• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

wmlk

The Genesis was so perfect during the battle. Honestly, context based songs are okay when it's done like Nier, where everything transitions beautifully (for example, this is actually like a ton of different versions combined into one song).

However, with this, you're already trudging through several minutes of what's going to be a long battle. Hearing Reach Out to the Truth midway through got me amped up more than any other final boss theme.

The Battle for Everyone's Souls set the stage, but The Genesis was totally awesome in its own way. Reminded me of some long Final Fantasy final boss music but with an awesome leitmotif.

Sophia

I think you just need to complete it before the last day (3/20) not before magatsu inaba because I've done it in January. Also need all optional bosses.

I've never actually fought Margaret in Golden, so I'm not 100% sure, but in vanilla you absolutely needed it done by the time you finished Magtasu Inaba.

PK Gaming

DID YOU KNOW?

There are several line and sprite alterations in Persona 4: Golden:

iOr0Goi.png
===>
VCNe87J.png

igLztS3.png
===>
CPhKJbB.png

Bp7sP8y.png
===>
WyZynPi.png

tZZSVVa.png
===>
bTgQJdA.png

The amount of changes between versions is honestly pretty staggering.

Using Yosuke's money to the point of bankruptcy is one thing, but in the red?!
Those to are such an old married couple it's not even funny.

Seriously, that was a dick move.

I feel the "Hoho" added in Golden really adds a new layer to the conversation.
That layer being 'she ate Santa Claus'.

Wazzy

Banned
Okay Koromaru is so adorable I have to use him. He might not be good but I don't even care.

It looks like my main party is Akihiko, Yukari, MC and Koromaru. I was using Junpei previously but I need a healer.

Zareka

The prospect of dynamic music is making me all giddy inside but I know it'll never happen if P5 is still a turn based game. Multiple battle themes would more than make up for it, though.
Okay Koromaru is so adorable I have to use him. He might not be good but I don't even care.
Koromaru was awful for me but who cares, DOG.

I really need to start posting here more often, too! Too much time spent playing games and lurking whenever I do pop in here. :p

Wazzy

Banned
Koromaru was awful for me but who cares, DOG.

I really need to start posting here more often, too! Too much time spent playing games and lurking whenever I do pop in here. :p
He's actually be okay so far but I think he won't be as good towards the end of the game as other party members. Oh well, I love him too much to boot him. :D

On floor 100 now. I hope I'm going thought the game at a decent pace and not too slow.

Acid08

Banned
Koro is a fine party member. Like most of the characters he'll be bad against a boss at some point or another, most of the party members weaknesses get preyed upon at different points.

Wazzy

Banned
Koro is a fine party member. Like most of the characters he'll be bad against a boss at some point or another, most of the party members weaknesses get preyed upon at different points.
That's good to hear.

Is there any persona recommendations? I've got a combination of Lamia, Tam Lin, Jack Frost and Ares that cover a lot of weaknesses but I'm wondering if there's a better one for where I'm at.

I'm not having any trouble but it would be nice to know if there's a good persona available.

I looked up black frost and apparently he's available in September, is he still great in this like he was in 4?

Acid08

Banned
That's good to hear.

Is there any persona recommendations? I've got a combination of Lamia, Tam Lin, Jack Frost and Ares that cover a lot of weaknesses but I'm wondering if there's a better one for where I'm at.

I'm not having any trouble but it would be nice to know if there's a good persona available.

I looked up black frost and apparently he's available in September, is he still great in this like he was in 4?
Nah, he's not nearly as good iirc. You're probably still aways off from this but when you can fuse Sert, the ultimate Magician Persona. Dude is seriously fucking killer.

PK Gaming

Koro suffers from awful stat optimization; a speedster that splits magic and strength (what are you going to use strength for??) but he's pretty versatile. Much better in P3P since you can control his mudo / masukukaja usage.

He should keep up in damage, provided you give him the auto-tarukaja/giga magic boost accessory.

EDIT: Just realized Masukukaja is a "The Answer" only skill. OTL

Wazzy

Banned
Thanks PK, I'll make sure to do that for him. :)

Nah, he's not nearly as good iirc. You're probably still aways off from this but when you can fuse Sert, the ultimate Magician Persona. Dude is seriously fucking killer.
Hmmm I'll keep my eye out for him. I've maxed Kenji S.link too.

Thanks!

Mdesilva

Since it seems we're sorta on the topic (even though I'm sure this has been asked before)…

What was your main team in each Persona game you've played? This includes Persona 1, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, Persona 3, P3: The Answer (with Metis and with Aigis being the MC, this changes a lot up), and P4.

In P3, I used Yukari/Akihiko/Mitsuru. Yukari was for healing and wind coverage while Akiiko debuffed enough that Mitsuru could hit really hard (this worked really well with Mind Charged Bufudyne on the final boss)

In P4, I used Yosuke/Yukiko/Kanji. Yosuke was a decent healer, and Masukukaja is really useful. His physical abilities are decent too, so he was helpful all around. Yukiko is obviously the main healer, and Kanji had massive damage with Power Charge and the hard-hitting physical attacks.

Since it seems we're sorta on the topic (even though I'm sure this has been asked before)…

What was your main team in each Persona game you've played? This includes Persona 1, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, Persona 3, P3: The Answer (with Metis and with Aigis being the MC, this changes a lot up), and P4.

In P3, I used Yukari/Akihiko/Mitsuru. Yukari was for healing and wind coverage while Akiiko debuffed enough that Mitsuru could hit really hard (this worked really well with Mind Charged Bufudyne on the final boss)

In P4, I used Yosuke/Yukiko/Kanji. Yosuke was a decent healer, and Masukukaja is really useful. His physical abilities are decent too, so he was helpful all around. Yukiko is obviously the main healer, and Kanji had massive damage with Power Charge and the hard-hitting physical attacks.

I usually just stick with the first 3 party members you get. By the time I get more members the original three would be so powerful it would be uneconomical to switch to someone else, since I'll have to start grinding to bring them up to everyone else's level.

Rhapsody

Banned
I want to fav and repost this post so much....but this isn't twitter. Man, I can't believe I once hated Labrys, I don't think I've ever been so wrong about a character lol.

Her design's grown on me, that's for sure. I didn't exactly hate her though to begin with.

I haven't played P1/P2 :/

In P3, I used Yukari/Mitsuru/Koro. Yukari because she was my favorite character and also a healer. I also had Mitsuru because she's one of my fav characters and also another healer in my eyes. (But I also ended up liking Aki a lot...)And Koro because he is friggin' Koro and I obviously needed to use him, plus, he ended up being my most useful party member, heh.

In P3: The Answer, I used Metis/Ken/Koro. Metis because she was obviously going to be forced to the player with her Orgia mode, being a new character and having no weakness. (But she's still my most disliked character) Then I used Ken (also healer) and Koro, because both of them were Light and Darkness, and because of that enemies rarely had a Hama/Mudo skill so my party basically had no weakness at all!

In P4, I used Yosuke/Yukiko/Kanji (the same party as you!). Yosuke because he was my favorite character and also had a varied moveset (wind, physical, heal, buff, debuff). I used Yukiko because when I started playing the game I fell in love with her design, but over the course she became kinda boring and didn't really shine in comparasion to other characters. Still, she was pretty darn useful with her Agi and healing skills (if I knew Teddie was a healer I would have used him instead of her). Kanji because well he's KANJI!! He is my second favorite, he had to be in my party, and he fit nicely because I liked him better than the other physical party member and his skills were pretty good.

Now, for my PQ party, I'm planning to do the P3 side with my two favorite P3 and P4 party members, and then the P4 side with my next two favorite P3 and P4 party members. I don't care how unbalanced it is (besides, I can use Sub-Personas right?) but I can't really decide which characters to use in one and which ones in the other.
1rst party: P3MC, Yosuke, Yukari, Kanji, Aki/Mitsuru/Koro
2nd party: P4MC, Aki/Mitsuru/Koro, Teddie, Aki/Mitsuru/Koro, Naoto

PK Gaming

P1
(SEBEC) Naoya | Mark | Maki | Nanjo | Elly*

I didn't really have much of a choice in regards to the team setup. I picked Elly because she's the undisputed best party member in the game (She can a use low level Persona for the entire game, :lol), and she also happens to be the most entertaining character too.

P3
(Journey) P3MC | Junpei | Yukari | Akihiko

I tended to switch between party members in P3 (because I got bored with the team set up too quickly) but this was probably my most consistent set up. It was pretty basic set up, where healing and buffs/debuffs were mostly covered. The team had solid defensive synergy as well.

(Answer) Aigis | Metis | Ken | Akihiko

I haven't beaten the Answer yet, but I've been sticking with this team set up for the most part. Incidentally, "The Answer" character skillsets are much more interesting (seriously, the P3 learnsets are so dull). Let me tell sum up Metis in a single sentence: Totally a siscon overpowered. No weaknesses and a disgustingly broken Orgia Mode that lets her one shot most enemies? Check please.

P4

Yu | Yosuke | Chie | Yukiko

Awww ye-yeah, the golden 4. So simple, yet so effective. The 4* basic elements covered (who doesn't use Zio on their protagonist?) and defensively, it was pretty solid. That said, this team actually suffers from the fact that it lacks crucial buffs(+Atk/+Def), meaning Yu would have to waste his turns using them. Though honestly, that didn't bother me because the synergy between the 4 characters was just so gratifying. I loved hearing them cheer each other on. I'll never get enouh of Chie's "WOOH, GO YOSUKE", Yukiko's "Get 'em, Chie!" or Yosuke's "Nice moves, partner!" Since P4 was so massive, I also ended up using the secondary characters together (Naoto, Teddie and Kanji) on occasion, and they were pretty enjoyable too, but nothing beats the golden 4 in my opinion!

*That number goes up to 6 in P4G

Sophia

In regards to Persona 3 and Persona 4, I use everyone near equally. The only exceptions is that Aigis is in my party whenever possible in P3, and I don't really bother to level Naoto in vanilla Persona 4 because of her general worthlessness.

Nimby

Banned

P3: Akihiko, Yukari, and Aigis. I had Akihiko for debuffing, Yukari for healing, Aigis for buffing. Had them equipped with resistant gear as well, so Yukari and Aigis weren't weak against Zio. I supplied the team with powerful magic.

I also had Mitsuru and Junpei around the same level. Didn't bother using Koro or Ken.

P4: Yosuke, Yukiko, and Kanji. Yosuke was all-around great, Yukiko for healing, Kanji for pure muscle and critical hits.

What was your main team in each Persona game you've played? T

P3:
- Makoto: buff/debuff, magical attacks
- Mitsuru: Bufudyne + Ice Amp + Mind Charge = Execution! Main attacker in the party and 2nd healer
- Ken: 1st healer and physical attack.
- Akihiko: Attack oriented, used him just because he was in a higher level.
- Fuuka: Because I had to.

P4:
- Yu: buff/debuff, 2nd healer, magical and physical attacks
- Kanji: Physical attack.
- Naoto: Main attacker in the party. Magical and Almighty attack.
- Teddie: 1st healer, buff/debuff
- Rise: My saviour! S2

For P3 I used Yukari, Mitsuru, and Akihiko for pretty much the whole game. Occasionally would rotate in Aigis and Doge. Poor Junpei got left behind in terms of level because of his early game elemental troubles :(

In P4 I used basically everybody. Though my go to main party was Yukiko, Chie, and Kanji. Yuki is an absolute monster when fully equipped with buffs. But I ended up rotating in the others when I went back to redo previous dungeons, so I experienced a ton of interactions over my two playthroughs. Now, whether or not I actually remember them is a different story...

Posting on page 44 just cause.
Page 44? Pfft we got a 50ppp pleb over here. Step up senpai. :p

CorvoSol

It looks like my main party is Akihiko, Yukari, MC and Koromaru. I was using Junpei previously but I need a healer.

My female playthrough was Akihiko, Junpei, FeMC and Koromaru.

Party had 0 trouble with the final boss. Still wondering if next playthrough I'll see these horrible problems with it everybody else had. For me it was just tedious.

Gazoinks

P3 was Yucatan/Aki/Mitsu as well.

First time through P4 I used Kanji/Chie/Yukiko. In retrospect, a weirdly physical-oriented party. I don't even remember why I switched out Yosuke. Probably just because Kanji is the best. :p Second time through I wanted to use the characters I hadn't used the first time, so it was Teddie/Naoto/Yosuke for me. This was in Golden so Naoto wasn't useless. Worked out pretty well, although I kind of had the opposite issue and had a party that wasn't physical enough.

Acid08

Banned
P3 I've used pretty much every party member but Ken at one point or another. Favorite combo is MC/Yukari/Akihiko/Mitsuru though.

P4 I've used Charlie/Chie/Yukiko/Kanji both times. Hardly ever have to heal midfight because shadows are getting #rekt so fucking fast with that group. Next time I play Golden I think I'll try to get Teddie in there though.

For P3: The Journey, I primarily used Akihiko/Yukari/Aigis. Akihiko and Yukari seemed like no brainers. They were the best party members in terms of being useful. Yukari doesn't have any support magic, so when you set her to heal/support you can always expect her to do the correct action. I think she has the second highest magic stat next to Mitsuru, so she was good at dishing out damage as well as healing. Akihiko's debuffs are always welcome, and he doesn't have any useless moves. The third spot was up in the air but I eventually settled on Aigis. Mitsuru, was too high maintenance I felt. If you set her to full assault she sometimes uses Mind Charge in situations where it isn't needed. If you set her to knockdown she won't use her ice moves unless the enemy has it as a weakness. Most importantly, unlike Akihiko and Yukari, I wasn't a fan of Mitsuru's battle chatter. It's too unrealistically verbose. As much as I liked Junpei, he felt limited. Ken used Vile Assault too much, so a lot of times he would end up becoming a liability and would be forced to heal himself. Now, Aigis' moveset was intriguing and she had a huge amount of HP. She was basically a buffbot. Thinking back on it, I'm not sure how I started off using Aigis because I wasn't fond of her. But, it worked out because she, along with Yukari and Akihiko, became my three favorite characters.

Metis/Junpei/Mitsuru was my team for The Answer. Since there wasn't a compendium, I felt like the easiest route to victory was to make the MC a healer and have the rest of my team provide firepower. Metis was a given. Neo Orgia Mode enabling zero cost for her moves, two elements. A lot of times I would finish a dungeon and Metis would have all her SP. Mitsuru and Junpei seemed like the hardest hitting party members available so they rounded out the group. In retrospect, Mitsuru was a bad idea given one of the final bosses. If you play the Answer, don't use Mitsuru. At least, don't use her in the end.

For P4G I used Yosuke/Yukiko/Kanji and then later Yosuke/Yukiko/Naoto for the later parts of the game. Chie in this game seemed like Junpei, so I swapped her as soon as possible. I think being underleveled for
Shadow Mitsuo
made me drop Teddie. I dropped Kanji for Naoto because thought I only needed the MC to dish out damage, and Kanji seemed like a dead weight in random shadow encounters. Also, for story reasons, it seemed the most appropriate for Yosuke and Naoto to be with you, because they had the strongest ties to the case. Eventually when my MC was good enough to solo random shadow encounters, Naoto became a heat riser character. When I think about it, the team ended up very similar to what I had in P3FES: An all around character, a character that distributes buffs and a healer.

Wazzy

Banned
My female playthrough was Akihiko, Junpei, FeMC and Koromaru.

Party had 0 trouble with the final boss. Still wondering if next playthrough I'll see these horrible problems with it everybody else had. For me it was just tedious.

Sweet. I've had no troubles yet so I think I'll be fine too.

Koro has been pretty good so far.

My FeMC playthrough I might just use the same party I'm using this time. I obviously won't start it until I beat MaleMC but that might not be for a bit.

CorvoSol

Sweet. I've had no troubles yet so I think I'll be fine too.

Koro has been pretty good so far.

My FeMC playthrough I might just use the same party I'm using this time. I obviously won't start it until I beat MaleMC but that might not be for a bit.

I did both at the same time.

Top Bottom