• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT3| PS4 ways to play

I started doing XH this week after hitting 70 and my very first drop was a *13 rifle. How do I go about efficiently grinding this thing?

Also, what do I do with *13 eggs if I don't care about Summoner at all?

13* grind rates are kinda-sorta 50% success rate each grind. This means that they're easier grinds than 11* or 12*, but its still up to luck in the end. Due to the high meseta cost and the fact they use lambda grinders you want to try and mitigate the cost as much as you can. One of the best ways to go about grinding them is to use as many +1 or +2 grind protects as you can. If you have grind success rate boosters you ought to use them as well after +6. If you have any of those grind skip items it would be worth using them too.

Hold onto the 13* eggs. Maybe one day you can sell them once 13* trading is a thing.

13* grind rates are kinda-sorta 50% success rate each grind. This means that they're easier grinds than 11* or 12*, but its still up to luck in the end. Due to the high meseta cost and the fact they use lambda grinders you want to try and mitigate the cost as much as you can. One of the best ways to go about grinding them is to use as many +1 or +2 grind protects as you can. If you have grind success rate boosters you ought to use them as well after +6. If you have any of those grind skip items it would be worth using them too.

Hold onto the 13* eggs. Maybe one day you can sell them once 13* trading is a thing.

I wouldn't even consider a old-type 13* grind without a skip 5. To do otherwise is just a waste of lambdas.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that it was a new type.

You obviously want to 60 element a 13 star. I hope you have Zieg's Fortunate Omen quest done as it lets you carry a weapon with the Fortunate Omen potential, making almost all rare drops unidentified which lets you decide on the element at the item tekker. For grinding it should be 1 +26 NT Nox weapon -> 2 +23 NT Nox weapons -> 2 +27 NT Nox weapons needed total (weapon type of nox weapon doesn't matter.) That's a general grind method which requires 12 star passes or Nox NT weapons on hand but it should take you to +10, +20, then +30 and that's when you want to element grind with another of the same 13 star NT. The effort past +30 is not really worth farming more 13 stars, I just keep my weapons at whatever the element grind takes them to.

Bit the bullet and got a month of premium. How do I make the most of it, particularly making money on the shop?

Primarily you'll make money by selling high value affixes on weapons or units. Things like Modulator, TokyoTrainBoss' soul, attack3's. If you get weapons or units with a high number of slots, check whats on them and sell it. Check what the market value of the things you have are and sell at that price, people will buy it. Selling rare weapons isn't as profitable as it used to be but you may happen to have some of the few expensive weapons collecting dust in your storage. Don't undercut the lowest price by too much unless you're absolutely desperate. The more you can sell the better.

If you have a lot of time to waste, you can sit at the visiphones all day and buy and resell things people put up for too low a price. Occasionally you'll see things like costumes for 1 10's place too little or some affix that is way below market value. Some of the best times to do this are in the hours after a new AC scratch is released.

If you're feeling crazy lucky you can make high quality units and sell them at high prices. But i would suggest against this as it is more likely to kill you inside.

Aside from that make as many 10, 11, and 12 star passes as you think you'll need. Definitely try and get some 11star unit passes. Take advantage of the free crafting slots if you want to level up your crafting. Use the premium medical drinks that guarantee RDR boost when going on EQs.

Is PSO2 Tweaker supposed to delete itself after closing the game?

There's no sign of it on my pc. no searches are coming up and it never said where it was installing in the first place, just where you want the game to install.

EDIT: Ok, turns out the file in my download folder is also used to start it instead of just for setup like most things.

EDIT 2: Ok, now I moved it to its own folder, but now when I try to start the game, it just starts immediately before the GN field thing can even rename stuff and then Gameguard pops up and crashes the game then I get Microsoft Frameworkd errors.

Has this program become unsafe to use now? I don't want to get banned because this thing doesn't even work properly anymore. This GN field thing also doesn't rename the tweaker anymore, so I guess it's unusable now.

I remember the tweaker working well a year or two ago when I last played but I guess it's not updated anymore or something which might explain the random bugs.

Primarily you'll make money by selling high value affixes on weapons or units. Things like Modulator, TokyoTrainBoss' soul, attack3's. If you get weapons or units with a high number of slots, check whats on them and sell it. Check what the market value of the things you have are and sell at that price, people will buy it. Selling rare weapons isn't as profitable as it used to be but you may happen to have some of the few expensive weapons collecting dust in your storage. Don't undercut the lowest price by too much unless you're absolutely desperate. The more you can sell the better.

If you have a lot of time to waste, you can sit at the visiphones all day and buy and resell things people put up for too low a price. Occasionally you'll see things like costumes for 1 10's place too little or some affix that is way below market value. Some of the best times to do this are in the hours after a new AC scratch is released.

If you're feeling crazy lucky you can make high quality units and sell them at high prices. But i would suggest against this as it is more likely to kill you inside.

Aside from that make as many 10, 11, and 12 star passes as you think you'll need. Definitely try and get some 11star unit passes. Take advantage of the free crafting slots if you want to level up your crafting. Use the premium medical drinks that guarantee RDR boost when going on EQs.

To add to this, you want to have completed Zieg's other quest that let's you carry an item with the "Skilled Trainer" potential for an increased chance at more affixes on item drops. To farm modulator you want to get cloned by running the Harukotan TACO until you get the abduction quest because it's the fastest to clear (your clone in the abduction can also drop modulator affixed items) and then you can also look for clones in Advanced Quests but this is RNG. You can also run the last few floors of Extreme Quests, you're looking for the Flict and Alter prefix affixed items but you also have nice chances at 11 star units too. People also flip FUN scratch items too: nice furniture or lobby actions after scratch updates, meseta boosts +50%.

The extra craft slots from Premium are also useful if you haven't done Zieg's quests (weapon extensions.) This is an outdated guide for that:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?226362-Zeig-s-Crafting-Client-Orders-(COs)-EP3

Is PSO2 Tweaker supposed to delete itself after closing the game?

There's no sign of it on my pc. no searches are coming up and it never said where it was installing in the first place, just where you want the game to install.

EDIT: Ok, turns out the file in my download folder is also used to start it instead of just for setup like most things.

EDIT 2: Ok, now I moved it to its own folder, but now when I try to start the game, it just starts immediately before the GN field thing can even rename stuff and then Gameguard pops up and crashes the game then I get Microsoft Frameworkd errors.

Has this program become unsafe to use now? I don't want to get banned because this thing doesn't even work properly anymore. This GN field thing also doesn't rename the tweaker anymore, so I guess it's unusable now.

I remember the tweaker working well a year or two ago when I last played but I guess it's not updated anymore or something which might explain the random bugs.

There's some talk I remember in the previous pages
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202654783&postcount=208
and
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=211197846&postcount=298

Personally I stopped using the Tweaker to launch the game, I just use it to patch when manual patching fails. Here's my post for that:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=203313186&postcount=223

EDIT: added more stuff to first answer

Thanks for all the help, guys.

Another quick question, though. Of the four 13* drops I've gotten since beginning to play on XH, three have been Summoner related. Is there anything I can do with these eggs/candy, or is Summoner the absolute worst thing to happen to this game?

Thanks for all the help, guys.

Another quick question, though. Of the four 13* drops I've gotten since beginning to play on XH, three have been Summoner related. Is there anything I can do with these eggs/candy, or is Summoner the absolute worst thing to happen to this game?

You let them collect dust in storage until the day when 13* trading becomes a thing. At which point you can finally sell them on the player market.

ShinMaruku

Sega you incompetent fools what could have been...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oObT7I2SmqA

Pretty awesome tie in.

I also love how that theme song ties into Karen and Ethan.

Hell I love how they are a spin off of Chaz and Rika:
91-Phantasy-Star-4059.jpg

23.jpg

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Shame on you guys for not letting me know that selling Photon Spheres is the best way to make money.
Photon Spheres are the best way to get XP, since you can exchange them for 75% boosters, which work together with Triboosts (and who doesn't have 99+ 50% triboosts at this point).

Shame on you guys for not letting me know that selling Photon Spheres is the best way to make money.

Photon Spheres are the best way to get XP, since you can exchange them for 75% boosters, which work together with Triboosts (and who doesn't have 99+ 50% triboosts at this point).

They're also used to unlock potentials which you'll need for all those NT 13 stars. I think grinders are supposed to be decent money? Probably better to sell those.

I've had about 200 grinders on sale since I got premium and haven't sold a single one.

Nobody buys grinders from player shops any more, they haven't been sellable to other players for a couple of years now. Just sell them to the NPC vendors for 400(?) meseta each, considering you can usually get 100+ of them per EQ it's small, regular, easy piles of money.

ViciousDS

Banned
just got everything setup and am downloading now on my PS4......kind of excited, after watching gameplay and stuff. This game looks beautiful and still blows my mind as to why it hasn't come to the west on PS4. People right now are just oozing mmo esque games on the console due to neverwinter, warframe and now sto.

How are the English patches for the PC version? Is most of the game translated?

If you're looking for important gameplay stuff, nearly all of it is translated. If you're talking about NPC dialogue fluff, no, they're usually not. Although the story itself is periodically updated with translations

So is this busted for everyone else? I just downloaded 40gb only for some random GameGuard bullshit to pop up any time I try to launch it through the PSO2 Tweaker program... can't find a solid solution for it even on the Arks Layer forums :(

So is this busted for everyone else? I just downloaded 40gb only for some random GameGuard bullshit to pop up any time I try to launch it through the PSO2 Tweaker program... can't find a solid solution for it even on the Arks Layer forums :(

Have you tried launching the game through the standard PSO2 launcher?

I've been gone a long time. So, I came back and there is an "entrance exam" of sorts on a large number of blocks. How hard can it be, right?

I finally got around to trimming and uploading my solo ex attempts. These are played on PS4, but with a keyboard/mouse. All my equipment is pre-skill ring update, so neither character is wearing any skill rings. (Still don't really understand them.)

FoTe fail: https://youtu.be/WpdUtpz8mH8
BrHu pass (I basically never play BrHu and just did this because I was told it was pretty easy to faceroll it this way): https://youtu.be/mQmXSjnJkqE

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Are there any games like this in the west? I fear that the age of this game makes it not worth getting into at this point.

Are there any games like this in the west? I fear that the age of this game makes it not worth getting into at this point.

What makes you say that? The game seems to be going pretty strong still, with new content still released every couple weeks.

Hi can someone please make me account login ... I've tried so hard on PC and PS4 would love to play

You're going to have to do it on your own given the registration tracks your hardware address. But if it's the captcha stopping you, I might be able to help if you screenshot it and post it here.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What makes you say that? The game seems to be going pretty strong still, with new content still released every couple weeks.

You're going to have to do it on your own given the registration tracks your hardware address. But if it's the captcha stopping you, I might be able to help if you screenshot it and post it here.

If it's still active and welcoming to new players, I'll install it. My brother wants to get into it, too.

Top Bottom