• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity by Obsidian Entertainment (Kickstarter) [Up: Teaser]

600k, huh? Not too bad at all.

I really want this to actually happen. Hopefully whatever total they end up with is enough for it to actually be made and be quality. As Billie pointed out, and in my opinion, the writing is the most important thing, and I am almost sure that will be there, regardless of the polish level of the game.

But I really want a great game, too.

Syraxith

So I read the gamebanshee Feargus interview.

projecteternitybacking.jpg

I salute you sir.

*salutes*

Erethian

600k, huh? Not too bad at all.

I really want this to actually happen. Hopefully whatever total they end up with is enough for it to actually be made and be quality. As Billie pointed out, and in my opinion, the writing is the most important thing, and I am almost sure that will be there, regardless of the polish level of the game.

But I really want a great game, too.

Having their own internal engine they can use it going to help a lot with the funding requirements of the game. Not just because they don't have to license one, but because everyone at the studio will already be deeply familiar with the toolset. Which will really help streamline the content generation.

So, they're at $605k, Evilore's thrown three grand at them and there's talk of an informal GAF meet-up at Obsidian's offices with cake. Enough internet for the night, methinks.

I pledged $280, and I want to thank Namco Bandai for making that possible.

You So Best.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Reading the Gamebanshee interview i have a feeling about this game. Like this quote right here..

Buck: Let's talk mechanics. While the game is certainly far from completion, what are your goals for the character creation and advancement system? Will progression be a standard affair with attributes and skills/perks/feats, or will you be treading into unknown territory? Finally, will there be a major focus on the non-combat abilities that are often overlooked in modern RPGs?

Feargus: Yes, yes and yes – we are still rolling up the system, but our goals are very much along the lines of creating a robust and multi-faceted RPG system.
This right here is what i want to read.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Obsidian, you didn't even have to give him a project name. Pledged.

Has Tim Cain really not worked on a fantasy RPG before? I thought he was involved in Arcanum.

You guys know Madrugador actually means early bird in spanish?
It sounds way cooler in spanish

Just backed the game with $20.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Where do you even get Dunkin Donuts around here? The nearest one I see on Google Maps is out in Camp Pendleton.

Ah, shit. Well, there is the donut place near Zamora's. They might do the same. There is also one off of Red Hill that may be able to do it.

Riposte

What I don't get is why is Obsidian making a pure fantasy game, completely unshackled. Seems like the type of game they don't want to make.

They should make the first stretch goal "hire people to perform QA on the game". Maybe if they build a strong testing team now, future obsidian games will be playtested, too!

Top Bottom