• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

PK Gaming

YEAR OF THE ERIKOOOOOOOOOOO

tumblr_meih6xpimV1rg9gfzo1_500.png

tumblr_meih6xpimV1rg9gfzo2_500.png

tumblr_meih6xpimV1rg9gfzo3_500.png

tumblr_mhojlg1bO11rg9gfzo1_500.png

tumblr_mcc26qYEuf1rg9gfzo1_500.png

tumblr_me4gwbi91B1rg9gfzo1_500.png

I think he's talking about the release date. I would love it though if they made the game a physical release, though. I don't have enough space left on my 3DS memory card for the DL version.

Yeh, it most certainly is a release date. Im just not a fan of digital in general, especially when it comes to Nintendo.........for obvious reasons.

The exact details escape me, but isn't Marie
Izanami? If she was able to awaken Yu, Adachi and Namatame's Personas, then she could probably do it for herself.

Not to mention that Kaguya is basically
a scaled-down and more extroverted version of her boss. What with the whole moth motif in both of the designs.

Dantis

I really dislike the way they try and make out like Marie is 'part of the gang'.

P4GA seems to be going to decent lengths to fix it, hilariously, but obviously Ultimax follows P4G, not P4GA, so here it's still dumb.

Dantis, will you be getting Ultimax? Or are you still determined not to?

Most likely not, at this point.

But this is me, of course, so who knows? I suppose it might well depend on when the Japanese release of P4D comes out. I might Persona withdrawal and buy Ultimax anyway. And then sit and feel bad about myself and not play it.

Sooooooo, Episode 3 discussion time.

Game and Episode Spoilers, duh.

So this episode was a lot calmer than the last one, focusing around the beach scene and the fireworks festival. And as seems to be the case here, they're putting Marie right in the middle of it all, even though she wasn't at these points in the game.

And to be quite honest, its working really well. After seeing this episode especially, I get the feeling that Marie could have been more liked by some of the anti-Marie brigade if she had been included in these Golden exclusive scenes, instead of just her social link scenes.

Also, when it comes to the pacing of the series, this episode confirmed for me just how much I like it. My mind is automatically filling in everything that happens in-between the time skips, since I already know the story.

I hope there is more interaction between Marie and Margaret like in this episode. I felt like the game kinda just threw her into the Velvet Room with very little interaction between the residents. Also, the video camera scene was definitely a good addition to the story.

It will be interesting to see if Marie actually joins everyone on the Ski trip, especially since she is no longer around at that point in the game. My prediction is that she will join them on day 1, then go missing and on day 2 they will enter the Hollow Forest, but thats just my guess.

What did you think?

PK Gaming

There were some good parts, but man I really did not like that episode, lol.

That episode makes me glad they didn't shove Marie into the beach and ski trip events.

abrack08

heart-broken-icon.png

Everyone watching the anime, do all of these events take place in Golden? Other than the first episode, everything is completely new to me. Thank goodness they're not recycling P4.

Operation Up Close and Personal happens, and Yu goes shopping with Marie and runs into Chie and Yukiko in one of Marie's social link events, but they don't happen on the same day.

Haven't seen episode 3 yet, but the whole gang does go to the beach, but Marie does not go with them.

"Up close and personal?"

No, she didn't meet Teddie and Rise until they were already at the beach.

There were some good parts, but man I really did not like that episode, lol.

That episode makes me glad they didn't shove Marie into the beach and ski trip events.

Agreed.
The parts they extracted from her social link totally weigh down the originally lighthearted event, which functioned to celebrate the group as a whole. It turned it more into the group revolving around Marie and her terribly written self discovery journey.

For instance the part where Yosuke, Yu and Kanji were overlooking the others building a sand castle...that originally functioned for Yosuke to reflect on the closure they had in the capture of Mitsuo. He wanted to continue the rest of the days with the group with the same happiness that they had now, hence the plan for a ski trip in the future. Instead, that was cut out in favor of Marie's totally obtuse questions, multiple close ups of her contemplating the answers and then a scene switch to the velvet room.

I stopped the Marie video before the fog (her IK?) thing, I suppose that's where the spoiler begins. Still not interesed in buying her, hmm.
IT'S A THING NOW

THEME WEEK RETURNS

EVERYONE DRAW ELLY
Ooh, I remember this while lurking before joining. There was an Akihiko, Labrys, Fuuka
and Yosuke (Dantis didn't participated in this one :( ) week.
Whaaaa, the next ep is already up? Time to watch it!

I recently did a WHOIS on persona5.jp again, and I noticed it was recently updated again, this time on July 1, 2014. On June 8, 2014, the domain was updated to change the owner from index corporation to ATLUS CO.,LTD. and to renew the domain. This update, however, seems to be different. While there is no info on what was updated, as this is only a WHOIS; something definitely has changed in order for that update to be reflected. I guess we'll find out when the time comes.

FluxWaveZ

I thought the above was in reference to the domain renewal update (as you mention), but I was wrong. I had noticed it was updated on that date too, a while back, but I never gave it any thought because I had thought it was just part of the domain renewal thing, when it was actually probably two separate updates. No one seemed to mention it, either. Guess they don't mean much when the website's exactly the same.

Tamanon

Banned
I recently did a WHOIS on persona5.jp again, and I noticed it was recently updated again, this time on July 1, 2014. On June 8, 2014, the domain was updated to change the owner from index corporation to ATLUS CO.,LTD. and to renew the domain. This update, however, seems to be different. While there is no info on what was updated, as this is only a WHOIS; something definitely has changed in order for that update to be reflected. I guess we'll find out when the time comes.

Only thing that seems different is a little JavaScript that seems to just help with tracking page views.

Code:
var _gaq = _gaq || [];
  _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-45972957-1']);
  _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'persona5.jp']);
  _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);

I don't remember that being there earlier.

Sophia

I honestly can't believe the Golden anime is as good as it is. That video camera scene was perfect.

It's far from good. The animation studio just had to compromise with what they could get, and in that aspect they're doing a fantastic job.

What's a Vita?

Oh right, the P4G machine.

I think mine ends up being used more for Final Fantasy. :S

Or lately, Luftrasuers and Terraria. >.>

Out of boredom, I was browsing through the P4 character sheet on TVTropes and something caught my eye about Rise's entry:

"Heteronormative Crusader: It's a subtler part of her characterization, but Rise is never fully comfortable with Kanji's sexuality."

I understand that it's a wiki entry, but I was wondering if anyone picked up on this?
I, personally, never saw anything of the sort.
Did I miss something or is this entry nothing?

Top Bottom