• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

People mention (P4AU spoilers)
Adachi
in tags all the time. I was under the impression that there was no problem with that, am I wrong?
That's not a Ultimax spoiler, it's a P4 spoiler. Ultimax really can't be spoiled yet, it's not even released. Anything we know about the game, Atlus wants us to know.

But really, the topic title says "(No PQ or P4U spoilers!)." Since tagging spoilers from other Persona games is implied, I'm pretty sure that means no spoilers, whatsoever.

LX_Theo

Banned
People mention (P4AU spoilers)
Adachi
in tags all the time. I was under the impression that there was no problem with that, am I wrong?

Technically I think there's little actual issue with saying the actual spoiler for that (since its a spoiler for a previous game, really). Many just see it as being polite and whatnot to refer to [Redacted] as the spoiler it is so it doesn't spoil anyone who doesn't know yet and jumps in on the thread.

I just found that the silly event PK said in that tag, which was the one I was referring, was openly discussed in the page 206 of the Persona Community OT5. Apparently it was seen in one of those PQ pre-release trailers. And with that, we discussed (P3 spoilers)
Makoto's return.
The event occurs actually in the beginning of the game.

So you guys are safe and sound. But of course, don't go there if you don't want to know anything.

You know who I want to see in Ultimax? (P4 spoilers)
Namatame. He's the reason the IT got their Personas and so. Maybe he could get another form of Izanagi? I don't think he lost his power at the end of P4. But I dunno what weapon he could have. I also want to see more of Mitsuo, He didn't confront his other self so maybe he could accept that he is nothing and return as a boss character? (Of course I just want to see a videogame-like Persona :p). Man, I really like P4's fake killers.

Aside from those characters, I really want Dojima to be a NPC. In P4A he only appeared in one picture and was mentioned once. Every other major and viable P3 and P4 character is appearing in Ultimax (assuming Nanako once again a navigator means she will have a cameo in the story mode like in P4A) cept' for him.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
You know who I want to see in Ultimax? (P4 spoilers)
Namatame. He's the reason the IT got their Personas and so. Maybe he could get another form of Izanagi? I don't think he lost his power at the end of P4. But I dunno what weapon he could have. I also want to see more of Mitsuo, He didn't confront his other self so maybe he could accept that he is nothing and return as a boss character? (Of course I just want to see a videogame-like Persona :p). Man, I really like P4's fake killers.

He was a delivery man so he'd obviously fight using cardboard boxes. boxing

that was bad

Wazzy

Banned
I remember that something similar happened to me, after finishing P3, I was sad to not see those characters anymore so when I began playing P4 I was like "someone return Yukari to me pls" and I started hating that you couldn't go to dungeons in the afternoon and the structure of them, but after getting the hang of it I began to really like the game and realize that P4 is a better game overall.

Haha, glad to see you're enjoying the game. I think for the last boss you should be around level 70+.
Haha yeah it's hard when you enjoy something more and then start something different.

Thanks!

Also I can't tell if the cameo's I'm seeing right now are originally from this game or are from 4 lol

CorvoSol

Yes, trust this man. He knows from experience :mad:

Why have this:

Isz6ur2.jpg

When you could have this:

I think you know what you have to do.

Played a few matches against Banja and Flux.

Damn Flux has a lot of time on his hands.

haha, yeah flux is good. Try facing Twilt, and a few others from the IRC channel for more competition.

I plan on kicking all their asses once ultimax releases. :p

LOL. the salt is extreme right now.

This is the greatest thing ive ever seen. Makoto confirmed to be in Yu's instant kill (final smash)

Seeing news about a new Disgaea reminded me how much I've always wanted a Persona SRPG. Instead of party members you control multiple Persona's in the field. You would be able to fuse units to make better ones just like in both of those series. Since Atlus is pretty keen of taking every genre under the sun and slapping Persona on it, I have at least a little bit of hope that this might happen.

arue

Seeing news about a new Disgaea reminded me how much I've always wanted a Persona SRPG. Instead of party members you control multiple Persona's in the field. You would be able to fuse units to make better ones just like in both of those series. Since Atlus is pretty keen of taking every genre under the sun and slapping Persona on it, I have at least a little bit of hope that this might happen.

An SRPG Persona sounds like Devil Survivor. The DeSu series will be forgotten if there is a Persona SRPG.

arue

I've never actually played DeSu so I wouldn't know >_> I've been meaning to though!

Oh my apologies. I was about to tell you what DeSu is, but I got a feeling you already know what it is about.

And it's good that you're going to play it. DeSu games are not as immersive as Persona, but they're still great.

Do you guys think eternal punishment will ever get released on the European psn store? There really is no way to play it except for switching regions and I really do want to do that.

Silky

Banned
Ok, before people start jumping all over you, I'll hear you out.

Why do you think it'll be bad?

What is this.

Rhythm games generally depend on a lot of variety in the music to be considered decent at best IMO. Persona doesn't really have variety in it's music because a lot of it follows some sort of theme from the OSTs I've listened of 3 and 4. It's also going to be a gam focused on the story than the music considering that it's canon, so I'm not having any high hopes to be nothing more than than average.

But hey I can be proven wrong. P4A is an example of such. But there hasn't been any good rhythm games in so long...

Dancing all Night will most likely be yet another awesome Persona game. An awesome rhythm game? ...not likely imo

Dantis

Rhythm games generally depend on a lot of variety in the music to be considered decent at best IMO. Persona doesn't really have variety in it's music because a lot of it follows some sort of theme from the OSTs I've listened of 3 and 4. It's also going to be a gam focused on the story than the music considering that it's canon, so I'm not having any high hopes to be nothing more than than average.

But hey I can be proven wrong. P4A is an example of such. But there hasn't been any good rhythm games in so long...

Dancing all Night will most likely be yet another awesome Persona game. An awesome rhythm game? ...not likely imo

Persona actually has a huuuuuuuge variety of music. But I agree that Dancing All Night will probably only focus on a very small selection of that, because it's going to be poppy vocal tracks.

Sophia

Sophia, do you guys still play PSO2? Im thinking about giving it another go.

PSO2 is dead. Most ISPs in the US are still unable to connect to the game, and even if we ever do come back I'm done because Sega isn't trustworthy.

Persona actually has a huuuuuuuge variety of music. But I agree that Dancing All Night will probably only focus on a very small selection of that, because it's going to be poppy vocal tracks.

It'll probably be poppy vocal tracks because it seems the focus is only on Persona 4 and nothing else, and that's half of P4's soundtrack. :p

Silky

Banned
And that's my issue. I mean most rhythm games have a decent balance of different genres. With this game I'll be lucky to even get Mass Destruction :/

Yeah, going by the trailer, I doubt they'll have 'The Genesis' or 'Battle for Everyone's Souls'. Though that raises another question, have they mentioned any P3 involvement?

Dantis

It'll probably be poppy vocal tracks because it seems the focus is only on Persona 4 and nothing else, and that's half of P4's soundtrack. :p

Well, not really. Vanilla P4 only had a handful. Of the 50 tracks on the OST, there's, what, six vocal tracks?

Sophia

Well, not really. Vanilla P4 only had a handful. Of the 50 tracks on the OST, there's, what, six vocal tracks?

There's more then that if we're not counting vocal tracks.

They did mention some pretty good collaborations for Dancing All Night, and Dingo does good work, so I'm not worried in that aspect. I do hope there's more than just Persona 4 music in it however.

Keep in mind, it's going to be remixes of persona songs, so they can kinda force variety in there.

The two artists specifically mentioned, Tetsuya Komuro and Daisuke Asakura, both specialized in electronic music. So expect a lot of dance/eurobeat/electronic/trance in there. With occasional Rock and Pop.

Lunar15

I have a feeling the game will be fine as a rhythm game, given that the creator is pretty experienced with that by now. However, are the Miku games even known for their variety? I would assume they're all pop songs.

Actually, I'm having a hard time understanding the variety = good train of thought. Most rhythm games cover one or two genres, no? Also, we really have no idea if the game will have P3 music, but I have a good feeling it will.

So what genre would YOU like to see tracks remixed into? Polka or Nu Metal?

I think it's high time we heard the screamo version of Never More.

Andrefpvs

Persona doesn't really have variety in it's music because a lot of it follows some sort of theme from the OSTs I've listened of 3 and 4

Whoa, this is so definitely not true. Even if we're talking only about music composed by Meguro, the man has amazing range.

Regarding P4D, I guess I can understand your concerns if we look at the currently known tracklist:

c036c074e1.png

I wonder if we'll also get non-vocal tracks. It would be disappointing if there's no Mist/Fog in this game.

PSO2 is dead. Most ISPs in the US are still unable to connect to the game, and even if we ever do come back I'm done because Sega isn't trustworthy.

Really? Did SEGA block western ips from connecting to the japanese servers or something?

P4D is gonna be awesome, i can assure you all of that.

Lunar15

I'd assume that it would be close to 100% Meguro music, unless they brought in some Kitajoh tracks from Arena or PQ or something.

EDIT: Ah, yes but remixed by other artists. That's important to note.

P3/4 OST remixes will be orgasmic. Kind of tempted to just buy the OST game instead of the game since I'm not a fan of that genre. Will such a thing be possible? I doubt it since the music is presumably a massive draw to such a game.

Lunar15

P3/4 OST remixes will be orgasmic. Kind of tempted to just buy the OST game instead of the game since I'm not a fan of that genre. Will such a thing be possible? I doubt it since the music is presumably a massive draw to such a game.

Don't you want to dance with disco ninja frog?

Top Bottom