• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

After playing through P3 again, finishing my current P4G file, and getting halfway through P2:IS, I'm a bit burnt out on Persona. Any recommendations?

In before 'play SMT'.

Play 999
Nine_Hours,_Nine_Persons,_Nine_Doors_Cover_Art.jpg
Or VLR
Love those games

Mdesilva

damn, didn't even notice the dante sticker, lol

EDIT: LISTEN TO REDTHEHUNTER OMG SOME OF THE BEST GAMES EVER

...rip zero escapd 3

CorvoSol

After playing through P3 again, finishing my current P4G file, and getting halfway through P2:IS, I'm a bit burnt out on Persona. Any recommendations?

In before 'play SMT'.

You know what you should play? I'm just plugging this game because I can't play it right now, but everyone should play this game:

TRANSISTOR.

Because forget Fi from Skyward Sword, this game was the first game where I wanted to get funky with my own sword. That amazing, gravely voice, people.

Er, that is to say, Transistor is an isometric RPG by Super Giant Games, taking place in a futuristic city. You play as Red, a popular singer, and as far as I got before my laptop decided to repeatedly crash, you're trying to escape town and evade The Process after a run in with The Camerada.

But basically the game looks and sounds delicious, and the gameplay is no slouch, either.

how the fuck can you people even consider playing VLR without playing 999 first

jesus
Exactly, you'd miss half of the game references, not even subtle references, by not playing them in the proper order. It's silly.

@Corvo The gameplay is amazing too, so deep. At first it seems pretty normal, but there's a lot of customization to be done.

Dantis

That image really is exploding around the internet. I wouldn't be surprised if people start a rumor that Dantis is actually Soejima lol

It's pretty much died off completely now. It cooled down a lot yesterday afternoon. It's pretty funny though.

He's not. Soejima is a very soft-spoken person. Dantis is bullheaded to the nth degree. :p

I am curious as to if Dantis is taking paid commissions now. He should be, what with the quality of his art.

I might be very softly spoken in real life for all you know!

And I've thought about taking commissions lots of times before.

CorvoSol

Exactly, you'd miss half of the game references, not even subtle references, by not playing them in the proper order. It's silly.

@Corvo The gameplay is amazing too, so deep. At first it seems pretty normal, but there's a lot of customization to be done.

I wish so bad I could get further in the game. Like, I'd just found out that all my abilities had dossiers and was reading about the people in them when the game crashed my computer for like, the third time.

I've read I can solve the problem by sacrificing the resolution, but I'm afraid to because OH MY GOD THE GAME LOOKS SO GOOD.

Squire

Banned
It's pretty much died off completely now. It cooled down a lot yesterday afternoon. It's pretty funny though.

It doesn't really seem like that. Pan ran it through google image search and freaked out on Twitter. Sounds like it's everywhere. I saw multiple mentions of it on a Twitter today , too. Non-ironic ones.

Congratulations!

I wish so bad I could get further in the game. Like, I'd just found out that all my abilities had dossiers and was reading about the people in them when the game crashed my computer for like, the third time.

I've read I can solve the problem by sacrificing the resolution, but I'm afraid to because OH MY GOD THE GAME LOOKS SO GOOD.
I have played it in 1366x768 and it still looked gorgeous. Go for it. And take your time with the game.

FluxWaveZ

Heh, if I was to do an imperfect sub again, this is definitely the trailer I'd do it with.

Marie's profile has been added to the site just now, too (along with her Twitter icon). Margaret, huh... Almost feel like she'll be revealed next week, now, since mentions of upcoming character unveils during trailers has been a trend.

Meia

You know what you should play? I'm just plugging this game because I can't play it right now, but everyone should play this game:

TRANSISTOR.

Because forget Fi from Skyward Sword, this game was the first game where I wanted to get funky with my own sword. That amazing, gravely voice, people.

Er, that is to say, Transistor is an isometric RPG by Super Giant Games, taking place in a futuristic city. You play as Red, a popular singer, and as far as I got before my laptop decided to repeatedly crash, you're trying to escape town and evade The Process after a run in with The Camerada.

But basically the game looks and sounds delicious, and the gameplay is no slouch, either.

Fuck that game.

Got it on PC day one, worked no problem. Then they patched it a day or so later, and it completely broke the game for me. Like, break break(sub-10fps). Game won't run since, so fuck them.

@ Marie, happy to see her weapon is the actual bag, like I jokingly said at first. She even uses it how I'd hoped, by just kind of flailing her body around and the bag smacking someone. :D

I'm definitely interested to see how she fights. Maybe she uses her satchel as a weapon and/or expends skill cards (as a finite resource perhaps?) for some attacks. Definitely some sort of bubblegum attack or grab haha! Also, poetry IK, nospacespeech, general tsundere-ness etc etc
Not too shabby, if I do say so myself. But it was hardly a wild guess haha. Surprised I didn't see the weather meter thing coming because in hindsight it seems like an obvious inclusion—even if I still don't know how it works! Still holding out hope for a bubblegum attack or something lol

Meia

I got VLR as a PS Plus freebie, iirc, but someone said to me it's better to play 999 before. Since I couldn't find it on local stores, I kinda forgot about it. :(

Does it really make a big difference, or can I just skip 999?

VLR is a sequel to 999. Make of that what you will.

VLR is self-contained with it's own story, but you will get way more out of it by going through 999 first. 999 is easily findable on amazon these days for like $15 or so. I'd recommend the VN version on iOS, but don't know how well that works.

biodude

Neo Member
I feel bad for Yosuke, I know he gets a lot of slack but
having his scooter crushed by Hanako was devastating
. No one deserves that, he just wanted to get up close and personal that's all. Right after that the camping trip happened, poor brosuke.

Magicians can't ever get a break

So it's looks like all these DLC characters have story involvement. Still don't think they would announce
Makoto
(if he's in, of course) until after release.

He'd need a trailer, which would of course would reveal something. We still haven't seen the kidnapped Shadow Operatives trailers yet, which makes me believe they're trying to hide a bit of the story.

At this point, they might aswell just go ahead and add Makoto, Theo, Fuuka and Margaret. Complete the roster and story, then move on to P5.

The next Arena can feature p1, p2 (yeah right) and p5 characters.

FluxWaveZ

If Makoto was in, it could go either way, really. There are points to support both a pre-release announcement or a post-release reveal.

Eh, but whatever. It's interesting that they still haven't gotten to any of the kidnapped Shadow Ops trailers yet; wonder why they'd be so special as to leave them for last. I want Tuesday to come; I'm really curious to see if Margaret's going to be revealed in next week's Famitsu or if they're keeping her for August.

I still think Makoto is already in the game and you have to unlock him like Kagura.

I wanna see an updated character select screen. That way we could probably guess what's going on. Hopefully Marg is revealed on Tuesday. If she is, then the chances for another character in August are strong.

At this point I don't know what's going on anymore. This game continuously surprises me. Atlus, go ahead and throw tag team into the game. That will make my day.

Tiu Neo

VLR is a sequel to 999. Make of that what you will.

VLR is self-contained with it's own story, but you will get way more out of it by going through 999 first. 999 is easily findable on amazon these days for like $15 or so. I'd recommend the VN version on iOS, but don't know how well that works.

With shipping and taxes, buying from Amazon, it's $60 here. A friend of mine is going to Canada this year, I'll see if he can get it from me there. Worst case, I'll get the iOS one just for the story.

Meia

If Makoto was in, it could go either way, really. There are points to support both a pre-release announcement or a post-release reveal.

Eh, but whatever. It's interesting that they still haven't gotten to any of the kidnapped Shadow Ops trailers yet; wonder why they'd be so special as to leave them for last. I want Tuesday to come; I'm really curious to see if Margaret's going to be revealed in next week's Famitsu or if they're keeping her for August.

It is really really damn odd that there hasn't been trailers for the kidnapped members. That they're ok with having trailers for people that aren't even going to be in the game when it first comes out(Marie) but not a Mitsuru is really odd when you think about it...

Honestly, it almost feels like the IT is going to be dealing with Sho/SHO, while the SO is going to be dealing with something else entirely...

Top Bottom