• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

b0uncyfr0

And what GPU do you have? Tried to force AA, supersampling, etc. via GPU control?

770 2GB. Judging from the textures its using, i should be able to run 4K with ease at 60 fps. Havent forced AA yet but im about to play with gedosato.

Edit: Gedosato doesnt seem to work on PES2015 or im doing something wrong. Maybe the Game has an internal limit. I tested with a 4k desktop resolution and it only gave me 1440p in the settings.exe resolution options. Stupid Konami.

Spent a few hours yesterday editing the premiership and the championship teams to their real name counterparts, editing stadium names and editing kits. Wasn't as much of a chore as I thought it would be.

I've got to hand it to Konami this is the best football game I've played since the PS2 era, it's a shame it took them a whole generation and a new engine to get it right tho. It's the best representation of football I've played on a console.

Is it really that good? I'm on the fence if i should buy it..

alterno69

Banned
The game only shows the download of the first 4.5gb of data, at that point you can only play Sevilla vs Madrid cause the rest of the game is still downloading in the background but it won't show on your downloads. Press the option button on the game icon on the PS4 menu and go to Information. You'll be able to see how much it has downloaded, the total is actually 21gb.

Bumhead

Banned
10... hours???

Maybe a slight exaggeration as I didn't exactly time it, but it took me a while yeah.

I tried to make classic looking retro kits rather than replicating this seasons so I did a fair bit of research and referencing while I was in the edit mode. Took me quite a long time across 2 or 3 sessions as I tried to split the time up between actually playing the game.

For basic edit like club name, manager details, player names and formations I'd say yes. I managed to edit kits and badges included within 10 hours in PES14 on PS3 :/

If that's all you're doing then sure. I like to tinker and create new players that will either look like shit or they aren't in the game at all. I also tend to edit stats and such.

PC version looks like shite (colorless and bland) and plays like shite (to me). It doesn't look or play as fluid as what ive seen on the PS4 gameplay videos. Can anyone confirm this??Is DF planning to compare PES PS4 to PC anytime soon?

Also for the technically adept:
No AA
Max Resolution is 1080p
DSR not supported (So no 4K)
Same old Low-Med-High Presets - No customizing

The options screen menu with the N64 style texture makes me sick...

nenxd2rz.jpg

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Is there no one else here who can't get online games to work?
I can't join any lobby and random match connection search just loops endlessly.

Testet on:
Game downloaded from: US PSN

Account: US

Account: EU

<- That cant be a problem, right?

Hedrush

Any chance of some screens of your work ? Thinking of doing this myself if option files are a no go

Here's a couple of my favourites. The editing system is quite robust, it's quite easy to make replica shirts.

1FDQT0J.png

PtwDYmz.png

JQRY2zZ.png

NxZmyym.png

I'm particularly proud of my Newcastle shirt, I think it's pretty accurate.

Xater

I am on the fence about getting this. Mostly because I am too lazy to edit stuff. Why couldn't Konami figure out a way to get around the limitations of these new machines? Other sports games allow you in game to share rosters and sliders and stuff. That would have been a great way to make things easy for people.

Lux R7

i gotta say that, on PC, the gameplay is fine.
But the graphics are not.
I care about the first one, but i'm really disappointed for the second.
Even the grass is awful. (max settings)
I don't get it.

However, like i said, gameplay wise, it is an amazing soccer game.

Lux R7

770 2GB. Judging from the textures its using, i should be able to run 4K with ease at 60 fps. Havent forced AA yet but im about to play with gedosato.

Edit: Gedosato doesnt seem to work on PES2015 or im doing something wrong. Maybe the Game has an internal limit. I tested with a 4k desktop resolution and it only gave me 1440p in the settings.exe resolution options. Stupid Konami.

ah shirts..
i'm gonna try too, if anything good happens i'll report here.

Carlius

Banned
I don't get it.

ya, the gameplay is actaully very good, and i agree on the graphics. absolutely terrible, it really makes me not wanna play it. also, why cant i downsample? wtf is up with that? no more thn 1080p? so lame

Malcolm9

This game is fantastic, finally there is a decent alternative to FIFA.

The editing options are limited compared to last gen but you can make decent replica kits, and give most teams their correct name in regards to commentary.

I would like to think Konami can bring in an in-game share feature for edited content, rather than people having to resort to USB sticks etc.

MUnited83

For you.
is the steam version (if you download the game) english only!? the page says that theres no spanish options...

Should have spanish. The languages are not properly listed on the store page. My game started in full portuguese despite not showing portuguese as supported on the store page.

I don't get it.

sucks that it's a lazy port, is there hope for any graphical mods? I'm not too familiar with the pes modding scene, but I know of other games where players have upgraded the look of the game.

Carlius

Banned
sucks that it's a lazy port, is there hope for any graphical mods? I'm not too familiar with the pes modding scene, but I know of other games where players have upgraded the look of the game.

there is in terms of shirts, faces and maybe some other minor details, but nothing that will change the lighting, or particles or grass. its gonna look flat as hell no matter what. lazy port indeed. fun gameplay, but i cant handle the robotic animations and terrible graphics.

The stuttering is really really bad. I'm just turning off internet connection in PS4 network setting just to get smooth gameplay, but then I can't do any of the myclub stuff. I hope this is fixed once their maintenance is done.

mf luder

Thanks for the list. Saved me a good bit of time.

Someone said if you disable auto login via extras>online settings it will stop the stuttering. Well it doesn't, the stuttering is just as bad with this off. Turning off the ps4 network features does work tho.

Hmm there is an option in settings for upnp and it is defaulted to on. Will try with this off shortly to see if there's an improvement.

Did get round to turning upup off? Did it help?

Hedrush

Is it really that good? I'm on the fence if i should buy it..

Yes, it's that good. The AI from what I've played so far are really good. Playing teams lower skilled than yourself you'll see they are reluctant to even push men forward at times and they will happily pass the ball about their own half attempting to pull your players out of position. I went 1-0 up against some low league Brazilian team with 20 minutes left of the second half. For the majority of the game they where happy to try playing for a draw but once I took the lead you could see their whole game plan changed and they pushed for a late leveller. With them pushing men forward I managed to catch them on the break with 5 minutes remaining and slotted past the keeper for the 2 - 0 win. And that was just a friendly on regular difficulty.

Did get round to turning upup off? Did it help?

Yes I did, it didn't work. I've just been switching off the ps4 network.

Nice work mate

Thanks.

Take note if your going to edit kits yourself turn off the music first. There's only so much you can take off Ellie Goulding.

Top Bottom