• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

What was your main team in each Persona game you've played? This includes Persona 1, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, Persona 3, P3: The Answer (with Metis and with Aigis being the MC, this changes a lot up), and P4.

In P3 I used whoever's resistances and skills would be the most useful against the next boss, but for the final battle I brought Aigis Akihiko and Yukari.

Similarly for P4, I ended up using Yukiko and Teddie, but I can't remember who my last party member was. Probably Kanji.

CorvoSol

Since it seems we're sorta on the topic (even though I'm sure this has been asked before)…

What was your main team in each Persona game you've played? This includes Persona 1, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, Persona 3, P3: The Answer (with Metis and with Aigis being the MC, this changes a lot up), and P4.

In Persona 1 I used FRED, Mark, Nanjo, Maki and Reiji. For symmetry's sake some day I'll get around to using Yukino, Yuka, Brown and ELLY.

Persona 2 IS doesn't really let me change parties but I want it known that I would have stayed with Yukino over that loser Jun had I been given the chance.

Buddha claims in EP I can form a party of whoever eventually, but for now the only major party choice I made was Nanjo over Elly. Elly is fabulous, but Nanjo's been worth the plot so far.

P3P for male I went Makoto, Mitsuru, Yukari and Aigis. For female I went Clara, Koro, Akihiko and Junpei. Koro was temporarily sidelined for Shinji.

P4G I used every single character, but largely I stuck to Yu, Kanji, Chie and Yukiko.

CorvoSol

Haha I don't think I could handle two playthroughs at a time but that's pretty cool you were able to.

I'm glad I'm enjoying this game. I might prefer 4 but this one's story and characters are pretty great too.

I can't actually imagine a P3 without both protagonists, now. They siblings in my head.

arue

P2: Everybody so far. Haven't met Jun yet.

P3: Akihiko, Aigis, Koromaru. MC covers physical, ice attacks, and heals.

P4 (PS2): Teddie, Yukiko, Chie/Yosuke. MC covers physical, wind, and/or zio attacks.

LX_Theo

Banned
Since it seems we're sorta on the topic (even though I'm sure this has been asked before)…

In P3, I used Yukari/Akihiko/Mitsuru. Yukari was for healing and wind coverage while Akiiko debuffed enough that Mitsuru could hit really hard (this worked really well with Mind Charged Bufudyne on the final boss)

In P4, I used Yosuke/Yukiko/Kanji. Yosuke was a decent healer, and Masukukaja is really useful. His physical abilities are decent too, so he was helpful all around. Yukiko is obviously the main healer, and Kanji had massive damage with Power Charge and the hard-hitting physical attacks.
Been a while, but...

P2IS -
Everyone. Sort of how game works

P3 -
MC, Yukari, Aigis, Mitsuru
or
FeMC, Yukari, Koromaru, Akihiko

P4 -
Yosuke, Yukiko, Teddie/Naoto

kewlmyc

Bored at work, so why not.

P3 FES: MC, Aigis, Akihiko, Yukari
P3P Male (before I accidentally deleted my save): MC, Aigis, Akihiko,
Ken
P4: Protag, Chie, Yukiko, Teddie
P4G: Protag, Kanji, Naoto, Teddie

Next run I do will finally be FeMC, but I don't really have the time to replay a 90+ hour game for slightly different choice options and a few different social links I can watch on Youtube. Once I'm done with God Eater Burst, I'll probably start working on P2:IS or at least watch it on Youtube.

Caladrius

In P3, I used Yukari/Akihiko/Mitsuru. Yukari was for healing and wind coverage while Akiiko debuffed enough that Mitsuru could hit really hard (this worked really well with Mind Charged Bufudyne on the final boss)

In P4, I used Yosuke/Yukiko/Kanji. Yosuke was a decent healer, and Masukukaja is really useful. His physical abilities are decent too, so he was helpful all around. Yukiko is obviously the main healer, and Kanji had massive damage with Power Charge and the hard-hitting physical attacks.

Only played P3P/4 in depth, so...

P3P: Yukari, Mitsuru/Aigis, Akihiko. Mostly favorites. I swapped out Aigis for Mitsuru for boss fights. My MC was the main damage dealer while everyone else was support.

Vanilla P4: Yosuke/Kanji/Teddie: Would have used Yukiko instead of Yosuke but her Ice weakness was a liability compared to Yosuke having none. Otherwise favorites. Yu was the primary offensive unit, again.

P4G: Kanji/Teddie/Naoto: Thankfully all of my favorite characters got a dramatic boost in performance for Golden, so I was able to pick all of my favorites again. Dat Power Charged Primal Force, Heat Riser and summer costume goodness. <3 Yu was a combination medic and Magic cannon.

biodude

Neo Member
P3P: Aigis, Akihiko, Ken

P3 FES answer: Akihiko, Mitsuru, Junpei

P4: Yukiko, Teddie, Yosuke

Still fresh on my golden play through but I plan to use Naoto this time for sure

Pics_nao

P3: Aigis, Akihiko, Yukari
FES: Metis and whoever
P3P: Rotated everyone around but in the end I used Mitsuru, Akihiko and Yukari
P4: Team Senpai
P4G: Rotated but mostly used Kanji, Naoto, and Yukiko

Am I the only persona who levels up each character equally?

I don't have a set team, I pick whoever is the lowest level and work with them until they hit a level ending in 5 or 0 then switch them out.

Even characters I thought weren't that great (Aigis, Ken, Koromaru, Teddie, OG Naoto) all got ranked up accordingly.

If we're talking final battle then my party was;

P3: MC, Yukari, Junpei, Mitsuru
P3P: FemC, Yukari, Akihiko, Aigis
P4: Yu, Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko
P4G: Yu, Chie, Yukiko, Naoto

Jintor

this russian (?) artist is going full ham

BtD1m5AIgAA3HMJ.jpg

BtJW4WcIIAA3p_j.jpg

mitsuru_kirijo_sketch_by_kr0npr1nz-d7r6yxv.jpg

/edit wait, i've faved some of this work before lol

What was your main team in each Persona game you've played?

P3 - Most of my time seems to be Akihiko/Mitsuru/Aigis. First playthrough I had Ken along and alternated him in a little bit in the team for some specific instances.

P4G - Yosuke/Yukiko/Chie, until Naoto comes in then I swap Yosuke out with her. Having all the Dynes as possible moves to learn in Golden now kinda makes it hard not to put her in the team. I didn't use all of them on her, only had two (Garudyne and I think Agidyne).

Marche90

Kinda forgot to post about the team stuff.

P3: Honestly can't exactly remember. Yukari and Aigis I'm sure, but I forgot who my 3rd party member was. Junpei?

P4: During my current run I've been using Yukiko, Kanji and Teddie. Might change it for the NG+.

What was your main team in each Persona game you've played?

P2IS: I honestly can't remember, but I think I just rotated through everyone.
P3FES: Junpei, Akihiko and Mitsuru
P3P: Junpei, Yukari and Koro-chan/Shinji (I even levelled Shinji to 99 just so he could solo The Reaper)
P4: Yosuke, Yukiko and Teddie
P4G: Yukiko, Kanji and Naoto

And of course I main Kanji in P4A and plan on maining Junpei in Ultimax ;D

abrack08

I stuck with the first full party you can get in my first playthrough of each game.

P2IS - No party switching

P3 - I occasionally used others, but my main party was MC / Yukari / Junpei / Akihiko. I actually replaced Aki with Mitsuru at first, but switch him back once I thought she was using Marin Karin too often (and this was before I knew that was a common joke on the internet).

P4G - MC / Yosuke / Chie / Yukiko. Godly party that can do anything. My second P4G playthrough I used MC / Kanji / Teddie/ Naoto, so I've used everyone a decent amount.

Just for kicks:
P4A - I main Chie, dabble in Yosuke, and wish I was better with Akihiko because he's fun to play.

P4AU - I'm looking at Chie, S. Chie, Junpei, and Yosuke, plus the DLC characters depending on how they look. I've heard Shadow Chie is crazy-awesome, but I know my friends are gonna rag on me if I win with a character they think is overpowered.

Mdesilva

P2IS: I honestly can't remember, but I think I just rotated through everyone.
Lol, there's a reason I didn't mention IS- there is no switching!

Since I didn't consider Arena…
For P4A, I main Chie and sub Mitsuru.
For P4AU, I'm split maining Chie and Yukari.
In Persona Q, I'm probably going to switch too much to choose one party.

I'll only cover P3 and P4 (and the fighting games) since I haven't completed P1 and the P2 duology yet

P3 FES: For my first run I went Yukari, Akihiko, and Mitsuru, but I switched things up a lot around endgame if/when it would make things easier.

P4: Yosuke, Chie, and Yukiko, only using other party members for bonus bosses when revisiting dungeons.

P4A: Akihiko, full stop.

P4AU: DO YOU GUYS REALLY NOT KNOW (Rise/Shadow Rise and Akihiko of course)

Lol, there's a reason I didn't mention IS- there is no switching!

That explains it. Honestly, aside from the wacky cast and the ending, IS was reeeeeeeally forgettable to me.

I haven't played P1 or EP, but I've watched LPs of both so I know what the stories are all about.

kewlmyc

Haha, the majority of us used Akihiko on their team

We're all Akihiko fangirls

Dem Debuffs man. Same with Aigis. Gotta love dem Buffs. Akihiko/Aigis helped with support, while the MC deals all the damage. 4th party member was whatever you wanted it to be (usually healer).

P4 had more variety in the teams considering there wasn't a designated buff/debuff party member.

PK Gaming

Dem Debuffs man. Same with Aigis. Gotta love dem Buffs. Akihiko/Aigis helped with support, while the MC deals all the damage. 4th party member was whatever you wanted it to be (usually healer).

P4 had more variety in the teams considering there wasn't a designated buff/debuff party member.

Yeah, Akihiko was stacked. A jack of all trades with the ability to debuff (the only party member that can do that), deal a ton of damage (either with Elec Amp boosted Ziodynes, or Fist Master boosted physical attacks) and provide basic healing.

His only shortcoming was that for some inexplicable reason, his strength and magic growth were equal (strength isn't a stat he uses at all...), so his other stats suffered a bit.

abrack08

Yeah, Akihiko was stacked. A jack of all trades with the ability to debuff (the only party member that can do that), deal a ton of damage (either with Elec Amp boosted Ziodynes, or Fist Master boosted physical attacks) and provide basic healing.

His only shortcoming was that for some inexplicable reason, his strength and magic growth were equal (strength isn't a stat he uses at all...), so his other stats suffered a bit.

Is the strength stat not used for the Persona's physical attacks in P3?

Totally legit and not fake.

I believe

PK Gaming

Huh... I guess Arena warped my memory a bit of him from P3. I think of him as basically physical attack only.

Yeah, Aki is actually a magic caster in Persona 3 (he's probably the second best in the game due to Electric Amp, HAH)

Incidentally, I wish the P3 skillsets were more varied/customizable. They're so... bland.

Levito

Banned
The text on that poster looks like certain letters are bolded while others aren't.

Why on earth would someone make a fake Persona 5 teaser image like that? It's just rude and mean to do that to fans at this point.

kewlmyc

The text on that poster looks like certain letters are bolded while others aren't.

Why on earth would someone make a fake Persona 5 teaser image like that? It's just rude and mean to do that to fans at this point.

Because people are either bored or are jerkasses. It's the internet, so it could be both.

EDIT: Apparently the joke went way over my head.

Wait, weren't you the one that headed the faker Persona 5 trailer?

That was on April Fools, and anyone who believed that trailer deserves a dunce cap.

kewlmyc

Not really going to consider the date as an excuse when it all ends the same way: fooling people.

True, but posting a random tidbit to fool someone on just some random day doesn't really compare to posting a English trailer for a Japanese game on a Youtube channel with only one video on a day that is known for people constantly trying to fool each other.

Levito

Banned
Fakeness aside, TGS makes a lot more sense than any other gaming convention. Though I'm just going to continue not expecting the game to show up.

Top Bottom