• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Nimby

Banned
Mind if I ask where did you get your avatar? I think it's from an artwork that I had before but I can't think of the name of the artist who drew it, I don't think it's Soejima....

I have no clue. All I know is that it looks like the manga. I think Setsu knows what he/she is talking about, so that's probably who it is.

Kanra

So how much DLC have you guys bought for Ultimax? Some how I ended up spending around 60 dollars worth in total. Damn my OCD.

So how much DLC have you guys bought for Ultimax? Some how I ended up spending around 60 dollars worth in total. Damn my OCD.
The P3 music packs, the P3 avatar packs, Margaret, new character colors (didn't buy the first four packs since I had the dlc from the first one), and free week 1 content. Wallet hasn't been hit too hard yet lol

I'm in software development, more than 90% of the students there are either hardcore nerds (no offence to those who code, I am in the program too after all, although I am not as passionate about it as many others), or are familiar with games/anime. It's not a problem, and it is after all an assignment dedicated to gaming. I feel like if anything, it'll be a breath of fresh air. Most of the themes in the game actually deal with topics that we talk about in that class, like facing your fears, your inner psyche, projection of your image in society, etc. Trust me, I picked the game knowing that these were things that we talked about in class, something that the prof, which ultimately is the one marking me regardless of the audience's reaction, would enjoy and actually listen to.
Ohh, that's pretty awesome dude! Great to hear that.

kewlmyc

543DD5864B77570014

15,000 yen

There's a point where I need to stop and I've finally reached.

squadr0n

As a huge persona 3 fan I was wondering what the chances are we will ever get a revival or whatever of the P3MC. A lot of us thought it would happen in Ulitmax but tbh were a lot better off without it. Is it worth happening in P5 or in a side story like PQ in the future? Or just leave him dead?

sakuori

As a huge persona 3 fan I was wondering
what the chances are we will ever get a revival or whatever of the P3MC. A lot of us thought it would happen in Ulitmax but tbh were a lot better off without it. Is it worth happening in P5 or in a side story like PQ in the future? Or just leave him dead?

Slim chances maybe?
Elizabeth's quest had been so quick if it happens in P5 when it was mentioned that it can take a long time. Personally though, I'd be fine if it was just mentioned and that P3MC just passed on, not revived.

Busaiku

The tournament is now live!
Report your results to me once you've completed your match. Preferably on GAF, but any of the contact methods I've listed on Challonge will suffice. You can also contact me through Challonge.

As I said earlier, the number of rounds that must be completed by each day (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) would be determined after the bracket was finalized.
Remember, we are playing this out this week/weekend (ending on Sunday, October 19).

So here's what I've decided to do...
By the end of Friday (11:59 PM CDT), Winners Round 1 and 2 must be completed, along with Losers Round 1 and 2.
By the end of Saturday (11:59 CDT), Winners Round 3 must be completed, along with Losers Round 3 and 4.
On Sunday (by 11:59 CDT), we'll wrap things up, so that means Winners Finals (Semifinals on Challonge), Losers Round 5 and Finals (Semifinals on Challonge), and Grand Finals (Finals on Challonge).

Although not required, I encourage people to play their matches out as soon as possible.
If you cannot complete your matches by the specified days and times, you will be disqualified, no exceptions. If neither player in a pair is able to play, both will be disqualified.
Again, while it is recommended that you play your matches as soon as possible, you will not face any penalties until Friday at the earliest.

Have fun everyone!

Slim chances maybe?
Elizabeth's quest had been so quick if it happens in P5 when it was mentioned that it can take a long time. Personally though, I'd be fine if it was just mentioned and that P3MC just passed on, not revived.

I honestly wouldn't mind if he was given the
Chidori
treatment.
Sidequest where you can either get him back, or leave him dead because THE THEMES.
And have it either left ambiguous or ignored altogether in the future.

Iceburg

Neo Member

All I've paid for is Margaret, got the other DLC for free week 1. I've been fighting the urge to buy all the little BGM packs and a color pack or two but the fight has been successful

You know, Labrys is actually a very good and well developed character. Ive never paid any attention to her since the release of Arena, But over the course of the two games, she's really grown on me.

Also, why in the blue hell is Marie a playable character in Ultimax??? She had like 10 seconds worth of dialog in the story mode. Her slot should have been given to Theo.

LX_Theo

Banned
You know, Labrys is actually a very good and well developed character. Ive never paid any attention to her since the release of Arena, But over the course of the two games, she's really grown on me.

Also, why in the blue hell is Marie a playable character in Ultimax??? She had like 10 seconds worth of dialog in the story mode. Her slot should have been given to Theo.

You could say the same sort of thing for Margaret. She doesn't step out of the Velvet room.

Iceburg

Neo Member

It's really pretty amazing how they developed such a good character over so little time and through mostly thoughts because her story in p4a had so little dialogue. I really like her, I feel like if I had more time with her I could like her as much as Aigis who is just fantastic.

Marie was probably in the game just to coincide with the golden anime. I could see Theo as a skin for Elizabeth though. More DLC payout for them.

Meia

Said it before, will say it again: Labrys is the character we should have gotten in P4G. Having her whole story in a new dungeon set after the events of P4, along with having the member of SEES as "boss" fights in it would have been hype as hell. Not taking anything away from Arena, but man, having an "Answer" like post game like P3 had, mmmmmm....

FluxWaveZ

But Labrys was designed pretty much to fulfill the context for a fighting tournament between friends. Pretty much expressly designed for a fighting game.

Marie was probably in the game just to coincide with the golden anime. I could see Theo as a skin for Elizabeth though. More DLC payout for them.

Doubt that that's the only reason. Marie is pretty much now a core member of the P4 crew; I think most are pretty much expecting her to appear in Persona 4 Dancing now, as well.

That'd be one heck of an expensive skin. Really don't think they'd put in that much effort for something probably very few people would buy.

Yeah, i doubt they'd do a DLC skin for Theo. Id be down for him being in the sequel though, along with Dojima, Fuuka, P3 MC and Kikuno. Wishful thinking, i know.

The entire P4A/U story needs to be animated. This time though, avoid Marie like the plague and focus on everyone.

84X

Banned
Yeah, i doubt they'd do a DLC skin for Theo. Id be down for him being in the sequel though, along with Dojima, Fuuka, P3 MC and Kikuno. Wishful thinking, i know.

The entire P4A/U story needs to be animated. This time though, avoid Marie like the plague and focus on everyone.

Nope, prepare yourself for Persona 4 Mariena.

When's the (very minor spoilers for ultimax)
Kikuno helicopter shmup spinoff game
?

I'd totally play that, need more of her in my life!

Meia

But Labrys was designed pretty much to fulfill the context for a fighting tournament between friends. Pretty much expressly designed for a fighting game.

She was, but they could have done something more resembling what part of the Answer was like. Have certain floors like that, the rest be a Yaso dungeon.

Of course, things are better off now with the sequel I think, but still think Labrys was a better addition than Marie, in terms of P4. Still probably has more to do with her misuse though.

Dantis

Labrys isn't nearly as well written as most Persona characters, but for some reason I've really come to like her.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that I really like her, but her personality is pretty charming. Still hate her design though.

Marie's design is leagues better, in my opinion.

Iceburg

Neo Member
I wouldn't go as far as saying that I really like her, but her personality is pretty charming. Still hate her design though.

Marie's design is leagues better, in my opinion.

If you're talking pure aesthetic design I agree but personally I think Marie is one of the most bland characters in the persona universe, second only to Fuka. Take out the whole
being a part of the deity chain that controls the whole plot and the weather control abilities
and you have a pretty stock "tsundere" ripped out of any mid 2000s anime.

Also on the Theo skin idea, I really just mean I think it would be more likely than a whole new character model,cause yeah it would probably have to run at least $3.99 and that's almost character price.

Edit: rereading what you said it's pretty clear you just meant aesthetics. Oops. Oh well. Hey look at my opinion on Marie I suppose.

Dantis

If you're talking pure aesthetic design I agree but personally I think Marie is one of the most bland characters in the persona universe, second only to Fuka. Take out the whole
being a part of the deity chain that controls the whole plot and the weather control abilities
and you have a pretty stock "tsundere" ripped out of any mid 2000s anime.

Also on the Theo skin idea, I really just mean I think it would be more likely than a whole new character model,cause yeah it would probably have to run at least $3.99 and that's almost character price.

Edit: rereading what you said it's pretty clear you just meant aesthetics. Oops. Oh well. Hey look at my opinion on Marie I suppose.

Yeah, I meant the aesthetics.

Honestly, I think she's marginally better written than the other characters in the arena games.

Truly, a high-set bar.

I think Levito meant relative to the main games.

84X

Banned
A lot of the voice acting in the Q clips don't seem to be of the greatest quality, maybe the sheer amount of dialogue rushed the direction.

It's still good enough for a spinoff with a (mostly) irrelevant story.

Setsu00

A lot of the voice acting in the Q clips don't seem to be of the greatest quality, maybe the sheer amount of dialogue rushed the direction.

It's still good enough for a spinoff with a (mostly) irrelevant story.

I don't know a lot about PQ's plot, but looking at all the different versions for Zen and Rei you can see in the artbook I get the feeling that they had no clear idea what the story would be this time.

Top Bottom