• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Thanks for the warm welcome and for the recommendations, I also just discovered that the first persona also is on psn. How does persona psp compare to Innocent Sin psp? Are the battles a little faster because I found IS to be a bit too slow-paced.

Acid08

Banned
Thanks for the warm welcome and for the recommendations, I also just discovered that the first persona also is on psn. How does persona psp compare to Innocent Sin psp? Are the battles a little faster because I found IS to be a bit too slow-paced.
P1P moves MUCH faster than IS. Like, cannot be stated enough how much less tedious it is.

Yosuke's the best clearly.
P3MC too.
tumblr_mh9vxnjGqI1rgqhp4o4_1280.jpg

Yellow_Magic

Neo Member
but fake jesus was played by one of the greatest voice actors of all time sooooo

Honestly, though, best man has got to be Katsuya. Dat dress sense

Katsuya_Suou_render.png

arue

3DS:
-Theatrhythm: Curtain Call
-Persona Q
-Smash 3D
-Azure Striker Gunvolt
-Pokemon Alpha Saphhire eventually maybe I don't really know.
I'm getting this game too. I forgot that it's coming in September!

Been slient about podcast stuff for about a month now, mostly cause of EVO/scheduling conflicts. No longer though, both Dacidbro and John Hardin are coming on to discuss Ultimax, the future of anime fighting games, and more!
AP himself? :O
This is going to be an awesome podcast.

Although we may bicker about who the best girl is, there's never any question about who the best guy is.
Best guy is P3MC of course.

CorvoSol

but fake jesus was played by one of the greatest voice actors of all time sooooo

Honestly, though, best man has got to be Katsuya. Dat dress sense

Katsuya_Suou_render.png

The best thing about KATS-MAN is that although he looks like the coolest not Baofu guy in town, it takes ten seconds of flirting with Maya to completely unhinge him. I mean, he's not as wacky as "Makes love sounds like a motorcycle" TATS-MAN, but still.

Anyway, Best Bro is actually this guy:

Mark is the entire reason your party gets involved in the main quest of Persona 1, and he introduces Naoya to Maki. It's painfully obvious that Mark is hopelessly in love with her the whole time, but not once does he ever get mad that she doesn't even think twice about him and devotes all her attention to Naoya.

How many other bros in the series introduce the hero to his girlfriend, insist they save her, lead the hero to her, and works his ass off to make sure she's psychologically sound before the hookup?

Mark is the entire reason your party gets involved in the main quest of Persona 1, and he introduces Naoya to Maki. It's painfully obvious that Mark is hopelessly in love with her the whole time, but not once does he ever get mad that she doesn't even think twice about him and devotes all her attention to Naoya.

How many other bros in the series introduce the hero to his girlfriend, insist they save her, lead the hero to her, and works his ass off to make sure she's psychologically sound before the hookup?

Well, in that case, it's best that we all agree Elly's the best P1 girl instead of Maki, right?

CorvoSol

Would anyone actually be able to disagree with this....?

Probably not, given the relatively low number of people who have played Persona 1 will all agree that Elly is dabes.

What are the odds someone played P1/P2 and didn't like Elly?

For cryin' out loud I never even picked Elly and I still think she's the best.

Caladrius

Would anyone actually be able to disagree with this....?

I haven't played Persona 1, therefore Elly is not the best girl.

Well I guess it's time to introduce myself because I've been lurking for a while now. I'm actually quite new to the persona series and I've played P3p, P4G and Innocent Sin in the last few weeks and I actually bought my vita specially for these games. Too bad that eternal punishment never came out here though, I would love to play it but buying a new memory card and switching regions would be too much of a hassle.
I love being in this fandom now and I'm really looking forward to the release of p5.
Also
Chie is best girl.

Welcome!

Sophia

Probably not, given the relatively low number of people who have played Persona 1 will all agree that Elly is dabes.

Elly is usually my primary party member in every SEBEC run. :S

I really like Reiji, but I am sorry I dissuaded you from picking Elly. :(

Dugna

I do kinda wonder how the P1/P2 casts look now that it has been several years. Also wonder if they every brought back P1 protag that they would give a full fledged personality.

I do kinda wonder how the P1/P2 casts look now that it has been several years. Also wonder if they every brought back P1 protag that they would give a full fledged personality.
They could be in Shadow Operatives.
tumblr_maretkhtfx1r00vhmo1_500.png

Hippy Shadow Fake Jesus would've been so much cooler if he'd turned out to be
Ikutsuki.
Would have made both characters infinitely better.
Yeah, thought the same.
Ever since I saw the opening and then later the title of a video called "Ikutsuki's betrayal", I was hoping Ikutsuki would turn out be Takaya, both would have been better a villain if they were same person. :p

Levito

Banned
Also, as far as that fake P5 image goes, it just feels mean and lame to me. Pranks are good when they're clever, require a lot of effort and when they're funny. This ticks none of the boxes, it's just a cheap troll for people desperate to see something.

Kewl brought this up and now I can't stop laughing. Though I totally support your fake P5 image Dantis, the reaction has been incredible.

FluxWaveZ

Um, this picture's not even considering Aigis and Ken. Maybe even Fuuka, if she's thrown in there as an honorary member. Maybe Kikuno's even in there, if she's part of the Shadow Ops.

It's why messing around with these silhouettes never amounts to much. Who knows if the identities of the ones in there will ever even be elucidated.

Um, this picture's not even considering Aigis and Ken. Maybe even Fuuka, if she's thrown in there as an honorary member. Maybe Kikuno's even in there, if she's part of the Shadow Ops.

It's why messing around with these silhouettes never amounts to much. Who knows if the identities of the ones in there will ever even be elucidated.
Even though I don't see any of them as Aigis or Ken (and I think Fuuka said she had declined the offer at the end of one of the P3 chapters), you're right. I just saw it in google and thought it could fit the moment, but I should have clarified. Sorry if I got anyone's expectations up.

FluxWaveZ

I think the one between Mitsuru and "Eikichi" is actually Ken. The one bewteen Mitsuru and "Junpei" could be Eriko (Elly) from P1. The one in the far right could be Aigis.

If we are to assume that the image was actually created while being cognizant of what it actually entailed and who the people were within it, and if I was to be as plain as possible in interpretation of the individuals within it, this is what I think would be the outcome:
Aigis' hair throws it off a bit, but I think her "normal" attire matches it. Kikuno and Fuuka are weird ones, but they're probably just as associated with the Shadow Ops as anyone. The rest would obviously be represented somehow. People on the foreground don't matter.

If we are to assume that the image was actually created while being cognizant of what it actually entailed and who the people were within it, and if I was to be as plain as possible in interpretation of the individuals within it

That's a huge asterisk. lol

But yeah, I'm assuming the same.

Who is Kikuno again?

Back in the day, I always thought P1/2 was on the left, with Eriko, Yukino, Nanjo and two random dudes. The right was P3, with Yukari, Junpei, Aigis in her SO dress, and Detective Kurosawa maybe, and some dude. It probably is not that.

Top Bottom