• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Maybe they had a NAKED SOURCE or a LIQUID SOURCE instead.

Solidus-metal-gear-solid-7903057-768-488.jpg

I think this is the best time to get into it. The HD collection was £11 on PSN and 4 is pretty cheap as well. Seems like one of gaming's classics so I'm going to play through them all, just in time for MGSV:TPP which looks phenomenal.

I think this is the best time to get into it. The HD collection was £11 on PSN and 4 is pretty cheap as well. Seems like one of gaming's classics so I'm going to play through them all, just in time for MGSV:TPP which looks phenomenal.

I have the vita bundle, it was on EU PS+ at some point. I almost picked up 3 and 4 in CEX, they were going for £3 to £5.

My man. I second this recommendation. Good luck with your playthrough of the series!

Dantis

F'real. I'd commission Dantis to do one, but I'm not sure he knows who she is.

Joke's on you, I actually like Persona 1 a lot!

I also like Persona 2 a lot, but I found Persona 1 a lot easier to play.

Also Maki > Ellie. Particularly in their P2 designs.

On a slightly related note, people keep asking me to do some P1 or P2 characters in my sketch request things, so I'll be uploading some whenever I finish them off.

#NeverForget

Edit: oh fuck

bzOmdhN.jpg

I... Don't.... I... Can't.... But he said.... And then.... But the prank..... And the amount of retweets...

images

Just going to point out that the intention wasn't for attention and wasn't to deceive people. That's why I didn't put it on my Tumblr, why I made a sarcastic tweet about it, and why I posted like ten seconds afterwards "My train of thought when I made that image was basically "Haha, it'd be funny to paste an image in... man, these colours look neat."".

Also, 710 retweets and I only get 30 new followers? Come on now.

EDIT: My Twitter has kind of exploded. Seems like Japanese fans have become aware of my existence, haha.

Incoming games.

P4AU, most likely a NA import.
P4D - JP Import
Danganronpa 2 5/09
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution 12/09
FIFA 15 26/09
Akiba's Trip Undead and Undressed 3/10

And then what ever comes out on PC. I don't keep track of it, just wait till I see it on Steam.

biodude

Neo Member
I had another question about p4g endings, on my playthrough of golden I'm going for the true ending/ extended epilogue, but I also heard mention of a new bad ending revolving around the
Adachi/Hunger link. Trying to stay clear of spoilers, but what would be the process to get the new bad ending? Is it possible to save on a certain day, then make one vital decision to get the bad ending or not (So I can still get the good ending, but can also see how the bad ending would turn out)? Or is it a series of bad choices + a vital decision at the end? Something about breaking a promise to your friends or not- is that the main/only deciding factor?

Meia

I had another question about p4g endings, on my playthrough of golden I'm going for the true ending/ extended epilogue, but I also heard mention of a new bad ending revolving around the
Adachi/Hunger link. Trying to stay clear of spoilers, but what would be the process to get the new bad ending? Is it possible to save on a certain day, then make one vital decision to get the bad ending or not (So I can still get the good ending, but can also see how the bad ending would turn out)? Or is it a series of bad choices + a vital decision at the end? Something about breaking a promise to your friends or not- is that the main/only deciding factor?

I believe it is a choice you make, but I have no idea where you are in the game since you're avoiding spoilers. I'll say you know what the choice is immediately when you get to that point.

biodude

Neo Member
I believe it is a choice you make, but I have no idea where you are in the game since you're avoiding spoilers. I'll say you know what the choice is immediately when you get to that point.

I've beaten the game and got the normal ending on vanilla p4, and currently I'm at lvl 4 with the jester link and just got past kanji's dungeon on my golden play through. I know the steps to get the true ending/ extra epilogue, but not the new bad ending. Is that choice you mentioned made at the very end of the game, after
the adachi/ball boss battle?
Those spoilers I was avoiding was mainly with any of the new stuff with
Adachi or the true ending btw

kewlmyc

Just going to point out that the intention wasn't for attention and wasn't to deceive people. That's why I didn't put it on my Tumblr, why I made a sarcastic tweet about it, and why I posted like ten seconds afterwards "My train of thought when I made that image was basically "Haha, it'd be funny to paste an image in... man, these colours look neat."".

Also, 710 retweets and I only get 30 new followers? Come on now.

EDIT: My Twitter has kind of exploded. Seems like Japanese fans have become aware of my existence, haha.

Eh, what the hell. I'll retweet it too just for giggles.

Shows how accurate your art is if people are seeing it as legit.

Meia

I've beaten the game and got the normal ending on vanilla p4, and currently I'm at lvl 4 with the jester link and just got past kanji's dungeon on my golden play through. I know the steps to get the true ending/ extra epilogue, but not the new bad ending. Is that choice you mentioned made at the very end of the game, after
the adachi/ball boss battle?
Those spoilers I was avoiding was mainly with any of the new stuff with
Adachi or the true ending btw

Ah ok, good then.

In order to access it,
when it comes time to identify the culprit in the list, when you pick Adachi, you are given the option to *not* reveal his name. That starts the process. I'm just not sure if his link must be in the point it has to be to ordinarily max it. The Jester link itself behaves differently than other social links...

Tamanon

Banned
Ah ok, good then.

In order to access it,
when it comes time to identify the culprit in the list, when you pick Adachi, you are given the option to *not* reveal his name. That starts the process. I'm just not sure if his link must be in the point it has to be to ordinarily max it. The Jester link itself behaves differently than other social links...

It has to be. And the ending is awesome.

biodude

Neo Member
Ah ok, good then.

In order to access it,

You're talking about
the list when talking to Naoto outside, right after the hospital scene right?

Meia

You're talking about

It's the one where
the IT is all at Aiya's trying to pin down who the killer is, and you have a list of literally every character in the game. When you choose Adachi this time, the same thing happens, but before the MC can say the name, you're given the option to reveal the name to the others or not. By choosing not to, you're on your way to the accomplice ending.

LX_Theo

Banned
You're talking about
He is. Basically,
you need to get along the path to maxing it (rank 6 before Nanako's kidnapping). It'll auto progress at times, and you'll have an opportunity to protect Adachi after you select him from the list. Go through with it and you get the new bad ending.

Edit: and beat

biodude

Neo Member
It's the one where
the IT is all at Aiya's trying to pin down who the killer is, and you have a list of literally every character in the game. When you choose Adachi this time, the same thing happens, but before the MC can say the name, you're given the option to reveal the name to the others or not. By choosing not to, you're on your way to the accomplice ending.

I see, it seems the ending would be drastically different I'd assume then. Is the new bad ending worth going for it on its own play through or should I just reload a save at that decision point after getting the true ending?

I see, it seems the ending would be drastically different I'd assume then. Is the new bad ending worth going for it on its own play through or should I just reload a save at that decision point after getting the true ending?
There's no need for a different playthrough, just a reload :D

I'd liked that. By the way, I haven't seen you in a long time.

Perfect.

Yeah I haven't been here for a long time. Been in AnimeGaf mostly. Though I'm really anticipating for the Persona 3 Midsummer Nights Dream movie. And apparently I found out it's being done by A-1 pictures .

Oh can't also wait for Persona Arena Ultimax for
Makoto
, it may be unlikely but can't a man dream.

abrack08

So, guys do you have your lists of games you will or may get this year? I NEED HELP THIS YEAR, ALL THOSE GAMES MAN.

Definite buys:
Destiny (went from "meh" to probably to definitely, from pre-alpha to alpha to beta)
Danganronpa 2
Ultimax
Persona Q

Probably:
PW vs Layton
AC Unity
Rogue Legacy
The Swapper
Xillia 2
Smash Bros 3DS (I'm still skeptical of it controlling well on the 3DS)
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (usually a must buy, but X/Y feel so recent, and I was disappointed in the lack of new poke's and post-game content)

Maybe:
Shadow of Mordor
Guilty Gear Xrd
Freedom Wars (is that this year in NA?)

I've been considering getting one of those $200 "refurbished" WiiUs, if I do I'd get:
Smash Bros WiiU
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2

Along with some older stuff like Wind Waker HD, Donkey Kong, Wonderful 101, etc.

If I had an Xbox One I'd definitely get Sunset Overdrive. One of my friends actually got an XB1 for his birthday last week along with Killer Instinct and ended up returning it because he kept having problems with the console and just didn't like the user interface. Kinda bummed, I thought I'd be able to play SO on his machine

Goodness, some of you sure are buying a lot of games this fall haha. Not enough Evil Within though, Mikami is playing his final show in the director's chair.

Really tempted to get a Wii U, but with games like Destiny and Persona Q(and the fact that I can't play games as much these days) I doubt I'll have the time.

Also remember if you're picking up Destiny on PS4, we have a PersonaGAF clan!

I bring shame to our clan, I went 1 and 15 in a match yesterday. I am just the worst in the crucible.

Meia

Destiny
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Maybe)
Super Smash Bros 3DS
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Persona Q: Shadow Of the Labyrinth
Pokemon Omega Ruby (Maybe)

Didn't do my list, so that's mine I guess. Still iffy on Smash, and need to do more of the Beta for Destiny before I decide. If I got it I'd probably use that as the chance to get a PS4.

I'm having a really hard time juggling my budget.
The Persona Music live 2013 dvd is out next month and has priority for me and will cost a fortune as usual.

Next week there's the PC version of Trails in the Sky.
August has Ultimax.
SMTIV should release in Europe in the next couple of months.
Later in the year there's PQ.

I want to pick up the Redux versions of the Metro games on steam, the 50% discount from owning the originals is tempting.
Waiting for a sale on Danganronpa so the sequel will have to wait as well.
Tales of Xillia 2 wont be a day 1 unfortunately.

At this rate I wont be able to upgrade my PC in time for The Witcher 3 but I have to play that on day 1 so I'll probably have to sell a kidney.

TimmiT

Oh gosh I just played the beta of The Crew and Troy Baker voices the main character and he does the same voice he does for Kanji!

Well I guess it's time to introduce myself because I've been lurking for a while now. I'm actually quite new to the persona series and I've played P3p, P4G and Innocent Sin in the last few weeks and I actually bought my vita specially for these games. Too bad that eternal punishment never came out here though, I would love to play it but buying a new memory card and switching regions would be too much of a hassle.
I love being in this fandom now and I'm really looking forward to the release of p5.
Also
Chie is best girl.

NichM

Banned
I'm not Dantis, but I heard someone ordered Elly fanart, so here you go:

This is great, and really captures what I love about Elly: Her design the kind of tall, long-haired, classical beauty that you'd ordinarily think would put her with Yukari or Yukiko as the "popular girl" type. But you don't get that with her, because her personality is a total lunatic who's excited as hell to get a front row seat to a demon invasion.

Trigger

Well I guess it's time to introduce myself because I've been lurking for a while now. I'm actually quite new to the persona series and I've played P3p, P4G and Innocent Sin in the last few weeks and I actually bought my vita specially for these games. Too bad that eternal punishment never came out here though, I would love to play it but buying a new memory card and switching regions would be too much of a hassle.
I love being in this fandom now and I'm really looking forward to the release of p5.
Also
Chie is best girl.

I like everything about this post.

Well, it's good to have you here.

Also
Chie is best girl.
Inarguably
with Yosuke. :p

Top Bottom