• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

I've had that thought ever since The Genesis in Persona 4. It actually felt inappropriate that there would be a gradual build-up to
the Reach Out To The Truth remix
, even if one wasn't half-way through the battle. It might have been too much effort, but I thought it would have been better had that part of the song only kicked in when victory was in sight; perhaps dividing the song into two phases based on the boss' health.

Definitely a cool idea, though I won't be that disappointed if Persona 5 doesn't feature it.

Yeah, I've had that thought too. It would be cool if they do that in P5. Maybe they can do it now with the PS3, who knows.

Style

Banned
Wouldn't context-based music require more effort/work from the composer? Meguro is busy enough making music for all things related to Persona.

Sophia

Wouldn't context-based music require more effort/work from the composer? Meguro is busy enough making music for all things related to Persona.

It requires pre-planning, at the very last. It's more something you have to set out to do from the start.

Watched the second episode of P4GA last night after coming home from camping, thought it was better in some aspects from the first episode, along with seeing it as pretty funny.
Along with I am liking P4GA ending theme Dazzling Smile

Andrefpvs

I'm a sucker for context-based music. Even activating a few tracks or instruments as the battle gets heated gets me really pumped!

Style

Banned
It requires pre-planning, at the very last. It's more something you have to set out to do from the start.

I remember reading somewhere that the composer for Metal Gear Rising had to work very close with the production team to set it up. I imagine Meguro is already working close with the Persona 5 production team, but I don't know the extent of it.

Style

Banned
Oh yeah, I forgot that Metal Gear Rising uses different music for general battles and boss fights in each area making the workload bigger. Since Persona reuses a lot of tracks that issue wouldn't rise. Plus it is a turn based game.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
Been wondering for a while, how would you guys feel about Atlus making a proper P3/P4 rpg? Not like PQ, I mean something that takes place after Arena if decide to continue the story.

PK Gaming

I seriously don't want to talk about this, but the passive aggressiveness on Twitter/IRC has gotten to a point where I feel it does need some closure.

Re: DanganRonpa sprites

It was just a fun little thing I did to add flavor to my posts. I never intended for it to derail discussions. I never intended to annoy users with them, and I sure as hell never wanted them to become a "thing." This isn't a call out post of any kind (if anything, I think the bitter/snarky posts on Twitter/IRC are far more obnoxious) but the fact that some users are literally dissuaded from contributing to PersonaGAF means we should probably do something. DanganRonpa is awesome, but we should refrain from making it a major point of discussion in PersonaGAF. That means:

-Toning down the amount of DR sprites posted from now. Basically, no more DR sprite chains.
-No more DR discussions, unless someone here is actually playing through the game.
-NO SPOILERS

I hope you guys can understand where i'm coming from. I hate having to be "that guy."

EDIT: Shit, I didn't mean to come across as abrasive. To be honest, I guess I got a little angry when the discussions about this on Twitter. My apologies.

biodude

Neo Member
Quick question, without spoiling the true ending:

In p4g, if I get the true true ending, is it the same as getting the vanilla true ending with an extension? or is the true ending different overall from the original if I max marie's s-link while getting the true ending

Jintor

I always liked clearly foreign boss. Super sad they didn't get the Latina lady back for SR4. I had to be French instead.

In p4g, if I get the true true ending, is it the same as getting the vanilla true ending with an extension? or is the true ending different overall from the original if I max marie's s-link while getting the true ending

P4G true ending just has the epilogue added to the end. The true ending is still the same.

Sophia

I seriously don't want to talk about this, but the passive aggressiveness on Twitter/IRC has gotten to a point where I feel it does need some closure.

It was just a fun little thing I did to add flavor to my posts. I never intended for it to derail discussions. I never intended to annoy users with them, and I sure as hell never wanted them to become a "thing." This isn't a call out post of any kind (if anything, I think the bitter/snarky posts on Twitter/IRC are far more obnoxious) but the fact that some users are literally dissuaded from contributing to PersonaGAF means we should probably do something. DanganRonpa is awesome, but we should refrain from making it a major point of discussion in PersonaGAF. That means:

-Toning down the amount of DR sprites posted from now. Basically, no more DR sprite chains.
-No more DR discussions, unless someone here is actually playing through the game.
-NO SPOILERS

I hope you guys can understand where i'm coming from. I hate having to be "that guy."

I think it's best to say not to go overboard on it. Community threads are always going to have a little bit of this stuff, but people should exercise judgement in knowing when they've gone too far.

We're pretty good at getting back on topic at any rate!

There's no true-true ending. The P4G True Ending is the same as the True Ending in the vanilla game. The epilogue occurs post credits. If being a completionist doesn't matter to you, you could always look the epilogue up on YouTube.

CorvoSol

I take
Two steps forward, you take one step back
We come together
'Cause opp-o-sites attract~

Laura Bailey is the main reason why I played a female Boss in SR3 and 4. Her voice is so perfect for the role.

EDIT: Gonna honour aniki's wishes.

I'm still wallowing in the shame of yet again choosing not-Laura Bailey for my wife in FE:A.

Style

Banned
Have there been any words about a story episode for the newly revealed Ultimax DLC character? A coming soon box has been added to the character section of the official site, but nothing at the story section.

Acid08

Banned

-NO SPOILERS

EDIT: Shit, I didn't mean to come across as abrasive. To be honest, I guess I got a little angry when the discussions about this on Twitter. My apologies.
PK I love your DR sprites. Just shop the heads onto Yukiko's body or something, maybe people would whine less.

-NO SPOILERS

It's ok, man. I understand your point. And don't stress about it. You made this thread more fun to read to various members, including myself, when you used these sprites. We just got too excited and we started to use them without moderation thus leading to more quotes and discussion about DR. People who aren't into DR have their right to complain. So I apologize for that.

Dugna

So playing through FES just one more time before I head to P3P, but just wondering how are the slinks with the male teammates in P3P? Do they actually reveal tons more about each character or just there for some change because it's the FemMC?

Nap1400

Didn't Nocturne kinda sorta have context-based music changes for the Reason Battles? It changed from the miniboss theme to its own theme in both Ahriman and Noah's fights.

Shouldn't be too hard to do something like that in Persona.

^ Male S. Links don't exist. The arcanas are all unrelated NPCs.

Kssio_Aug

Uuuhulll!! o/ Just platinated Persona 4 Golden! Finally, it took longer then I expected tbh!
But it was worth it! I loved that game, and I just hunt trophies of games that I really enjoy! =)

Dugna

Didn't Nocturne kinda sorta have context-based music changes for the Reason Battles? It changed from the miniboss theme to its own theme in both Ahriman and Noah's fights.

I thought the male teammates in P3P had slinks on the FemMC side.

Nap1400

Oh, doy. Thought you were talking about MaleC for a second. Confusing context with the genders.

But yeah, male social links are some of the best part about FemC's side. Junpei and Shinji gets a ton more development, and you get to hang out with your dog. Plus you don't have to suffer through Nozomi and Kenji.

Not from what I remember, the only time that music change during a major battle was for the
Katsuguchi Battle

Caladrius

It changed completely once Ahriman and Noah transformed into their 2nd forms. I wouldn't really call it dynamic.

So playing through FES just one more time before I head to P3P, but just wondering how are the slinks with the male teammates in P3P? Do they actually reveal tons more about each character or just there for some change because it's the FemMC?

Yes, they reveal more about each character's personality. Ken and Akihiko are also good S. Links.

Meia

The idea of dynamic music is interesting, and I think that's what Meguro usually goes for in the basic battle tracks without having the ability to have it happen in game. I mean, almost all of the battle tracks usually have a basic beat that builds to a chorus of sorts, before going back to normal. It is AWESOME in a battle when things actually match with the music in that way(velvet room chorus starting just as you hear another Avatar quote in "Battle for Everyone's Souls", chorus kicking in on Reach Out to the Truth when you go in for an All Out Attack and the music seems to get louder), but the novelty of that may wear off it if constantly happens.

Guess it depends if Persona 5 is going to have one main battle track again or not.

Moonlight

Banned
At the very least, I'd like a variety of battle themes. P4G did good with Time To Make History for standard battles and Reach Out To The Truth for preemptive strikes. Just tack on something for enemy ambushes and we've got all the angles covered.

King Fost

Neo Member
I know in DDS1, Meguro composed a couple different alternate versions of the main battle theme, primarily depending on if you're ambushed or something. So we might get something like that.

Anxiously awaiting for when the OP/ED from P4GA are released as singles. They're really solid.

I'm also reminded that I really should try to track down a way to get the soundtrack for the P4Anime in a physical form (that doesn't require me to buy all the BDs)...

Squire

Banned
Does Margaret's social like link have a deadline? Can I wait until the true ending to do it or do I have to get it done by February 5th?

You can do it all in one day. Ranking it up doesn't make time pass. That's how I did it.

In theory you should have no problem doing it on the very last day before the True Ending.

Sophia

The only thing about Margaret's Social Link is that
if you wish to fight Margaret in battle, you must complete it before completing Magatsu Inaba.
Beyond that it has no deadline.

Moonlight

Banned
If P4G is gonna be good for anything, it'll be good for a hopefully extended True Story dub for the band event.

so please don't fuck that one up P4G

Squire

Banned
If P4G is gonna be good for anything, it'll be good for a hopefully extended True Story dub for the band event.

so please don't fuck that one up P4G

Dub hopes may as well be dashed. They'll probably do one ecru ally, but you'll have to empty out your back account to afford it.

I was so conflicted the whole time!

On topic, though: I really want Laura Bailey to do some more Rise singing in Dancing now.

My wish is for Atlus to release Laura's version of True Story from P4G as a single or something. Or please include it as a song for the Investigation Team to dance to.

That was like one of the highlight moments for me in the game.

Firestar

The only thing about Margaret's Social Link is that
if you wish to fight Margaret in battle, you must complete it before completing Magatsu Inaba.
Beyond that it has no deadline.

I think you just need to complete it before the last day (3/20) not before magatsu inaba because I've done it in January. Also need all optional bosses.

Top Bottom