not smart with money.

Bzk8TEECcAEkyzO.png

Looks cute.....holy shit its at 750k with 26 days to go 0_0

I recently watched a video of the P4 protagonist using a hacked in
Magatsu-Izanagi
with other hacked moves, from allies and enemies. It's pretty cool to see how some of the moves worked/looked like, though admittedly some moves did not function correctly. For example, it was interesting to see there were 3 all out attack 'spells' so that the camera angles changed in each one. Galactic punting the final boss was pretty amusing, though I just found out that they nerf Chie's attack to Galaxy Kick against bosses. Some moves did not work at all though
Mitsuo's construction spells make animations for being made and promptly disappeared. Summon spells and Namatame's control spell targeted enemies but did not do anything. Myriad truths actually does absolutely nothing and ends your turn; the animation that comes after using it is scripted always to occur. So, theoretically, if you had access to other moves, regardless of which one you chose, the animation would play out after the animation completed (in Myriad Truths' case, it has no animation). Also Thousand Curses seems to break the game against Izanami because Izanami seem to be replaced with a 'null' spot that cannot take damage, and the miss symbol will not show up if attacked. Which makes sense, considering that your allies should not be able to be healed after they get sucked into the ground and disappear.

Something that I forgot to ask about for PQ: I heard there were some inheritance restrictions (apparently arbitrary ones) but are there restrictions to skill cards? As in, can I put an Ice Amp skill card on Mitsuru (assuming one exists)? What about Maragidyne?
Just wondering because she doesn't learn Ice Amp while Yukari and Yukiko can after evolution, though Mitsuru learns mind charge even before evolution. I just want to know so I can plan ahead who I should start training if I get the game, considering that there are far too many party member to train.

PK Gaming

Random thought:

It's kind of interesting how every member of the P4 gang (save the protagonist) were part of the "Go-home" club (as in, they went home instead of going to club meetings after school). I suppose Yosuke and Yukiko had their reasons, but it's kind of surprising that Chie wasn't a part of a club. And if she was, I don't think the game gives you any indication that she was a part of one.

Going a step further, none of them went to cram school either. I think Yukiko might have mentioned that she went, but I'm not sure. A huge contrast from the super serious super busy P3 gang, huh?

Random thought:

It's kind of interesting how every member of the P4 gang (save the protagonist) were part of the "Go-home" club (as in, they went home instead of going to club meetings after school). I suppose Yosuke and Yukiko had their reasons, but it's kind of surprising that Chie wasn't a part of a club. And if she was, I don't think the game gives you any indication that she was a part of one.

Going a step further, none of them went to cram school either. I think Yukiko might have mentioned that she went, but I'm not sure. A huge contrast from the super serious super busy P3 gang, huh?

Probably part of the whole laid-back country lifestyle. I wonder if P5 will go back to being as stressful as P3?

Xenoflare

Random thought:

It's strange that we don't hear much from Chie's family, at least Kanji's mother and the Amagi inn's staff had an apperence (actually I think only Kanji has his family a bit fleshed out compared to the others), and we know that Rise's grandma runs the tofu shop. Yosuke's dad manages Junes etc. Overall the familes of the gang is less touched on.

In P3 most of the parents are dead or estranged. Fuuka is probably the only member that had an actual family by the end of the game.

We have nothing when it comes to Chie's family, thinking of it now it's a bit weird.

Also I'm pretty sure that there are unused voice clips of a possible romantic relationship with Yosuke, there is this site where it documents all unused assets and I recall that many of the protagonist's choices were mostly Yosuke's, and JYB voiced you know who in certain places and it was not used in the final game to prevent spoilers.

PK Gaming

I bet the P4 characters went to a public high school.

I bet Yu and Yosuke were extra annoyed at the fact that they had to take 2 different entrance exams.

Probably part of the whole laid-back country lifestyle. I wonder if P5 will go back to being as stressful as P3?

Seems like a strong possibility at this point. I bet a ton of japanese high school students want to be emancipated.

Kanra

Speaking of Chie's family, when I first played persona 4, I kind of got the feeling that the little boy who talked about his sis making him buy stuff for her(forgot what exactly he was getting, but I think it was super croquettes, might be wrong) in the shopping district was Chie's little brother. Just a thought.

Busaiku

Yeah I have this pre-ordered. Basically paying $30 extra for a damn case and a maybe decent soundtrack CD.

I'm not smart with money.

If you're in North America and play Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, you can get it by winning this tournament!

Speaking of Chie's family, when I first played persona 4, I kind of got the feeling that the little boy who talked about his sis making him buy stuff for her(forgot what exactly he was getting, but I think it was super croquettes, might be wrong) in the shopping district was Chie's little brother. Just a thought.

At this point, it's either a complete non-factor on who she is or would turn into a Maris thing.

Meia

I wanted the PQ LE, until I found out what was in it. Never possibly imagined that the case was going to be in it; figured it was going to be a japan only thing so imported it. Couple this with also importing the full OST, and yeah, no real reason to.

...unless I preorder it and give the case to my niece(who's also a big persona fan), so I guess it's possible. :p

On another note, got the P4AU eyeglass case from Japan, and it's fuzzy. Thought it was a neat idea. :D

Kazzy

I wanted the PQ LE, until I found out what was in it. Never possibly imagined that the case was going to be in it; figured it was going to be a japan only thing so imported it. Couple this with also importing the full OST, and yeah, no real reason to.

...unless I preorder it and give the case to my niece(who's also a big persona fan), so I guess it's possible. :p

On another note, got the P4AU eyeglass case from Japan, and it's fuzzy. Thought it was a neat idea. :D

Anybody could be forgiven for not wanting the limited edition. It'd be understandable to feel the need, if Persona was a niche franchise, but it's not - meaning there is a wealth of merchandise to get. Too much, in fact.

I speak as someone who went on somewhat of a...binge, after I first moved to Japan.

Levito

Banned
So we did an off topic episode of the podcast about a videogame that came out recently:

(click image for episode link)

Though at one moment Armada made the argument that Nocturne, P2, and P4 all resonate with people cause they form an emotional connection with their narrative. While this other here videogame(Destiny) doesn't in the slightest.

EDIT: Also, there's potentially 2 spots open for the Ultimax spoilercast happening this coming weekend if anyone wants in. If you're interested, PM me.

Top Bottom