• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

I just picked up a pro, and the light bar on the front of the system looks like shit.

Is this the norm? Like the lighting is all uneven and doesn't go all the way to the U.S. ports cleanly like it's supposed to.

It went from not too bad on the OG PS4, to cool it's very small and almost unnoticeable on the PS4 Slim, to an eye sore on the Pro. I find it more annoying than the DS4 Lightbar.

I just picked up a pro, and the light bar on the front of the system looks like shit.

Is this the norm? Like the lighting is all uneven and doesn't go all the way to the U.S. ports cleanly like it's supposed to (or should).

It went from not too bad on the OG PS4, to cool it's very small and almost unnoticeable on the PS4 Slim, to an eye sore on the Pro. I find it more annoying than the DS4 Lightbar.

I covered it with duct tape. It was fucking distracting and annoying under my TV. Terrible design choice IMO.

splattered

So... I just picked up our PS4 Pro tonight and I installed a 2TB HDD and initialized... went to PS Store to re-download all my games and themes and strangely it seems like not everything is showing up? And some things that are in my list don't have the download now button on them???

For instance, I purchased the Dark Souls 3 Season Pass, yet its not in my list to grab again?

And I purchased the Driveclub Season Pass forever ago... I do see all the individual items in the list but they don't have the download now buttons on them?

Another example is Metal Gear Solid V .. there are like 10 items in my download list but only three of them give me the download now buttons?

What is going on here? Is this normal and how do I fix it?

ZOONAMI

So... I just picked up our PS4 Pro tonight and I installed a 2TB HDD and initialized... went to PS Store to re-download all my games and themes and strangely it seems like not everything is showing up? And some things that are in my list don't have the download now button on them???

For instance, I purchased the Dark Souls 3 Season Pass, yet its not in my list to grab again?

And I purchased the Driveclub Season Pass forever ago... I do see all the individual items in the list but they don't have the download now buttons on them?

Another example is Metal Gear Solid V .. there are like 10 items in my download list but only three of them give me the download now buttons?

Problem I have is all my saves saves not showing up despite having everything on auto upload. Ms does a much better job with this.

The same game can handle DLC in two different ways. One, the DLC is individual items you have to download from the store. Two, the DLC is packed into the game download that everyone gets, and your account is what gives you access to unlock them, so you don't actually have to download every single DLC item again.

Is this the norm? Like the lighting is all uneven and doesn't go all the way to the U.S. ports cleanly like it's supposed to (or should).

Ya, my launch PS4 was slightly uneven, but the pro is way worse. The fact that they used a cheap, uneven LED bar, but insisted on mounting it on the front to be seen at all times, was a poor design choice.

Ya, my launch PS4 was slightly uneven, but the pro is way worse. The fact that they used a cheap, uneven LED bar, but insisted on mounting it on the front to be seen at all times, was a poor design choice.

Depends on your unit. Mine is fine.
15153121_128724120466lns3b.jpg

CryptiK

The light bar on the launch PS4 was meant to be uneven. Not sure about the pro tho.

Mesharey

Man I'm trying to upload 4K screenshots but Twitter, Facebook, PSN don't upload the 4K screenshot..
Should I transfer it to flash memory then upload it to a website?!

RedAssedApe

Banned

huh? isn't that normal for it to taper off near the edges? its now you get the pulsing effect no?

the light itself seems fine on mine its not too bright like some leds can be (i.e my fucking blinding cable modem). the actual bar itself does feel cheap and i'm not a fan of how flimsy it looks and feels when pressing power and eject

mileS

Funny reading most people saying the new controller is the same minus the light shining through on the touchpad. Picked it up and give it a quick look and noticed 5 other differences. Nothing major but there are quite a few minor changes.

Funny reading most people saying the new controller is the same minus the light shining through on the touchpad. Picked it up and give it a quick look and noticed 5 other differences. Nothing major but there are quite a few minor changes.

So, what are the differences?

mileS

I just said 5 randomly. Give it up.
Different texture on the dpad (color as well)
Triggers feel a bit more stiff.
Different buttons
Sticks feel different.
Most of the buttons changed colors

Like I said, minor but come on. Just look at the thing. Just throught it was funny considering all the posts that just laughed it off for only having a light strip on the touchpad.

Haines

Banned
Playing uncharted 4 on pro/ks8000

Never has living room console gaming been so impressive.

We finally got there. Gaming bliss.

MrGerbils

The more Pro enhanced games I play the more I wish every game had a 1080p30 + enhanced graphics option.

Watch Dogs 2 looks ok I guess but at higher res on a huge tv the pop in and detail scaling is just painfully obvious. If they could use any of the extra power to hide that shit but just have it run at 1080p I'd take it in a heartbeat.

I guess what I'm really saying is that I want options... so, in before someone tells me to just get a PC I guess...

Edit:

Actually, even though Sony meant for the Pro to be a stop gap to keep people from jumping to PC mid generation.. it's kind of having the opposite effect on me and I'm way more tempted now than ever to just build a PC. I thought the Pro would hold me over but they just didn't make it powerful enough..

Does anyone know if COD IW multiplayer has HDR?
No, IW does not feature HDR at all. Its Pro support comes in resolution only.
Netflix is running at 60 hz but I wish it was 30. I dont know how to change it.
What Marty Chinn said. You should want Netflix to be 24Hz, since that is the majority of what its content is. Yes, there is 30Hz content, too, I'm sure. I would take an educated guess and say there's way more 24 fps content, though.

Since the ps4 pro can stream remote play 1080p, Does that mean a ddifference for the vita?

Did OG ps4 stream 720p content down to 540p? Is pro downscaling from 4k to 1080p, sends 1080p to vita and vita downscales that to 540p? Would that even be noticable on the vita screen? Too bad the vita is still the bittleneck in terms of wifi speed :/

Since the ps4 pro can stream remote play 1080p, Does that mean a ddifference for the vita?

Did OG ps4 stream 720p content down to 540p? Is pro downscaling from 4k to 1080p, sends 1080p to vita and vita downscales that to 540p? Would that even be noticable on the vita screen? Too bad the vita is still the bittleneck in terms of wifi speed :/
Vita WiFi sucks so still 540

Wish I could change it to ac wireless

doemaaan

So, I'm currently reading into the nitty gritty of all these specs and I'm a little confused about 2 things.

1) Does this "input lag" have anything to do with a TV's refresh rate? If you have a 4K TV with 120hz, are you good?

2) I see there's an HDMI cable out there labelled HDMI 2.0a. I keep seeing that it's specifically for HDR experiences, but the HDMI cable that came with the PS4 Pro is just HDMI 2.0. At least that's the info I can find online about that. Does this mean I have to buy an HDMI 2.0a cable (couldn't find one on bestbuy.com) or are all HDMI 2.0 cables HDR compatible.

So, I'm currently reading into the nitty gritty of all these specs and I'm a little confused about 2 things.

1) Does this "input lag" have anything to do with a TV's refresh rate? If you have a 4K TV with 120hz, are you good?

2) I see there's an HDMI cable out there labelled HDMI 2.0a. I keep seeing that it's specifically for HDR experiences, but the HDMI cable that came with the PS4 Pro is just HDMI 2.0. At least that's the info I can find online about that. Does this mean I have to buy an HDMI 2.0a cable (couldn't find one on bestbuy.com) or are all HDMI 2.0 cables HDR compatible.

1. No. You have to look up your specific display's lag on rtngs. The lower the ms the better.
2. 2.0 should be fine as long as it's not a faulty cable.

Crumpo

Played a bit of BF1 on my 1080p last night and I definitely could see an improvement. Smoother frame rate was nice but the image was so CLEAN. Convinced someone who was skeptical about benefits for 1080p tv owners.

Can't wait to pick up a 4k tv on Black Friday now!

Sony really needs to add cloud storage support for screenshots so you can get uncompressed pics off of the console without having to plug in a usb drive

Ferr986

I just said 5 randomly. Give it up.
Different texture on the dpad (color as well)
Triggers feel a bit more stiff.
Different buttons
Sticks feel different.
Most of the buttons changed colors

Like I said, minor but come on. Just look at the thing. Just throught it was funny considering all the posts that just laughed it off for only having a light strip on the touchpad.

Sticks def are better on the new pad IMO. OG DS4 sticks were a lil too loose.

farisr

Just plugged it in, don't have anything installed yet. Go to download my saves from the cloud and I need to have the games installed that I want to download the saves for. You gotta be shitting me...
wait, that's weird. I could've sworn I've downloaded my sfv save and definitely haven't installed the game on the pro yet. I'll check later tonight to confirm.
just checked. Yeah didn't let me download saves for applications that aren't installed. Street fighter V data is on the system because I restored it via harddrive backup.

ctfg23

I got a $10 PS Store voucher and the message said "Welcome to the World of PlayStation" or something like that. I assume that this is has something to do with getting the Pro. I've had an OG PS4 since launch day. Anyone else get a $10 code?

flozuki

I got a $10 PS Store voucher and the message said "Welcome to the World of PlayStation" or something like that. I assume that this is has something to do with getting the Pro. I've had an OG PS4 since launch day. Anyone else get a $10 code?

Mail or PSN message?

ron_bato

Yup. Theres a thread floting around of people getting the same gift from sony.

Just got my 10$ a few hours ago. I also bought the pro.

I've got multiple accounts on my main PS4, some of which with more downloadable content than others. Is it worth logging them all in and setting the accounts as primary on the Pro before a system transfer, or just the main one and doing the others afterwards?

The former seems obvious now that I'm typing it up, but it's worth asking nonetheless.

Massa

I've got multiple accounts on my main PS4, some of which with more downloadable content than others. Is it worth logging them all in and setting the accounts as primary on the Pro before a system transfer, or just the main one and doing the others afterwards?

The former seems obvious now that I'm typing it up, but it's worth asking nonetheless.

The transfer process can also change all the primary accounts to the new system, so you don't have to do it manually.

Top Bottom