• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Mdesilva

*P3/P4A spoilers*
Even if Elizabeth's quest pays off, she said that it could take years or eons to complete it. Her acquisition of the fool card was just the start of her journey to save him. It's been like 2 days since the end of Arena 1. It'd be silly if she completed her journey in the course of two days. P5 confirmed to take place in the year 3000
This is a good point and anyone convinced he's in the game is confirmed to be a big dork

Xenoflare

I think P5 would take place in 2017/18 since P3/P4's in game dates are three years ahead of it's release date.

That's not to say that I'm sure about it, to be honest I think P5 is going to be drastically different than P3/P4.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
Okay I'm around 9+ hours in and I'm at the 36th floor on my first run to it and I'm fighting the boss who is easy. Playing on normal.

I really am starting to like this game. Was a little hard to start after 4 but now that I'm getting used to it I'm really enjoying the cast and story.
Thanks for the response!

The experience boosting shuffle time card helps a lot btw. Enjoy!~

I'm actually playing P3 FES for the first time. Coming from P3P, I can't stress how great it is to have 3D models.

Wazzy

Banned
The experience boosting shuffle time card helps a lot btw. Enjoy!~

I'm actually playing P3 FES for the first time. Coming from P3P, I can't stress how great it is to have 3D models.
Thanks!

I want to try FES sometime after I beat P3P. I've heard it's better. I just prefer portable versions so I want to beat this version first. :p

Also what level is usually the best to beat the game at?

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
Thanks!

I want to try FES sometime after I beat P3P. I've heard it's better. I just prefer portable versions so I want to beat this version first. :p

Also what level is usually the best to beat the game at?

I think it's better for various reasons, heh.

Around 70 I'd say.

LProtag

Considering starting from the beginning with the series after having played P3 and P4... though I never did quite finish either of those completely.

Anyway, I'm thinking about playing the PSP version of Persona. Anything I should know?

Acid08

Banned
Considering starting from the beginning with the series after having played P3 and P4... though I never did quite finish either of those completely.

Anyway, I'm thinking about playing the PSP version of Persona. Anything I should know?
Choose Elly for your last party member. The rest are scrubs.

pretty soon Persona will be stepping into FF territory with all those numbers after the name lol... I could see a newcomer to the series getting so lost with all these games

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member

Demon negotiation is good way to escape from battles because, trust me, you'll be in a lot of them.

Choose Elly for your last party member. The rest are scrubs.

This man speaks the truth

*P3/P4A spoilers*
Even if Elizabeth's quest pays off, she said that it could take years or eons to complete it. Her acquisition of the fool card was just the start of her journey to save him. It's been like 2 days since the end of Arena 1. It'd be silly if she completed her journey in the course of two days. P5 confirmed to take place in the year 3000

Exactly.
That's why I wasn't expecting him. But I do believe he will come back in a new game. If this game is a P3, P4, or P3/P4 sequel I don't know. But probably won't be a fighting game. I don't believe at all that P5 will be connected directly with P3 and P4 plots

Regarding the gameplay hour... my first P3 run cost me 80 hours. My first P4G run was about 70 hours.

CorvoSol

Yo real talk: When Buddha tells you to pick Reiji, pick Elly.

I mean, Reiji's okay but fuck him PICK ELLY.

When Buddha and I tell you to pick Nanjo in Persona 2, pick Elly.

I mean, Nanjo is a cool guy and his side of the story is pretty sweet but fuck him PICK ELLY.

Do you understand the rules, son?

PICK. ELLY.

Mdesilva

Exactly.
That's why I wasn't expecting him. But I do believe he will come back in a new game. If this game is a P3, P4, or P3/P4 sequel I don't know. But probably won't be a fighting game. I don't believe at all that P5 will be connected directly with P3 and P4 plots
I doubt that. The only reason I could see him returning is just to be IN a fighting game- a genre where they constantly revive characters just to fill their roster.

Mdesilva

I really doubt that Liz's new journey would be for nothing. And in the end of PQ there's also something that [isn't a real PQ spoiler]. So Atlus is currently releasing games that goes in that direction.
What the hell man how was I supposed to know there'd be Persona Q spoilers in the tags

EDIT: it wasn't real

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
Fuck you guys for making me want to retry Innocent Sin now

This much P1/2 talk is tempting me to give it another chance. FUCK.

You wouldn't believe how satisfying it felt when I beat Innocent Sin. It was a mixture of relief at not having to grind through dungeons anymore and happiness for seeing the game's awesome story through to the end.

What the hell man how was I supposed to know there'd be Persona Q spoilers in the tags

I didn't say what it is. And is not a story related thing. I don't think it's a spoiler. And honestly, I saw that in this thread with no spoiler tags and I didn't see anybody complaining. I think a lot of people here knows what I'm talking about.

Mdesilva

I didn't enjoy what I played of it enough to continue, but I may try it again until I get bored/frustrated/tired of it

or finish it, that'd be cool too

Guess Who

Banned
I didn't say what it is. And is not a story related thing. I don't think it's a spoiler. And honestly, I saw that in this thread with no spoiler tags and I didn't see anybody complaining. I think a lot of people here knows what I'm talking about.

It's absolutely, 100%, unquestionably a spoiler.

LX_Theo

Banned

Just read what you wrote. Its definitely spoilery. Much more so than you seem to think. Its vague, but its content matter could be a notable spoiler. I have literally no idea what way it could not be a spoiler when you're talking about something
at the latter end of a game.

PK Gaming

Yo real talk: When Buddha tells you to pick Reiji, pick Elly.

I mean, Reiji's okay but fuck him PICK ELLY.

When Buddha and I tell you to pick Nanjo in Persona 2, pick Elly.

I mean, Nanjo is a cool guy and his side of the story is pretty sweet but fuck him PICK ELLY.

Do you understand the rules, son?

PICK. ELLY.

Yes, trust this man. He knows from experience :mad:

Mdesilva

I know (well, I guess now I can say *knew*) anything about Persona Q's story, and wanted to keep it that way. The title also says not to spoil stuff as well. This is really big considering I had no idea what to expect going into the game, and now not only will I be waiting for a specific thing, making me concentrate on it, but it won't be a surprise anymore.

And while it was in tags, there was nothing to let me know it didn't have to do with the games we were discussing (Arena/Ultimax). Not. Cool.

It's absolutely, 100%, unquestionably a spoiler.

Just read what you wrote. Its definitely spoilery. Much more so than you seem to think. Its vague, but its content matter could be a notable spoiler. I have literally no idea what way it could not be a spoiler when you're talking about something
at the latter end of a game.

I deleted then. But again, It was opened discussed in the OT5 thread. I remember discussing this thing with Flux and there weren't any problem with that. It's no story related thing.

FluxWaveZ

But again, It was opened discussed in the OT5 thread. I remember discussing this thing with Flux and there weren't any problem with that.

Huh, me? I stopped following absolutely everything about Persona Q except for official news right when it was released. I haven't even listened to any of the uploaded music from it. Might have the wrong person, because I'm not really aware of what goes on in PQ aside from what was shown before release from PSC and such. Don't want to know anything, either.

LX_Theo

Banned
I deleted then. But again, It was opened discussed in the OT5 thread. I remember discussing this thing with Flux and there weren't any problem with that. It's no story related thing.

Well, I don't know what it is specifically. Maybe its how your phrased it. But it sounded like a spoiler in every feasible way.

PK Gaming

Having spoiled myself silly on Persona Q, I found nothing that indicated that Ganzlinger's post was true.

(Vague Persona Q ending spoilers)

That something he was referring to was more along the lines of "we'll meet again." Typical anime stuff.

You guys are safe.

Mdesilva

I honestly am praying you don't know what you're talking about and this isn't in the game, Ganzlinger. No one knowing about it gives me a little hope.

;_; I'm spoiled and in denial aren't I

Edit: Thanks, PK! Really happy I'll be going in fresh after all.

But really- anything like that WOULD assuredly be a spoiler if it were real. Think next time, please.

I know (well, I guess now I can say *knew*) anything about Persona Q's story, and wanted to keep it that way. The title also says not to spoil stuff as well. This is really big considering I had no idea what to expect going into the game, and now not only will I be waiting for a specific thing, making me concentrate on it, but it won't be a surprise anymore.

And while it was in tags, there was nothing to let me know it didn't have to do with the games we were discussing (Arena/Ultimax). Not. Cool.

I'm sorry man.
But again, this thing has nothing to do with the game's story and it's no indicative that Makoto will come back. I think it's better if I tell what I'm talking about than you start to speculate things. I promise that won't ruin your game experience.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
I honestly am praying you don't know what you're talking about and this isn't in the game, Ganzlinger. No one knowing about it gives me a little hope.

;_; I'm spoiled and in denial

If he's talking about what I think he's talking about then you're fine~ It's literally in like the first 10 minutes of the game.

Having spoiled myself silly on Persona Q, I found nothing that indicated that Ganzlinger's post was true.

(Vague Persona Q ending spoilers)

That something was more along the lines of "we'll meet again." Typical anime stuff.

You guys are safe.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about! Thanks.

But really- anything like that WOULD assuredly be a spoiler if it were real. Think next time, please.

I'll certainly do that next time. I won't talk about PQ ever again and I hope you aren't mad with me. Seriously, I was feeling bad here.

Huh, me? I stopped following absolutely everything about Persona Q except for official news right when it was released. I haven't even listened to any of the uploaded music from it. Might have the wrong person, because I'm not really aware of what goes on in PQ aside from what was shown before release from PSC and such. Don't want to know anything, either.

It was before the release.

I really am starting to like this game. Was a little hard to start after 4 but now that I'm getting used to it I'm really enjoying the cast and story.
I remember that something similar happened to me, after finishing P3, I was sad to not see those characters anymore so when I began playing P4 I was like "someone return Yukari to me pls" and I started hating that you couldn't go to dungeons in the afternoon and the structure of them, but after getting the hang of it I began to really like the game and realize that P4 is a better game overall.

Haha, glad to see you're enjoying the game. I think for the last boss you should be around level 70+.

Mdesilva

I'll certainly do that next time. I won't talk about PQ ever again and I hope you aren't mad with me. Seriously, I was feeling bad here.
It's all good, just a misunderstanding. But I think you shouldn't really mention anything from the game that wasn't revealed pre-release unless it's tagged. If you mark it as spoilers, say whatever you want! Just be careful next time.

So yeah, no hard feelings, we're cool. I was just mad at the thought of my experience being altered because I knew something (or at least something I didn't seek out myself).

If you mark it as spoilers, say whatever you want!
I think this should be rewritten as "say whatever you want, if its not about PQ or Ultimax." Those spoilers aren't allowed, even when marked.

So if you're talking about PQ or Ultimax and feel the need to mark something as spoilers, don't post it at all.

It's all good, just a misunderstanding. But I think you shouldn't really mention anything from the game that wasn't revealed pre-release unless it's tagged. If you mark it as spoilers, say whatever you want! Just be careful next time.

So yeah, no hard feelings, we're cool. I was just mad at the thought of my experience being altered because I knew something (or at least something I didn't seek out myself).

Thanks, man. And again, I'm sorry for all this misunderstanding.

Mdesilva

I think this should be rewritten as "say whatever you want, if its not about PQ or Ultimax." Those spoilers aren't allowed, even when marked.

So if you're talking about PQ or Ultimax and feel the need to mark something as spoilers, don't post it at all.
People mention [REDACTED] in tags all the time. I was under the impression that there was no problem with that, am I wrong?

Top Bottom