• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

So expect a lot of dance/eurobeat/electronic/trance in there. With occasional Rock and Pop.

So P4D...
1378629710029.jpg

The only thing that I think is confirmed is that the music will be remixed by people other than him. That's what it said in the trailer, at least.

I expect at least Avicii...

Sophia

I could be off the mark, mind you. However given what was shown off in the trailer + the history of the artists, that's what I expect.

LX_Theo

Banned
For the P5 soundtrack, I would love if Meguro goes full Naoto Tanaka and fills the soundtrack with a bunch of rap.

Not sure that would work thematically. With all they've talked about how its going to be about overcoming obstacles as a theme, its hard to imagine fitting in THAT much. For P3, it worked with the urban setting, and I doubt they'll try to repeat themselves in the setting style either (as in urban to be urban).

That's because it's a sprite, when he's facing the other way it'd be right. Same reason why the characters hold their weapons in different hands when they look in different directions.

You're right, dude. I can't believe I didn't notice that happening with Mitsuru during Arena gameplay. lol

This page so far

DALÉ

I don't like the dude, but it would be hilarious to see Narukami dancing with that music.

I'm sure P4D will have a pretty cool soundtrack. If the trailer is anything to go by, I'm not worried.

I'm actually more interested to see the gameplay, because it looks different than the Miku games.

Squire

Banned
It's gonna be all about P4AU for a few weeks yet. They started talking more about Ultimax close to PQs release, right? That's when all the trailers started? P4D should be like that. Should start hearing about if mid-late August as Ultimax is coming out. I wanna say it'd be at TGS too, but who knows.

P5 I'm almost convinced isn't coming out in JP until Jan/Feb.

sjack

Banned
I really don't understand people who clamour for Makoto to be a playable character in arena. His sacrifice and death is what made Persona 3's ending and game as a whole such a meaningful experience. Bringing him back so he can have a "happy ending" and as fanservice extremely trivializes what made the P3 ending so memorable.

FluxWaveZ

It's gonna be all about P4AU for a few weeks yet. They started talking more about Ultimax close to PQs release, right? That's when all the trailers started? P4D should be like that. Should start hearing about if mid-late August as Ultimax is coming out.

We started hearing about P4AU more than a month before PQ's release, in late April when the trailers started with Rise's reveal.

I really don't understand people who clamour for Makoto to be a playable character in arena. His sacrifice and death is what made Persona 3's ending and game as a whole such a meaningful experience. Bringing him back so he can have a "happy ending" and as fanservice extremely trivializes what made the P3 ending so memorable.

You have a fair point. But each one has their own experience in the game. Mine wouldn't be damaged if he is back, so I don't mind it. I personally don't think that bringing him back would make everyone magically forget that pain and the beauty of enjoying life (memento mori). The lesson was learned and I won't forget that. BTW it's Atlus, since The Answer, who keep giving hope to people. Blame them not the fanbase. lol

Dantis

I think that's a given. 5 is the anomaly.

I have become skeptical since they removed it from the site. Previously I had thought that we would have definitely seen it by now, but now I have no idea what's happening.

I do hope we see or hear something about it soon, even if it's just Atlus saying that it's been delayed.

We started hearing about P4AU more than a month before PQ's release, in late April when the trailers started with Rise's reveal.

In that case, time is running out for it to follow the same pattern. REVEAL YOUR SECRETS TO ME, ATLUS.

OK, sorry guys.

But how can I delete the double post?

Personally, I'd just leave it and try not to do it again.

FluxWaveZ

Hmm, alright. My theory remains unchanged.

Yeah, I don't think they'll be showing off P4D this month considering the upcoming PSC episode this week (which looks P4AU focused, if anything) and the fact that the P4AU tease for the issue of Famitsu and the website unveil was closer to the middle of the month than later.

Wonder if they'll show it in August, though, seeing how the next issue of Persona Magazine features P4AU on the cover, not P4D. The PQ cover issue of Persona Magazine was released after PQ's release, but it's a different matter because we've barely seen anything about P4D, while P4AU had been out in arcades, so you'd think they'd want to promote it front and center.

Yo flux, you up for a few games of Arena? I haven't played in a while and wanna brush up on my skills.

Sure, playing against Twilt right now.

It's gonna be all about P4AU for a few weeks yet. They started talking more about Ultimax close to PQs release, right? That's when all the trailers started? P4D should be like that. Should start hearing about if mid-late August as Ultimax is coming out. I wanna say it'd be at TGS too, but who knows.

P5 I'm almost convinced isn't coming out in JP until Jan/Feb.
Well Winter 2014 is Jan-March 2015... So Atlus is right on track!

That's pretty impressive. Did u make that?
Nah, I just applied the sprite to this image:

Xenoflare

It's really killing me. Not sure whether to just buy the vanilla game or wait for possibly DS 2 3DS news :p

I don't know how can this game be stuck in development hell, it's a port.

I think it might have something to do with the fact that the game was announced during the Index fiasco last year so this game might got thrown away during the process.

LX_Theo

Banned

I think it would be interesting if they
brought him back as a fighter without undoing his sacrifice. There are a number of ways they could do that.
At the same time, I don't really want them to do it because I don't think they'll end up doing it in a way like that.

Top Bottom