• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Sophia

Well I guess it's time to introduce myself because I've been lurking for a while now. I'm actually quite new to the persona series and I've played P3p, P4G and Innocent Sin in the last few weeks and I actually bought my vita specially for these games. Too bad that eternal punishment never came out here though, I would love to play it but buying a new memory card and switching regions would be too much of a hassle.
I love being in this fandom now and I'm really looking forward to the release of p5.
Also
Chie is best girl.

Whatever you do, please don't leave any snark on the floor, Daria. We have enough of that as is. And welcome. :p

Guessing you don't have a PS3 to play Eternal Punishment?

PK Gaming

I'm not Dantis, but I heard someone ordered Elly fanart, so here you go:

A lovely drawing for a lovely character

♪

Well I guess it's time to introduce myself because I've been lurking for a while now. I'm actually quite new to the persona series and I've played P3p, P4G and Innocent Sin in the last few weeks and I actually bought my vita specially for these games. Too bad that eternal punishment never came out here though, I would love to play it but buying a new memory card and switching regions would be too much of a hassle.
I love being in this fandom now and I'm really looking forward to the release of p5.
Also
Chie is best girl.

Welcome! You're probably aware of how crazy this community thread is, but no worries! I'm sure you'll fit in eventually.

PS: Your avatar/username combo is incredible.

Incoming games.

P4AU, most likely a NA import.
P4D - JP Import
Danganronpa 2 5/09
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution 12/09
FIFA 15 26/09
Akiba's Trip Undead and Undressed 3/10

And then what ever comes out on PC. I don't keep track of it, just wait till I see it on Steam.

C6Ru0.gif

Yellow_Magic

Neo Member
Also
Chie is best girl.

Welcome!

I miss Daria :(

Lately I've been thinking of how little we've heard about Dancing All Night. I really enjoyed rhythm games when I was younger (especially the Bust-A-Groove ones) so it'd be great to have another go, with P4 waifus at that.

Dantis

Welcome!

I miss Daria :(

Lately I've been thinking of how little we've heard about Dancing All Night
. I really enjoyed rhythm games when I was younger (especially the Bust-A-Groove ones) so it'd be great to have another go, with P4 waifus at that.

I think about this quite often.

It makes me sad.

On the other hand, Flux's discovery about Catherine's release has renewed my faith that the game hasn't been delayed, it was just never coming out as soon as I expected.

On the other hand, Flux's discovery about Catherine's release has renewed my faith that the game hasn't been delayed, it was just never coming out as soon as I expected.

wait...wouldn't the Catherine release date relate more to P5 being the whole 'Winter 20XX' ?

P4D is dated for Fall.

Unless you just mean that the quarters are not what you thought they are?

So, one thing I was trying to find was precise evidence that Catherine was slated for a winter 2010 release, and I got it through this (Famitsu?) ad:
[...]
Not only that, but obviously all of their PR was about "Winter 2010" after it was unveiled until the February 2011 release date was announced later on, much to many people's confusion as to "what happened to 'winter 2010?'" (see: comments of that article). Familiar situation, isn't it.

Nope but I will buy one for persona 5, are there any other ps3 jrpgs you guys recommend? I missed the HD consoles last gen so I have no idea what the ps3 has to offer.
Hi there and welcome to PersonaGAF

Some of the PS3 jrpgs I could recommend is
-Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
-Valkyria Chronicles
-Resonance of Fate
-Eternal Sonata

FluxWaveZ

wait...wouldn't the Catherine release date relate more to P5 being the whole 'Winter 20XX' ?

P4D is dated for Fall.

Unless you just mean that the quarters are not what you thought they are?

I believe he thought that because P5 was most likely going to release in 2014, P4D would be released earlier than it actually might, as a means to distance itself from that game. The possibility that P4D would be released in November or even December always seemed far too possible to me.

I believe he thought that because P5 was most likely going to release in 2014, P4D would be released earlier than it actually might, as a means to distance itself from that game. The possibility that P4D would be released in November or even December always seemed far too possible to me.

Oh, I didn't get that at all from it. I guess, but I still think it'll hit fall. Around 20th-30th of August I think we'll see something solid from Dingo.

Nope but I will buy one for persona 5, are there any other ps3 jrpgs you guys recommend? I missed the HD consoles last gen so I have no idea what the ps3 has to offer.

Demons Souls
Valkyria Chronicles

Ni No Kuni
Eternal Sonata
Resonance of Fate
Nier
Tales of Xillia

White Knight Chronicles 2
Disgaea 4

Bold ones are my favourite especially DeS and VC.

FluxWaveZ

Oh, I didn't get that at all from it. I guess, but I still think it'll hit fall. Around 20th-30th of August I think we'll see something solid from Dingo.

That'd be a pretty quick turnaround compared to the media cycles for the other Persona games, and I do think it'll launch later because of Hardin's statement that they were trying their hardest for all of the Persona games to be launched closely to their Japanese release (with the explicitly mentioned exception of Persona Q), but it's always possible.

Edit: Oh, never mind, you're saying you believe we'll start seeing some P4D media around August 20-30 (I read that as if it would launch then, heh). I don't have a strong feeling of when it'll launch myself, but I don't think it'll be September. October, November and December feel far more likely to me, with November being the likeliest in my mind. I doubt any of the Persona games will be delayed.

If I had to narrow it down to a handful of games I'd go with:

Demon's Souls
Valkyria Chronicles
Nier
Ni No Kuni
Tales of Xillia

There are several Atelier games on the system and they're pretty good. Rorona (which was the first) just got pretty good a remake. Overall Totori (the second) is my favorite.

Besides Persona 5 and Atelier Shallie (which will be the sixth entry on the system) the PS3 is still getting Tales of Xillia 2 and Tales of Zestiria in the West.

If you enjoyed or never played FFX and X-2 the HD remasters are fantastic. They're the international versions of the games and look really good in this port.

That'd be a pretty quick turnaround compared to the media cycles for the other Persona games, and I do think it'll launch later because of Hardin's statement that they were trying their hardest for all of the Persona games to be launched closely to their Japanese release (with the explicitly mentioned exception of Persona Q), but it's always possible.

Remember Fall can be between September all the way to early December. Depending on what they are fusing.

I also think PQ and Arena have alot more that they could cover than P4D will have.

Edit: Oh, never mind, you're saying you believe we'll start seeing some P4D media around August 20-30 (I read that as if it would launch then, heh). I don't have a strong feeling of when it'll launch myself, but I don't think it'll be September. October, November and December feel far more likely to me, with November being the likeliest in my mind. I doubt any of the Persona games will be delayed.

Ah, that makes much more sense :p I have hope for a late September / first week of October release. I expect mid November at the latest.

CorvoSol

So, guys do you have your lists of games you will or may get this year? I NEED HELP THIS YEAR, ALL THOSE GAMES MAN.

3DS:
-Theatrhythm: Curtain Call
-Persona Q
-Smash 3D
-Azure Striker Gunvolt
-Pokemon Alpha Saphhire eventually maybe I don't really know.

WiiU:
-Hyrule Warriors
-Smash U

Vita:
-Hyper Light Drifter
-Chromophore: Two Brothers
-Persona 4 Dancing if it counts
-Conception II. Maybe. I don't know.

PS3:
-Metal Gear Solid 5.
-KHRemix2

And I have some older stuff I'm planning on picking up, too:
-Wonderful 101
-Zone of the Enders HD
-Fire Emblem 7

I REALLY wish I could buy Transistor for my Vita. REALLY wish that. I have it on Steam but my laptop can't take it.

I REALLY wish I could buy Transistor for my Vita. REALLY wish that. I have it on Steam but my laptop can't take it.
I wish it was on the Vita as well. I played it already on the pc and it's so f- good.
Bought the game+soundtrack and I have never been as satisfied with a purchase.

PK Gaming

So the Persona Q player I've been following has just finished Yu's path in PQ. They posted their thoughts on the game overall. Here's an excerpt from their "review."
Above all else, this game is a celebration of the franchise. It’s full of positivity, despite all the misery caused by the implications and the eventual turns in the mainplot. It’s meant to make the players feel happy to exist. It invites us to party until we’re hungover with feels, then take a break and party some more. While it does not offer an overly complex plot or great revelations about the ongoing story-line, it’s definitely worth it. This game is a Persona-party, full of many, tiny happy and sad surprises, waiting to be discovered.

Mmm... Check, please!

Let's see, we get 3 character trailers per month... 22 characters... carry the 5... Looks like Ultimax will release around February 2015 in the West!

Can I just say that I really friggin' love the writing for Junpei in this game? It looks as though he retains both his loveably goofy tendencies and his character development from late P3 and The Answer. Definitely gonna main the crap out of him until I'm the best Junpei on GAF!

Hmm... Now I want a Persona themed Mario Party type game

Endless griefing of your favorite character by your most loathed characters?

Sure why not? It's not Mario Party unless someone rage quits for like 5 minutes before returning to grab the controller for their turn.

Huh, I was hoping they would be the same as the Japanese versions, still, pretty awesome to hear Yukari and Junpei back! Also lol at Shadow Junpei's line.

LX_Theo

Banned
Endless griefing of your favorite character by your most loathed characters?

Sure why not? It's not Mario Party unless someone rage quits for like 5 minutes before returning to grab the controller for their turn.
Hell yeah. Kenji will be most OP character.

Realistically, they could have the dubgeon's as the boards, based the mini games off Personas and Social Links, and they could use the PQ art style.

I do actually sort if want this now.

Lemstar

reminder for everyone making lists here in the US without a Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked membership that I can save you 20% on (most of) your purchases

Realistically, they could have the dubgeon's as the boards, based the mini games off Personas and Social Links, and they could use the PQ art style.

...I just want my pure Persona dating sim. Why is that so much to ask for?

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Is it just me or are the japanese trailers more hype? Still awesome though regardless.

Let's see, we get 3 character trailers per month... 22 characters... carry the 5... Looks like Ultimax will release around February 2015 in the West!

February 2050 for europe.

Can I just say that I really friggin' love the writing for Junpei in this game? It looks as though he retains both his loveably goofy tendencies and his character development from late P3 and The Answer. Definitely gonna main the crap out of him until I'm the best Junpei on GAF!

Scrafty, do you have a voice demo? I remember you saying you did, or would like to do some voice work.

...I just want my pure Persona dating sim. Why is that so much to ask for?

Just play P3 or P4 on easy with a savefile containing the most powerful personas.

Sophia

English Yukari sounds really off to me for some reason.

Junpei sounds great though.

The voice work in all three of them sounds off. However, I remember the same was the case for Persona 4 Arena and that turned out fine. So I'm not worried.

Is it just me or are the japanese trailers more hype? Still awesome though regardless.
Yeah, there isn't dialogue in the gameplay scene and the HYPE ANNOUNCER doesn't appears.

Wow, that's actually a pretty good idea.
English Yukari sounds really off to me for some reason.
Yeah, specially the "Mitsuru-senpai! Are you all right?" line.

Dantis

The voice work in all three of them sounds off. However, I remember the same was the case for Persona 4 Arena and that turned out fine. So I'm not worried.

Rise sounds exactly the same, and Junpei is similar enough.

It's only Yukari that sounds bad to me. Some of the lines seemed stilted too.

Sophia

Rise sounds exactly the same, and Junpei is similar enough.

It's only Yukari that sounds bad to me. Some of the lines seemed stilted too.

Again I imagine it's probably the mixing. Plus there's no announcer as Miguel noticed which is throwing things off.

Pretty much my thoughts.

I don't have a prerecorded demo, but if you give me some lines to record I can have an "audition" to you by tomorrow!

No prob. I'll be in touch in the near future. There's a project that i would definitely love to have voiced. It's in its early stages at the moment however.

kewlmyc

Those are big words Scrafty....

Also
Chie is best girl.

Welcome! :)

Welcome to the madhouse Daria. Enjoy your stay :)

Ganzlinger when will you become a full member?

I don't know... my join date is: 05-03-2014

But I think my account was validated in late May. 05-28 if I'm not mistaken. But then I was banned at 06-02 and I came back at 07-02. I don't know if this period counts..

Top Bottom