• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Sophia

It's not true.
It's 6.

So my leaders will be Makoto Yuki and Swag Master.

The "Swag" meme will continue.

YOU HAVE FORCED MY HAND.

>_>;

What about Tatsuya Suou? Actually, I forget if his name can even be changed in EP.

I think you can change it in the Japanese version of EP for the PS1, but only if you carry over saved data from Innocent Sin. I'm not 100% sure on this, however.

No one is happier than I am about that.

tumblr_m1powhRVdz1rqnp16o1_r1_500.gif

I still have to say "fuck Atlus" (not Atlus USA) a bunch, of course, but thanks for getting it done. I don't have any clue what the actual barriers to entry were for getting it overseas, but they were clearly a nightmare. Frankly, it's a job you guys at Atlus USA should never have had to have taken up but whatever. What's done is done.

Game is awesome, which helps.

FluxWaveZ

No it can't. I remember being annoyed by that when I started it up.

Canon names are only canon names when they're not the main character in a game.

I see, so Tatsuya would indeed be the exception in this series as far as the main RPGs go.

I think you can change it in the Japanese version of EP for the PS1, but only if you carry over saved data from Innocent Sin. I'm not 100% sure on this, however.

Oh, that's interesting. Wonder if the PSP version had a similar function, if it was there for the PS1 version.

Preliminary developer/publisher list is out for December's PlayStation event:
Don't know why, but I feel like I've been accustomed to seeing Atlus' logo in images like this.

Sophia

Oh, that's interesting. Wonder if the PSP version had a similar function, if it was there for the PS1 version.

I know there's an option to carry data over in the Japanese PS1 versions. Beyond Tatsuya's level, I don't know what else it carries over.

Nich or somebody who has actually played in Japanese might know?

I see, so Tatsuya would indeed be the exception in this series as far as the main RPGs go.

Yeah, I was just talking about the spinoff media for 3 & 4 before, but Tatsuya does seem to be the exception.

Actually, I've never played Eternal Punishment
(sorry)
but can you change Maya's name in that one? Or is it locked as Maya Amano?

Edit: Okay, then yeah, just Tatsuya. I guess it would be weirder to let you change the name of an established character compared to a canon name being provided for a former MC.

biodude

Neo Member
My min-pin koromaru halloween costume is almost complete! I have to make some adjustments and add my little arm band, but I think it came out alright for a rush job (only was able to work on it for like 2-3 nights)

6f74330f6a.jpg

98d8c38e56.jpg

169b2907e2.jpg

She seems to love it, didn't move at all and walked around just fine with it

What about Tatsuya Suou? Actually, I forget if his name can even be changed in EP.

I think it's different for him. Do you remember when we were talking about character polls in Japan? His name is used. But when referring to both P4MC and P3MC, they are just simply called "主人公" or protagonist.

She seems to love it, didn't move at all and walked around just fine with it

That's pretty cool. I always forget that Koromaru's outfit is supposed to have wings.

biodude

Neo Member
I think it's different for him. Do you remember when we were talking about character polls in Japan? His name is used. But when referring to both P4MC and P3MC, they are just simply called "主人公" or protagonist.

That's pretty cool. I always forget that Koromaru's outfit is supposed to have wings.

Thanks, I wanted to make the wings myself, and could have made them much better than they are- but I really didn't have a lot of free time to work on this. There's always next halloween for V2 though :p

Sophia

Is it just me, or does Marie actually seem to have a personality finally? :p

Some of those lines were actually kind of charming, instead of the usual generic tsundere crap. Eden Riegel's voice acting is as fantastic as always, too.

Obligatory
Huh, that's pretty accurate.
It's not true.
It's 6.
Say whaaa? That sucks :(
PQ Trailers? PQ trailers.

Fusion.

Elizabeth.

Margaret.

Marie.

Theodore.

Margaret and Theodore are sounding great! Marie has some funny lines too. Can't wait for this!
I really like Bryce's performance. I haven't heard of Travis' take on the character but still. Margaret was also pretty good, but the sweets line was lame. Also is Marie likeable now?! "Some of you even act the same"
This is of course excluding her poem/tsundere bit

Also
pretty good avatar, sir

Marche90

Hmm.... Now that I'm thinking about it, my wallet will belong to Sega corporation this November:

-Valkyria Chronicles
-Project Diva F 2nd
-Persona Q.

I'm still thinking how I'm going to stretch my money to get everything. Guess I'll just buy Persona Q in December or just get it with the credit card...

Man, November always sucks with so many videogame releases :s

So my leaders will be Makoto Yuki and Swag Master.

The "Swag" meme will continue.

YOU HAVE FORCED MY HAND.

>_>;

So I'm not the only one to call him swag master. Makes me feel a bit better.

so does a special area unlock after you beat the reaper in P4G like it does in P3FES? I need a good place to grind up to ~lvl75 without spending too much time :/ (lvl 64 now)

I'm about
to fight Adachi

so does a special area unlock after you beat the reaper in P4G like it does in P3FES? I need a good place to grind up to ~lvl75 without spending too much time :/ (lvl 64 now)

I'm about
to fight Adachi
I heard that in Golden you can farm exp by defeating Golden Hands and you level up pretty quickly.

Sophia

So I'm not the only one to call him swag master. Makes me feel a bit better.

I don't normally call him that, but in the absence of being able to use an official name combined with my inability to give him an original name (due to a preexisting personality), I might as well in the name of humor.

As for the P3 protagonist, I'd probably use something like (spoilers),
Pimp Jesus
:p

All that recent FFXV info. Wonder when we'll actually see something of Persona 5.

I hope soon. Square Enix's very recent trend of gradually giving out information and treating their consumers like investors is wonderful, and I wish more companies would do it.

I don't normally call him that, but in the absence of being able to use an official name combined with my inability to give him an original name (due to a preexisting personality), I might as well in the name of humor.

As for the P3 protagonist, I'd probably us something like (spoilers),
Pimp Jesus

I named him that my 1st or 2nd playthrough, don't remember which. Didn't know about his swag stuff at the time though.

And maybe Marie ending up likeable is to compensate for how P4GA made people dislike her.

Who here's dressing up? Not even cosplay or even persona related, just wearing a costume.

Edit:
tumblr_neadobV3Ji1tkzw5uo1_500.jpg

Meia

yeah I try to fight them but I can never kill them :/

If you're around your mid-30s, have a persona with Megido and another with Mind Charge(Black Frost is the earliest to learn that one I think). Almighty damage wipes the floor with gold hands since they can't resist it.

Earlier than that, Chie is your de facto hand killer. Keep Apt Pupil on her to up her crit chance, keep Black Spot on her, and she'll crit half the time she attacks. Try to knock all of the hands down and all out attack to clear them. Using elemental items also works, as they'll always do the damage on the items themselves, even if they're "resistant" to it. :)

And those trailers are so good. That Marie trailer may be among the best the character's been in. All kinds of excited for the game. :D

MSMrRound

yeah I try to fight them but I can never kill them :/

Almighty attacks (all-out attacks seem to count too) work well against them.

When I was just starting out, I'll just bring along Chie in my party for Revolution, which greatly increases the chance of critical hits. Her in-built Apt Pupil is great too.

If I'm lucky enough, Chie will also get to Galaxy Punt the heck out of one or two of them.

Start from focusing on bringing down one of the golden hands, before moving on to trying to get them all.

Also
pretty good avatar, sir

Same to you! I'm only on Chapter 3, but Mahiru's one of my favourite game characters in a long time. So happy PGAF advertised Danganronpa so well.
But back on topic!

Do you guys remember when Sega ruined Atlus? Good times.

I appreciate the sarcasm here.

As for the P3 protagonist, I'd probably use something like (spoilers),
Pimp Jesus

Re:spoiler: Suddenly the design of Angel makes way more sense

I hope soon. Square Enix's very recent trend of gradually giving out information and treating their consumers like investors is wonderful, and I wish more companies would do it.

I agree, Square's current approach to marketing has been pretty awesome.
Helps that they're showing games I actually find interesting again.
Granted, I also like Atlus' approach since the P5 announcement last November with little weekly trailers for their crossover games, so it's just been a nice trend for both companies.

If you're around your mid-30s, have a persona with Megido and another with Mind Charge(Black Frost is the earliest to learn that one I think). Almighty damage wipes the floor with gold hands since they can't resist it.

Earlier than that, Chie is your de facto hand killer. Keep Apt Pupil on her to up her crit chance, keep Black Spot on her, and she'll crit half the time she attacks. Try to knock all of the hands down and all out attack to clear them. Using elemental items also works, as they'll always do the damage on the items themselves, even if they're "resistant" to it. :)

And those trailers are so good. That Marie trailer may be among the best the character's been in. All kinds of excited for the game. :D

I'm level 65 right now, and I didn't keep revolution on Chie :/

I also don't have anything to deal almighty damage

Xenoflare

That was the same character limit in DeSu:O too. Darn.

Chuck Tunoku fits at least, even if Charlie doesn't.

IIRC the manga last name doesn't fit either for DeSu.

I liked
Souji better than Yu anyways

but Minato won't work since Arisato is 7 letters

IIRC the manga last name doesn't fit either for DeSu.

It does not.

Kazuya Minegishi is the manga name, luckily Kazuya Minegi still sorta works for use in the game.

So in Q, if the characters use "Firstname-kun" then thats fine, I'll just use Yu and Makoto, but if its "Lastname-kun" then I'm going to have to figure out something for the P4 side of it.

Busaiku

So I was doing Kanji's rank 7 Social Link, and all of the guides I've seen has it with 2 choices, but I only ever got 1 choice.
I reloaded, and even did it on different days, but I only ever got a single choice.

Are those guides just rehashing Persona 4 stuff (and there were changes in Golden)?
Or did something go really weird with my game.

Dantis

Is it me or there is a sudden blur near the lower half of the picture?

Great drawing, by the way!

Yes there is. If I wasn't lazy I would have blended it in, but I am, so I didn't. I think it looks good when you view the picture as a whole though, it just looks shonky when you focus on the actual line where the blur starts.

Busaiku

Is Yosuke the only one that doesn't go into Yu's room.
I don't recall Teddie going during any events, but he was living there for a couple weeks, so I figure he was in there at least a couple times.

Top Bottom