• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

tumblr_n9ar2430wF1tt73w0o1_1280.png

Shadow Aigis

Sometimes you just really want to draw a Terminator.

Holy crap that's awesome! And terrifying, which makes it even better in my opninion.

TimmiT

Don't worry. Tokyo Game Show 2014 is almost upon us
and just like last year's, it might pass us by without us getting any new tidbits about it..

I'd be surprised if we didn't see anything at or before TGS 2014, seeing how the game will be released this year in Japan.

FluxWaveZ

I'd be surprised if we didn't see anything at or before TGS 2014, seeing how the game will be released this year in Japan.

Winter 2014. Could mean February/March 2015 release.

Who here's planning on getting an import (Japanese) copy/share of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax/P4U2?

I'm getting it. The import OT's been ready for months now, but I might not put it up on the 21st depending on whether or not we get an actual confirmation that the JPN version is region free, as a precaution.

MSMrRound

Who here's planning on getting an import (Japanese) copy/share of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax/P4U2?

I think I'm pretty much going to get that, since I live in Singapore and all (R3 region).
so if anyone got a Aigis (P3) code from the Japanese magazine and are willing to share, I think I can put it to use...*nudge nudge wink wink*
Most likely just a normal edition unless my local gaming shop can assure me that they can bringing in the correct stuff.

Was initially not too sure about going for it, but [redacted], Marie and some of the new inclusions
and hanging on PersonaGAF/Twitter
had me pretty hyped up for me (though I'm pretty much on a scrub level, and easy pickings for everyone).

FluxWaveZ

Its a bit of a shame how many times this has needed to be repeated so many times in this thread and elsewhere. Not much that can be done about it, though.

I want to avoid hammering that point, but I feel the need to because it's a very real possibility. I think that if/when the game is revealed for a 2015 release in Japan, there will be a whole lot of people saying "what happened to 2014?" when it was never announced for "2014" in the first place.

Mdesilva

A month headstart on Ultimax is irresistible for me with the relatively small cost of a share. Especially when I'm playing a somewhat difficult character in Yukari, it'll be good to learn setups and everything so once America gets the game I can body people faster :3

TimmiT

Its a bit of a shame how many times this has needed to be repeated so many times in this thread and elsewhere. Not much that can be done about it, though.

Has this ever actually been the case for a game with a Winter 2014 release date without it being a delay, though?

LX_Theo

Banned
Has this ever actually been the case for a game with a Winter 2014 release date without it being a delay, though?

Pretty sure they did the same thing with Catherine (Ended up being a February release).

They basically would only have one month in the year to release it with the Winter 2014 release frame, anyways.

FluxWaveZ

Has this ever actually been the case for the release of a game without it being a delay, though?

Yes. Many times. An especially relevant example that was released in February 2011:
(Plus how their PR was always talking about "Winter 2010")

It's correct. "Winter 2010" starts in late December 2010, and ends in mid-March 2011. "Winter 2014" will be the same, meaning it won't be a delay until April 2015.

Don't worry. Tokyo Game Show 2014 is almost upon us
and just like last year's, it might pass us by without us getting any new tidbits about it..

What even gets announced at TGS besides super niche otaku stuff? It seems most of the Japanese publishers have abandoned it and are using E3 to promote their games now.

What even gets announced at TGS besides super niche otaku stuff? It seems most of the Japanese publishers have abandoned it and are using E3 to promote their games now.

Niche for us maybe, but there are huge Japanese franchise that are showcased at TGS.

I mean, it is a convention for Japanese games and developers...it's more on par with something like Gamescom than E3

I just finished Persona 4 Golden. First Persona I've completed but I started P3 a bunch of times.

What an amazing game and what a hugely disappointing ending. I can't help but feel that I did something wrong, but that I also made the right choices.

Japanese release of Ultimax

Ultimax = 28th August

US Danganronpa 2 = 2th September
PAL Danganronpa 2 = 5th Spetemer
Cool, just before school starts again Ç_Ç
Couldn't they release it a bit earlier?

What an amazing game and what a hugely disappointing ending. I can't help but feel that I did something wrong, but that I also made the right choices.
Did you get the true ending?

I just finished Persona 4 Golden. First Persona I've completed but I started P3 a bunch of times.

Could you be a bit more specific? Maybe you didn't max out a social link or made a bad decision?

Setsu00

What was your last day in the game?

Meia

Did you get the true ending?

Could you be a bit more specific? Maybe didn't max out a social link or made a bad decision?

These convos are always fun. I too am curious to see what the last thing you experienced in the game was. I've seen a few complaints about P4, but the ending has never been one of them. :)

Game ended in March but jumped from like November to March.
I decided not to kill Namatame. I can't believe that i was supposed to kill him.

My only maxed social links were Chie, Yukiko, Rise, Yumi, and the nurse. Maybe I should have maxed Yosuke and Kanji.

LX_Theo

Banned

You might want to clarify on the ending you got. There are multiple endings and quite a few bad ones.

I decided not to kill Namatame. I can't believe that i was supposed to kill him.

My only maxed social links were Chie, Yukiko, Rise, Yumi, and the nurse. Maybe I should have maxed Yosuke and Kanji.

That is one of the bad endings.

You need to give these answers when you're in
Namatame's hospital room

- Wait a second here...
- We're missing something.
- Namatame's true feelings.
- Something's been bothering me.
- We're missing something...
- Calm the hell down!

Then, the game will progress more.

You made some wrong dialog choices. I'd suggest checking a spoiler-free guide.
Edit: Beaten. Not surprising. Follow what the post above me said and you'll have a nice surprise :)

Setsu00

You made some wrong choices. Also, max out Marie's social link.

You're not supposed to.
Also, you missed out on two of the big S-links.
Best you can hope for now is 'Good'

You made some wrong dialog choices. I'd suggest checking a spoiler-free guide.
I'll go through it again without the guide. I think trying to use a max slink guide killed my P3 interest.

But to be clear the recommendation is not to start over on new game plus right now and work on different links?

I'll go through it again without the guide. I think trying to use a max slink guide killed my P3 interest.

But to be clear the recommendation is not to start over on new game plus right now and work on different links?
Just for the dialog I meant.
The dialog when you're in front of the tv, to decide wheter to throw Namatame in or not, determines if the game ends there or continues. Follow what the previous posts said , no need for the guide when you have PersonaGAF.
You just need to reload the save and make the right choices. It's a weird thing because you have to pick exactly the ones the ga.e wants, or it will give you a bad ending.

Awesome. Thank. I'll go back to it. Again game has been amazing in every way except difficulty. Would really have been bizarre if this was it. But I've also managed to be completely spoiler free until this point.

Meia

And you missed out on 30 hours of gametime. :D

And I'd strongly recommend when you're able to get some free time again to make maxing Marie a priority.

And you missed out on 30 hours of gametime. :D

And I'd strongly recommend when you're able to get some free time again to make maxing Marie a priority.
Will do. I think she's up to 6. I was working on her, Nanako, and Dojima when this section of game started.

Just maxed Fool and started Judgment so I think I'm good. :)

Meia

It would really be a massive shock if TGS is the thing that sparks anything new about Persona 5. I really wouldn't expect anything from it.

Niche for us maybe, but there are huge Japanese franchise that are showcased at TGS.

I mean, it is a convention for Japanese games and developers...it's more on par with something like Gamescom than E3

Niche for the Japanese audience as well. The Compile Heart's and Idea Factory's basically run the show now. I don't see anything like Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, MGS, The Last Guardian, Dark Souls, Tekken, or any other major japanese games getting announced at TGS anymore.

FluxWaveZ

The above is the reason why I'd fully expect Atlus' own unveil stream/event before a TGS one. They've shown they're fully capable of doing that now.

Besides, it might not be complete, but I'd expect Atlus to have their own booth as part of the TGS 2014 exhibitor list if they were going to show something as large as Persona 5, and they're not on the list. Wouldn't expect P5 to really be shown directly under the "Sega" banner or through some other weird third party (though maybe I'm overstating the importance of that, since I believe at least Catherine was shown under Konami's booth, which is comparable).

Meia

Yeah, at this point in the game hang with Marie whenever she's available. Get her to rank 10 ASAP.

Thankfully, unlike normally, she's available every single day when things open again, so he'll be able to catch up pretty easily. Just, yeah, do that first. :)

kewlmyc

So PersonaGAF, I'm trying to get into fighting game (mechanics, learning how to use a stick, etc) and want to use Arena to train in overall fighting mechanics before Ultimax comes out. So here's my question: which character would it be best to train with in order to learn all of this stuff? I'm thinking Yu, but is there any better character to learn basic fighting game mechanics with? Or should I try a different game altogether. I thought I'd post here before going to FGCGAF.

FluxWaveZ

So here's my question: which character would it be best to train with in order to learn all of this stuff? I'm thinking Yu, but is there any better character to learn basic fighting game mechanics with?

Any. Some people will probably recommend Yu because he's the "overall" character, but I disagree that that's supposed to make him more suitable for beginners or anything. Having a character with all-around tools won't make someone learn the neutral game better and, if anything, characters like Akihiko who one needs to be patient with will make one improve by learning how to defend.

If one's not familiar with (air dash) fighting games much, it might be best to avoid Aigis and Shadow Labrys, but for the rest it's just about preference. It'd probably be best to try a bit of each character initially to see how different they play, and then stick to a character who fits your playstyle or that you like aesthetically or whatever.

Top Bottom